Options

Virgin Fantastic customer services

nightporternightporter Posts: 981
Forum Member
✭✭
My trusty V+ box finally gave up the ghost (nearly 3 years, no probs, still had the 1st recording on it).
I called customer services on Friday afternoon, got through after about 1 min, spoke to a nice girl,(scouser). She said she would send someone to look at it, I was expecting her to say next week but she said is tomorrow ok? So Saturday afternoon engineer arrives, checks it out, agrees with me thats its the HDMI jack thats faulty and gets me a shiney new V+.

So customer services are not all bad.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I need to do the same as my HDMI doesn't work despite getting a new HDMI cable from Virgin. I'm pleased you got a good service. The other day I rang them because the service was down and I got a lovely lady from India, not only her command of English was excellent, she was lovely to speak to and offered me to send me another HDMI when she heard that my television couldn't 'see' the box.

I bought a lower range HD television (Acoustic Solutions) from Argos but that's what I could afford. I have an HD camera and it works with it. So I hope it's only my box being faulty and not an incompatibility issue between AS televisions and V+ boxes !?! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    I need to do the same as my HDMI doesn't work despite getting a new HDMI cable from Virgin. I'm pleased you got a good service. The other day I rang them because the service was down and I got a lovely lady from India, not only her command of English was excellent, she was lovely to speak to and offered me to send me another HDMI when she heard that my television couldn't 'see' the box.

I bought a lower range HD television (Acoustic Solutions) from Argos but that's what I could afford. I have an HD camera and it works with it. So I hope it's only my box being faulty and not an incompatibility issue between AS televisions and V+ boxes !?! :confused:

To be fair this echoes my experience. The first person I spoke was very helpful and said that he thought it was the cable. I swapped the HDMI with one I knew worked and phoned. Another very helpful man ran through the setup and forced HDMI but eveb that didn't work so he got an engineer round.

In the meantime I found that my old silver was known not to work with HDMI. So I prepared myself for an argument but not only did the man turn when agreed, he was very helpful and, most importantly, he had a new black V+ box under his arm.

He installed and (apart from On Demand not working for a day) all was fine.

Well done VM.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its nice to hear some positive stories, I think people can sometimes get the wrong impression, as if its all bad because there are a fair few negative stories posted but I think its true to say that your alot more likely to share if your annoyed or angry or otherwise have had a bad experience, than you are if you had a good experience... those who are happy don't feel so motivated to tell everyone about it *shrug* thats just my opinion. My family have been with VM since the company was Telewest and we've been mostly happy with the service (apart from VOD being down once in a while and I was POed when we lost the Sky channels but im happy now their back lol), the customer services have always managed to offer us savings somehow when we phoned to enquire about that...

That sounds pretty good that your V+ box lasted as long as about 3 years. I know hard disk based products can't be expected to last more than a couple of years or so realistically, given that they have running parts and all of that (im not too technically minded but I understand that much), so that sounds pretty good... I use my PVR almost daily and thats been running fine for a year and a half, im fair chuffed with it so far :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    They certainly beat the poo out of the service you got under NTL. It used to really frustrate me that cable internet is amazingly fast and reliable, but the customer service was shockingly bad! It was fairly normal for people at NTL to hang up on me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Thank You All,

For taking the time to post positive comments about your experiences with our customer services teams. It is true what is said, have a good experience and you may possibly tell 1 person, have a bad experience, and you will blog till the whole world hears about it :)

Good to see happy customers

Thanks again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkmor wrote: »
    Thank You All,

For taking the time to post positive comments about your experiences with our customer services teams. It is true what is said, have a good experience and you may possibly tell 1 person, have a bad experience, and you will blog till the whole world hears about it :)

Good to see happy customers

Thanks again

Yup, I believe so... I think those phone lines they sometimes have on TV shows are similar, where they'll ask are you happy with so and so's response to whatever, something to do with the news, something topical, usually the response is very negative (ie the result ends up being that the majority aren't happy with whatever it was the question was about, if you follow what I mean) because its everyone (even if its just a minority out of the whole of the UK) sitting at home fuming about what they've read in the papers or on the news, who'll feel fired up enough to phone through to the TV show phone lines to vote and make their opinion known... thats the way I see things anyway... perhaps not always, but often, it ends up that way...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    i agree there izzy and i think i followed what you meant :D

But usually the opinion is created by small minded people who rank themselves more important than anyone elses view, usually the type where you can never get a word in edgeways. But the reality is that they are so hugely intelligent what they just spent 20 min on a £1.50 per min phone line to tell a guy who cares nothing about what you say, your opinion and feel like you acomplished something. Well you did, a huge phone bill that you will no doubt post about on here saying how scandelouse it is that virgin want this much money off you LMAO :cool:

Sorry having a strange day at the office so wanted a pointless yet amusing rant !!!
  • Options
    dodgem22dodgem22 Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    i have to say i have had cause to call the faults department a couple of times in the past few months and on both these calls the service i experianced was excellent. I admit i have been on this and other forums having a rant when virgin and others get things wrong but i will also say when they have done things right and i think on the whole Virgin are a lot better than some other companies i have dealt with in the past.

Its very true what people say if a company does something right not a lot tends to be said but when they do something wrong the whole world and his dog is informed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodgem22 wrote: »
    i have to say i have had cause to call the faults department a couple of times in the past few months and on both these calls the service i experianced was excellent. I admit i have been on this and other forums having a rant when virgin and others get things wrong but i will also say when they have done things right and i think on the whole Virgin are a lot better than some other companies i have dealt with in the past.

Its very true what people say if a company does something right not a lot tends to be said but when they do something wrong the whole world and his dog is informed.

Care to name the 'other companies' ?? (well someone had to ask!) :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    They certainly beat the poo out of the service you got under NTL. It used to really frustrate me that cable internet is amazingly fast and reliable, but the customer service was shockingly bad! It was fairly normal for people at NTL to hang up on me!

This is all really good to hear! I am seriously considering ditching Sky and looking at Virgin but one thing that stops me is my God-awful experience wth NTL a few years ago. I do have Sky HD and I wonder what people's experience with the V+ HD service is as I'm in two minds as to what to do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is all really good to hear! I am seriously considering ditching Sky and looking at Virgin but one thing that stops me is my God-awful experience wth NTL a few years ago. I do have Sky HD and I wonder what people's experience with the V+ HD service is as I'm in two minds as to what to do!

Sometimes there good, sometimes there bad.. don't worry...

If there bad.. roast them.. if there good.. take it and thank them.
  • Options
    dodgem22dodgem22 Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Care to name the 'other companies' ?? (well someone had to ask!) :D

BT was one of them the customer service was dreadful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodgem22 wrote: »
    BT was one of them the customer service was dreadful

Ah, I have heard that before...Watchdog have mentioned BT a good few times. Or more a bad few times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    BT can be a nightmare but you should try McDONALDS cs...