Options

Countdown to the 30th: EastEnders Discussion

dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only 4 months to go until EastEnders' 30th birthday so I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss all things birthday related; news, spoilers and discussion. So far we know there'll be a live week of episodes with the birthday one fully live on Thursday 19th February. We also know that Lucy's killer will be revealed, what else are you hoping for from Anniversary week?

My Killer Theory: CINDY JNR.

1. Kat, Cindy and Ronnie (will) have newborn babies. The last time both Ronnie and Kat gave birth was the controversial baby swap which was widely criticised. Kat and Ronnie have their own tragedies but there's no way they're taking their babies away from them. Cindy on the other hand has taken to motherhood like a duck to water and to quote DTC 'When the killer is revealed, we don’t want everyone to go ‘Oh, that was clever, I never would’ve guessed that.’ We want everyone to go ‘Oooh, that makes sense,’ and “Oh my god, that’s upsetting - and very clever'

2. Beth will have her mother taken away from her months after birth just like Cindy lost her mother, who was in prison (where she’s headed), and died in childbirth. History repeats itself. This is the daughter of the woman who was in prison for attempted murder except Cindy succeeded although I’m not sure she realises she dealt the fatal blow yet as I suspect someone else moved the body not wanting to be held culpable. (Nick Cotton? Ben Mitchell?)

3. Jane is returning full time. We all know how much she wanted a baby and that Ian still loves her. Cindy’s baby will see them reunite to bring up the child of Lucy’s killer?

4. Why make TJ the baby daddy of Beth? What is the point of the pregnancy if not to make the outcome of Lucy’s death all the more tragic and heartbreaking as Cindy will be separated from her months are giving birth.

5. The greatest impact will be had if the killer has been under the Beale roof the whole time. Cindy shared Lucy’s room for 8 months prior to her death. She knows all her secrets; getting arrested in Devon and doing coke, what else could she know about Lucy? They never shared many scenes but I think Cindy was extremely jealous of her, Lucy had a loving family, men falling at her feet and was running her own business. I think Cindy wanted Lucy’s life and we all know Lucy had an acid tongue probably leading Cindy to lash out at her.

6. Cindy’s voicemail on Lucy’s phone. 2 of the people that left voicemails on Lucy’s phone were offscreen after the week of the murder for long lengths of time which I think is telling. (Lee & Cindy) Voicemail No. 3 was Cindy, “Lucy…You coming back tonight? Look, I know I messed up. Please don’t be mad…Just text me.” We’re meant to think this is about the coke but I think she went to the flats after looking for Ian at the restaurant and had an argument with Lucy. I think she’s apologising for that not realising it was fatal as Lucy had already taken a bang the head earlier that week.

7. She’s dispensable. By February, she’ll have only been onscreen just over a year. Mimi is 16 so will is able to work longer hours. I think she’s a big part to play in the coda of this story. (massive if my suspicion she’s the killer is true) Although I think the killer will be around for a long while after the anniversary and Mimi is crying out for a big story.

8. Ian will blame himself for letting her stay under his roof. If he’d shipped her back off to Gina’s when she got up the duff, he’d still have his daughter. Peter will also feel guilty as she followed him to Walford with his secret.

9. The future of the Beales. Cindy’s baby will be a constant reminder and imagine the story potential in a Cindy return years down the line. She’s only 16 and I could see her getting a manslaughter charge. Much like Ian’s brother, Ben, I don’t think she’d serve long in prison and her return would be massive for the Beales. Cindy wanting her baby back, Ian and Jane having bonded with it. I could see Denise taking pity on her and becoming a mother figure to her too.

10. Because she’s the best possible option IMO. The Carters will be taking centre stage at Christmas so I’d prefer they took a backseat during the 30th anniversary. It’ll be all about the Mitchells, Beales (Lucy reveal) and Cottons (Nick’s death?). The show’s 5 longest serving characters at the forefront. The Lucy story will involve almost the whole Square “We're going to use this storyline to find out a lot about every single character on the Square” but by the end of it I think we’ll be back in the Beales where we started. The only plausible Beale would be Cindy.

I also think it'll be curtains for Nick Cotton and there'll be a wedding, possibly Ronnie and Charlie.

