Blueyonder Email

Comments

• meatonmeaton Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by lilbit137
    I guarantee you that if you and everyone else who has a complaint about the email service stands up to be counted using the proper channels, then Telewest will end up having to do something about it

um, we shouldnt have to 'use the proper channels' to get them to do somthing about it, and as i've said before, we pay for the email service. doesnt matter how you look at it WE pay for it.

Michael
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone having problems with their email today? I've had a few phone calls to say that my emails have been returned undeliverable. I checked and emptied my webmail but it still is bouncing - any ideas?
  • meatonmeaton Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I'm actually shocked that i can say no, i havent had any problems with email today, which makes a big change.

Wonder how long it'll last :rolleyes:

Michael
    CryBayBee wrote:
    Is anyone having problems with their email today? I've had a few phone calls to say that my emails have been returned undeliverable. I checked and emptied my webmail but it still is bouncing - any ideas?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Blueyonder email is still not functioning correctly. And this is what, two weeks now.

Have you received any promise of compensation from Blueyonder / Telewest?

Are your package charges or costs reduced, or maybe other services (TV) upgraded?

Have you asked for recompense, and been refused?
  • stevebrownstevebrown Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be a regional thing now because my email is working fine here and has been for the past 4 or 5 days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    anykey wrote:
    Blueyonder email is still not functioning correctly. And this is what, two weeks now.

Have you received any promise of compensation from Blueyonder / Telewest?

Are your package charges or costs reduced, or maybe other services (TV) upgraded?

Have you asked for recompense, and been refused?

Try 3 1/2 weeks. The first week went by telling people it wasn't a mail server fault, it was the pc's fault.

Compensation? For email? Surely you must be joking. The most you're going to get for losing your emails is an "I'm sorry, but we don't guarantee our email service for any particular fitness or purpose".

I don't know what you mean about upgrade. Free upgrade for loss of email? Again, I don't think so.

Look, the bottom line is it's been going on for now coming up on a month so they apparently aren't too keen and don't seem to make it a priority to get it fixed in a timely fashion.

So, my advice is, just don't use it. Period.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Mine had started working again for a few days but has now started getting errors again tonight...

not very happy with it at the moment...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was getting errors all afternoon, but seems OK now.
  • ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 email faults last night and now this evening :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    i am getting authentication erroirs on and off virtually every day.
  • apboyleapboyle Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    My wife's pre-June 11th imap4 email messages are still missing after 5 days.

Quote TW Support:
    "* If you are a Webmail or IMAP4 user (i.e. you don't download email onto your computer) any email sent to you prior to 24.00 hrs 10th June will again not be available for a period of time
    PLEASE NOTE - No emails or attachments have been lost. They are currently inaccessible, but will be delivered to you as soon as possible."

Around 200 emails are inaccessible and causing quite a bit of grief in this household. Some are employment-related and pretty important to be able to access. Her implicit message is "why did I sign us up with Telewest?"

For info, we use imap4 rather than pop3 as we both access our Blueyonder accounts from different PCs in different places.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    2 email faults last night and now this evening :mad:

its a bloody joke same trouble again ive got a yahoo account which im going to swap over for good i can't see telewest ever sorting this email problem :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I believe the email service is free of charge, and is an add on to the internet package you receive. Read your TOC. Same category as the PWP, which is free but you can pay for the upgrade.

As for Spam, you cannot hold the ISP responsible, it falls into the same catagory as Spyware. The ISP can't monitor what mailing lists you sign up to, or which websites you visit in the case of Spyware.

I use two email accounts myself, one email address is strictly for friends and family, this suprisingly enough doesn't get spam, the second mailbox I use, the same one I used to sign up to forums like this one does get shedloads of spam. Wonder why..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    w0rm wrote:
    I use two email accounts myself, one email address is strictly for friends and family, this suprisingly enough doesn't get spam, the second mailbox I use, the same one I used to sign up to forums like this one does get shedloads of spam. Wonder why..
    That's exactly what I do - blueyonder for friends/family/companies I trust (including Digital Spy); Hotmail for everything else. I can count on 1 hand the amount of spam I get per month with blueyonder and I lose count with Hotmail!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I could have taken a course on mail platform and maintanance and fixed the problem with the length of time this email issue has been going on..................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been intermittent problems all day today with the email - and will we get a refund???? HELL NO! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even want a refund, I just want the bloody problems sorted!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Telewest have called in Microsoft to fix email probs:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/23/telewest_email_probs/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,440
    Forum Member
    Well, at least they're taking it seriously, and admitting they need help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thetieman wrote:
    Telewest have called in Microsoft to fix email probs:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/23/telewest_email_probs/
    Might have known it was a Microsoft fault :rolleyes: ;):D
  • beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having problems with emails, the connection speed and now I can't upload anything to my web site. It seems it's an overall problem affecting most of the service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    w0rm wrote:
    As for Spam, you cannot hold the ISP responsible, it falls into the same catagory as Spyware. The ISP can't monitor what mailing lists you sign up to, or which websites you visit in the case of Spyware.

I can and I will... sometimes.

When I first set up my email I didn't actually use it, just set it up. The next day I logged in and found about a dozen pieces of spam. I didn't sign up to any mailing lists, I hadn't even sent an email yet. The only people who knew my address were me and BY, and I hadn't told anyone.

On the other hand, since then I've only gotten 1 or 2 bits of spam a month, which is acceptable to me, and I'm actually quite happy with the email service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now I can't upload anything to my web site

ever thought of reading your own isps status page before reporting a fault?

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/tickets/6440111.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjk wrote:
    I can and I will... sometimes.

When I first set up my email I didn't actually use it, just set it up. The next day I logged in and found about a dozen pieces of spam. I didn't sign up to any mailing lists, I hadn't even sent an email yet. The only people who knew my address were me and BY, and I hadn't told anyone.

On the other hand, since then I've only gotten 1 or 2 bits of spam a month, which is acceptable to me, and I'm actually quite happy with the email service.
    But don't forget jjk, that some spammers use programs that automatically generate email addresses - they pick and ISP and then the program generates addresses from that eg a@blueyonder, b@, c@ etc... So although it's a pain in the ass, it sometimes pays to have a complicated address, so making it harder for these spam programs to 'come up with' your address.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevebrown wrote:
    But don't forget jjk, that some spammers use programs that automatically generate email addresses - they pick and ISP and then the program generates addresses from that eg a@blueyonder, b@, c@ etc... So although it's a pain in the ass, it sometimes pays to have a complicated address, so making it harder for these spam programs to 'come up with' your address.

You're quite right, though as it was only about 6 or 7 hours between setting up the address and receiving the spam it's a bit of a coincidence.

What I was really responding too though, is the implication several people have made that if you're receiving spam then you're to blame. That's not always the case, and it's not too unreasonable to want your ISP to provide some protection.