Options

Being Honest: WTF

Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So who on here is in a position of being an honest person so much so that honesty has got you nowhere?, you know you attend somewhere and are told we are here to help you and so if you do anything wrong and tell someone and the police become involved your are faced with being treated just the same as if you had not said anything in the first place.

Sometimes I feel well I will not be honest anymore if I am going to be treated as if I have just committed a very major crime, I feel this is a lesson for the Police as if you are going to treat someone who is honest as if they have committed a waste of time then why should we say anything.

The sad thing is I feel that if everyone was like me and admitted they needed help and they had problems that crimes would be solved that much quickly.

Comments

• Options
    year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I once found a sony laptop hidden in some bushes (well my dog did) it was soaking wet, i dried it out found the owners address and returned it.

He wasnt happy and kept insinuating that i had stolen it from his car.even when i offerd
    to give him my name and address and the names of four other dog walkers who were with me when i found it. in the end he told me to f..off and slammed the door in my face

I should have given it straight to the police.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was younger I accidentally reversed into a customers car on my dads pub car park but it didn't cause more than a slight scratch to his bumper but thought it best to go back in and tell him. He ended up claiming for a whole new bumper off my insurance which as a 18 year old driver then put my insurance premium through the roof. I wished I'd not bothered telling him as the damage was barely noticeable.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    So who on here is in a position of being an honest person so much so that honesty has got you nowhere?, you know you attend somewhere and are told we are here to help you and so if you do anything wrong and tell someone and the police become involved your are faced with being treated just the same as if you had not said anything in the first place.

Sometimes I feel well I will not be honest anymore if I am going to be treated as if I have just committed a very major crime, I feel this is a lesson for the Police as if you are going to treat someone who is honest as if they have committed a waste of time then why should we say anything.

The sad thing is I feel that if everyone was like me and admitted they needed help and they had problems that crimes would be solved that much quickly.

What on earth happened to you, Lee? Don't tell me you're being blamed for someone else's crime??
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    My friend and I once found a wallet full of credit cards, but no cash, in Leicester Square.

We went and found a police officer to give it to, he took it, examined it and had the brass neck to ask if there had been money in it when we'd found it!

I asked him 'Do you really think we'd be daft enough to take money out, then hand it in to you?' before walking off in disgust.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a handbag on a train at London Bridge train station (I was leaving) I found her address inside, so got back off the train and took it to her house (around the back of Guy's Hospital)

I should have just handed it in to lost property. It was crammed with valuables, and I knew where the address was - so took it to her address.

Not a thank you, a smile, or a kiss my arse. She looked at me like I had stolen the thing.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did 3 months in prison for ABH.

I said to my legal team, during a break in the trial, that the prosecution and witnesses were lying.

"Yes, they always do. Stick to the truth"

I was found guilty.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I found a handbag on a train at London Bridge train station (I was leaving) I found her address inside, so got back off the train and took it to her house (around the back of Guy's Hospital)

I should have just handed it in to lost property. It was crammed with valuables, and I knew where the address was - so took it to her address.

Not a thank you, a smile, or a kiss my arse. She looked at me like I had stolen the thing.

That would make me want to tip it all down the nearest drain, the ungrateful mare!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    year 1957 wrote: »
    I once found a sony laptop hidden in some bushes (well my dog did) it was soaking wet, i dried it out found the owners address and returned it.

He wasnt happy and kept insinuating that i had stolen it from his car.even when i offerd
    to give him my name and address and the names of four other dog walkers who were with me when i found it. in the end he told me to f..off and slammed the door in my face

I should have given it straight to the police.

Hmm... Makes me wonder what was on it exactly...
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a wallet in the street with a lot of money in it. It had an address in it, which is stupid I think, and It wasn't far away from where I lived so I took it back to the owner, who turned out to be a very nice South African. We now live together and have a 4 year old daughter.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend and I once found a wallet full of credit cards, but no cash, in Leicester Square.

We went and found a police officer to give it to, he took it, examined it and had the brass neck to ask if there had been money in it when we'd found it!

I asked him 'Do you really think we'd be daft enough to take money out, then hand it in to you?' before walking off in disgust.

A passing cyclist once dropped his wallet, without realising, and carried on cycling. All the money dropped out, and there was about a hundred pound in notes blowing about.

I picked it all up and was, genuinely, just looking through the wallet to see if it had any sort of address in it, when he returned (a following car told him what had happened).

I was sat looking through his wallet, with all his banknotes in the other hand. He wasn't that impressed or grateful...:)
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing football when I was younger and kicked the ball too high and hard and it flew into someone's garden and smashed a window or two on their greenhouse. I went round straight away and offered to get them payment but they were super cool about it and said it didn't matter.

When I was working a few years ago we were all given safety knives for the boxes and I put mine down for a few seconds and when I went to pick it up it had gone missing. I told the boss and they got everyone to line up and decided in front of them all to say it hadn't gone anywhere. I said I didn't steal it and he, plain as day, said, "I don't believe you!" I offered to allow them to search me but they refused, the bellends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Will honesty mean that people are happy? I don't know. Honesty makes yourself satisfied. There is only honesty, no delusion.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a wallet in the street with a lot of money in it. It had an address in it, which is stupid I think, and It wasn't far away from where I lived so I took it back to the owner, who turned out to be a very nice South African. We now live together and have a 4 year old daughter.

Lucky sod, that's a great anecdote, you know when you're on Pointless or DOND and they ask for a funny story, that's a good one,

I can't think of one at all.

Unless you made it up ?