Discuss. :D

Who Killed Lucy Beale? 109 votes

Lee Carter
2%
The_abbottvaslav37Al_Stack 3 votes
Cindy Williams
10%
cobisalias aliasSunny Bdullire[Deleted User]IJoinedInMayguestofsethwillows[Deleted User]SquiblerOdonata 11 votes
Lola Pearce
8%
MrJames[Deleted User]IanMandyAcejr200FiregazerOwen19Kim_xHendraScott_Weir 9 votes
Whitney Dean
3%
DEADLY_17Mokey76James33rhys_soapfan 4 votes
Ben Mitchell
0%
Stube 1 vote
Nick Cotton
2%
Yoshi Fan[Deleted User]Matt_Norris1 3 votes
Ronnie Mitchell
0%
Denise Fox
8%
LeeahCherryRose[Deleted User]jboy2k8burbeStuart25[Deleted User]grazemytvaddictzerothehero 9 votes
Peter Beale
17%
Brain DonorsajanEELoversutton111ArthurJBearcurvybabeswalford-e20LightMeUpemmageeringSOAPYFAN[Deleted User][Deleted User]joshua_martinMattXfactorMutantXPink_Smurf[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User] 19 votes
Aleks Shirovs
2%
eastboy1980[Deleted User]Benllech 3 votes
Les & Pam Coker
5%
bwfcolmw03902shy2007Gaskell17Joey15811RIP_Emma 6 votes
Abi Branning
15%
GilashBathshebavaldedduk1981ImOnlyWeehannahAngelaAmelloEESuperFandantay24ukgcmac[Deleted User]TheGraduate2012scarlet8715[Deleted User][Deleted User]NoughtiesMusic 17 votes
Max Branning
1%
[Deleted User]eejm 2 votes
Ian Beale
2%
Colin_BrownlieLisa_Thomas2[Deleted User] 3 votes
Jane Beale
7%
[Deleted User]bass55JamieHTflowerducksqwidge1978SebbyxxEmma_Henvey[Deleted User] 8 votes
Dean Wicks
0%
Masood Ahmed
4%
Shazla09jaanfxdancing.queenlou_123TVScanner99 5 votes
Charlie Cotton
0%
[Deleted User] 1 vote
someone else/no one
4%
Lady Voldemort[Deleted User]SuperAPJMani_BhangraPointy 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Beale
    Wow, interesting and well thought out theory!!

Good thread, looking forward to this week so much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Cindy Williams
    I agree with you, Cindy is my frontrunner to be the killer and I think she would be a wise choice. Mimi Keene could definitely pull it off as she has already proved her talent.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great positive thread Mr D!
    I like the Cindy theory. It's sad and intriguing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy Williams
    Wow, interesting and well thought out theory!!

Good thread, looking forward to this week so much!

Thanks. :)
    Vatican wrote: »
    I agree with you, Cindy is my frontrunner to be the killer and I think she would be a wise choice. Mimi Keene could definitely pull it off as she has already proved her talent.

Mimi was fantastic during the birth episode, more screentime please!
    0...0 wrote: »
    Great positive thread Mr D!
    I like the Cindy theory. It's sad and intriguing.

Cheers. :)

It's almost as good as your Tracey one. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Beale
    For what it's worth I think it's going to be Peter.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Thanks. :)

Mimi was fantastic during the birth episode, more screentime please!

Cheers. :)

It's almost as good as your Tracey one. :D

Aw, bless ya. I would love to see it onscreen. :D
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Carter
    I voted Lee but I would like it to be Billy.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Great thread Dj, so can't wait for this. :D
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Abi Branning
    Good idea for a thread.

I've given up guessing who the killer is for the moment. I'm not even convinced it was a murder. I will say the Walford police must be the most incompetent in the Country...in fact, make that in any Country.:D

Who I'd like to see is probably different from who should be there. And that of course should be the Beales, the Cottons, the Mitchells and Tracey:) . But didn't they manage to fit every single cast member into the 25th, so maybe they'll do that again.

I'm not sure about putting a wedding in...weddings really do deserve an episode of their own. Mick and Linda is the one I'm looking forward to most, it's bound to happen.:)
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les & Pam Coker
    Really don't want it to be Cindy :(

The killer obviously will have to go so in hoping whitney.

