Options

EE- Cant stand Summerhayes!

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
Cant quite put my finger on it but I cant stand Summerhayes!!

I think its because shes been so damned unprofessional in having a relationship with Max.
She's supposed to be an intelligent police detective but she seems completely oblivious to Max's past or anything about his personality. She seems a paradox- smart at work but leaves her brains behind when she gets home.

Anyone else find the relationship unconvincing? I dont see what the appeal of Max is for her, Jake Wood just looks bored with the plotline and theres no chemistry between them at all.
No wonder he waltzed off!!

Comments

• Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's cute, for a dumb cop, I like her, hope she stays on after Lucy Beale killer reveal.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHE IS AN INCREDIBLY POOR ACTOR
    How can people not see it lol!!?
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    At the start, I thought she was pretending to be stupid, in order to infiltrate the Branning family but it seems that she is actually stupid.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She's such a drip. she reminds me of a more pathetic version of Laura Beale.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is quite inoffensive
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her so incredibly naive and idiotic for a police detective to the point that I just dislike her. Sherlock Holmes she ain't!
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I don't find her's and Max's relationship believable. I'm not keen on her tbh. She's a wet blanket.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I don't really like her or Max, and they certainly don't have any chemistry. No idea why she'd be drawn to him, he doesn't exactly have anything going for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    I don't really like her or Max, and they certainly don't have any chemistry. No idea why she'd be drawn to him, he doesn't exactly have anything going for him.
    Her other boyfriend / fiancé is gorgeous. I don't know what she sees in Max either. When she's with him she has an expression on her face that says "get me out of here".
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's like an ultra-stupid, ultra-dull version of Kate Mitchell. The copper who ends up falling in love with the criminal/suspect.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Her other boyfriend / fiancé is gorgeous. I don't know what she sees in Max either. When she's with him she has an expression on her face that says "get me out of here".

Yeah, he is. I mean of course it's not all about looks, but it's certainly a comedown in that respect. Max isn't exactly a nice person, either.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a fan, the actress is terrible.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her and the actress aint half bad.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I quite like her. I'm still not very keen on her relationship with Max but it may still work. I'd actually rather see her and Cameron together and they move to the Square.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back Tanya!!!!!!
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Bring back Tanya!!!!!!

Max & Tania had real chemistry. Stacey & Max,although tawdry, worked too.
    I simply cant see why these 2 are together. There seems no spark whatsoever. Bad plotlining by EE in my opinion, trying to spice up the Lucy Beale murder investigation. FAIL!
    At least with the Phil Mitchell entrapment storyline it was kinda believable.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, don't get the hate, yes she a shite copper but then most are on EE, even her relationship with Max isn't that bad a bit choppy but not as senile as the others he had lately, I don't think she a long term character though.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma just cant resist Max's special place downstairs thats why she is in a relationship with him but come on how can she dump hot DCI Malachy for Max Branning?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emma just cant resist Max's special place downstairs thats why she is in a relationship with him but come on how can she dump hot DCI Malachy for Max Branning?

Max's special place downstairs? :blush: Do you mean his..um...thingy? Like his winkey? :blush:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    She is quite inoffensive

That's the problem. Being inoffensive is not in her job description.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found Jake Wood to have chemistry with all the women he's been paired with onscreen apart from Summerhayes . The character's very whiny and bland. They're unbelievable as Max has always liked his women a bit fiery .
  • Options
    cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    same here i just cant stand her one bit hope she leaves soon shes awful
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll all be sorry when on Xmas Day she rips her face mask off to reveal Marsden underneath and arrests Phil for Lucy's murder and Abi for decimation of the Eastend hamster/gerbil/whatever they are Scrabbler, sorry I can't remember, population....
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Max's special place downstairs? :blush: Do you mean his..um...thingy? Like his winkey? :blush:

Yes lol
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The character is an utter joke! Get Tanya back already...