Other ones I wouldn't mind it being:
    Nick: 30 years ago it was reg and now it's lucy and he gets life or gets shot by the police (nick will be armed and resist) and it brings it full circle at last
    Danny: was badly uses and this could brig him
    Something good to work with. If it wasn't, this character was pointless
    Denise: maybe being with Lucas and being held hostage a
    Has made her self protective and able to kill. Maybe a row before Denise got home that night.
    Jane: to prevent a reunion with Ian
    Ian/Rainie: maybe combined?

Lauren/peter I will be surprised about as they seem desperate for the killer to be caught and think they are next.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very interesting theory! I could imagine that as I was reading it! ^_^
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money's still on Abi. As for the actual anniversary week, I think we'll have a death , possibly Nasty Nick's as I feel his return will be short lived . I could see Ronnie killing him , Charlie discovering it, then unsure whether to hand her in.
    When's Ronnie's baby due? I feel they may go down the birth/death/marriage route. The only marriage candidate I could see is Mick and Linda's. Hopefully we'll get a return. The most likely one I could see is Grant's.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the one hand the Cindy theory sounds awesome and more plausible than any of the other possibilities, but on the other hand I don't want her to have to leave :(

I'm convinced the big Xmas twist is connected to all of the strange police goings on. Ever since Keeble taking over and the sham press conference I think they've been building a case against one of Ian/Peter/Max/Lauren, and trying to see which one incriminated themselves in some way. As the Beales prepare for the first Xmas without Lucy, the police will move in and make their arrest.

This would pave the way for the real killer to slip up in the build up to the 30th.

It's also interesting that John Altman was pictured at Nicks funeral in full Nick costume... Were they filming flashback footage to be used in the anniversary?
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masood Ahmed
    I really think it'll either be Masood or Denise. I voted for Masood in the poll, but I think Denise is equally as plausible.

Just imagine, whilst Ian was shagging Raine, Denise was killing Lucy. If Ian had stayed at home, Denise would probably have left him but Lucy would have been alive, but instead it was Lucy who left him due to being killed by Denise.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Lola Pearce
    I voted Lola, but I don't really have a theory. I just think she was jealous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Beale
    Voted sadly for Peter in the poll, I hope it isn't him :(
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Lola Pearce
    I went with Lola, but my top five are Lola, Cindy, Peter, Denise or Jane.

Love the theory, can't wait for the 30th.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it'll be a female whodunnit
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Peter Beale
    I think it'll be Peter. If he's the killer, then Lucy only died because Ian said she was his favourite. Peter was mad at her for no fault of her own, rather due to something their father said. THAT would be upsetting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy Williams
    xTonix wrote: »
    Great thread Dj, so can't wait for this. :D

Thanks Toni.
    vald wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread.

I've given up guessing who the killer is for the moment. I'm not even convinced it was a murder. I will say the Walford police must be the most incompetent in the Country...in fact, make that in any Country.:D

Who I'd like to see is probably different from who should be there. And that of course should be the Beales, the Cottons, the Mitchells and Tracey:) . But didn't they manage to fit every single cast member into the 25th, so maybe they'll do that again.

I'm not sure about putting a wedding in...weddings really do deserve an episode of their own. Mick and Linda is the one I'm looking forward to most, it's bound to happen.:)
    Thanks. :) I think there'll be some big occasion to bring everyone together and help them include as many people as possible.
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Very interesting theory! I could imagine that as I was reading it! ^_^
    Thanks.
    ameew wrote: »
    My money's still on Abi. As for the actual anniversary week, I think we'll have a death , possibly Nasty Nick's as I feel his return will be short lived . I could see Ronnie killing him , Charlie discovering it, then unsure whether to hand her in.
    When's Ronnie's baby due? I feel they may go down the birth/death/marriage route. The only marriage candidate I could see is Mick and Linda's. Hopefully we'll get a return. The most likely one I could see is Grant's.

I think Ronnie is due mid January but she looks like she might go early.
    J-B wrote: »
    On the one hand the Cindy theory sounds awesome and more plausible than any of the other possibilities, but on the other hand I don't want her to have to leave :(

I'm convinced the big Xmas twist is connected to all of the strange police goings on. Ever since Keeble taking over and the sham press conference I think they've been building a case against one of Ian/Peter/Max/Lauren, and trying to see which one incriminated themselves in some way. As the Beales prepare for the first Xmas without Lucy, the police will move in and make their arrest.

This would pave the way for the real killer to slip up in the build up to the 30th.

It's also interesting that John Altman was pictured at Nicks funeral in full Nick costume... Were they filming flashback footage to be used in the anniversary?

Thanks. Yes I'm loving the police involvement and intrigued by the seemingly unhinged DS Bryant.
    I really think it'll either be Masood or Denise. I voted for Masood in the poll, but I think Denise is equally as plausible.

Just imagine, whilst Ian was shagging Raine, Denise was killing Lucy. If Ian had stayed at home, Denise would probably have left him but Lucy would have been alive, but instead it was Lucy who left him due to being killed by Denise.

I don't think the audience would buy Masood and Denise as killers, it'd take something special to pull that off and I'd hate to lose Nitin or Diane.
    MrJames wrote: »
    I went with Lola, but my top five are Lola, Cindy, Peter, Denise or Jane.

Love the theory, can't wait for the 30th.

Good top 5. Thanks, me neither. One day closer. :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good theory DJ, I've also given up deciding who it is.

I personally don't want it to be Cindy tho, she a good actress with heaps of potential but then it could work in her favor, I guess.

I also would like it not to be another female killer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy Williams
    Big bet on Jane causes bookies to pull plug on Lucy Beale whodunit betting.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-lucy-beales-killer-could-4481387

Interestingly Jane has no votes on the poll. She's been offscreen for most of the aftermath, appears to have no motive and falls seemingly under the radar. Unlike Jay and the Cokers, I think Jane is a plausible suspect and definetly one of the better options.

Jane was understandably grief stricken in the aftermath of Lucy's death but was there more to it? She fled the Square soon after and only attended the funeral following a visit from Ian.
    She's also been part of the Beale unit for 10 years and it'd certainly be tragic and upsetting if the nearest thing Lucy had to a mum had accidentally killed her. Lucy was eager for her to reunite with Ian and Ian still carries a torch for her.
    Lucy had a nasty tongue. It'd be conceivable for many to lash out at her following one of her bitter tirades and give her a second, fatal head injury.

Was it Jane? I'll be watching closely when she returns next month.....
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masood Ahmed
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Big bet on Jane causes bookies to pull plug on Lucy Beale whodunit betting.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eastenders-lucy-beales-killer-could-4481387

Interestingly Jane has no votes on the poll. She's been offscreen for most of the aftermath, appears to have no motive and falls seemingly under the radar. Unlike Jay and the Cokers, I think Jane is a plausible suspect and definetly one of the better options.

Jane was understandably grief stricken in the aftermath of Lucy's death but was there more to it? She fled the Square soon after and only attended the funeral following a visit from Ian.
    She's also been part of the Beale unit for 10 years and it'd certainly be tragic and upsetting if the nearest thing Lucy had to a mum had accidentally killed her. Lucy was eager for her to reunite with Ian and Ian still carries a torch for her.
    Lucy had a nasty tongue. It'd be conceivable for many to lash out at her following one of her bitter tirades and give her a second, fatal head injury.

Was it Jane? I'll be watching closely when she returns next month.....

I think this is it. Let's hope they stick to it as opposed to Archie killer. The only other one which would have a connection like this to a lesser extent is Denise. Jane makes sense. She is in the trailer. She could be expendable. It's her imo.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masood Ahmed
    Your theory is very interesting, however I think they will go for the easy and obvious and have Jane as the killer, which I think is really bad if Jane being the killer, turns out to be true!

I think Ian and Jane make a brilliant couple, and I hope they get back together, I'm really excited for Janes return, so if Jane is the killer and has to leave the show, I'll be VERY annoyed!>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy Williams
    Yeah, Jane's got an air of Kathy about her.

Now is also the perfect time for a major disaster to hit the Square. With the rebuild soon to begin, I expect some of it will have to occur onscreen. A train crash might be too similar to the Corrie tram crash though.