Options

Help Watching BT Sport Online?.

Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am sorry as I do not know where to post this so please move this mods to the right place if you need to, right I have tried to watch today's football on BT Sport on two computers as well as a Smart Phone and am having the following problems:

On the computer as well as laptop I have got message telling me that in order to watch BT Sport I have to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have done on my laptop but I am unable to do so on the computer as I am staying with my Auntie and Uncle so it is their computer.

I have also tried to view the game on my mobile/Smart Phone via the app which I have installed but it just comes up with a blank picture, so has anyone else had the same problem and what am I doing wrong/how do I sort it out?.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    fortytwofortytwo Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    I am sorry as I do not know where to post this so please move this mods to the right place if you need to, right I have tried to watch today's football on BT Sport on two computers as well as a Smart Phone and am having the following problems:

On the computer as well as laptop I have got message telling me that in order to watch BT Sport I have to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have done on my laptop but I am unable to do so on the computer as I am staying with my Auntie and Uncle so it is their computer.

I have also tried to view the game on my mobile/Smart Phone via the app which I have installed but it just comes up with a blank picture, so has anyone else had the same problem and what am I doing wrong/how do I sort it out?.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

You do need Silverlight and it is pretty finicky at times to decide to work!

I would advise you to get over to the BT community forums where there's some helpful posts and people. Most of the help comes from other members not BT.

When BT sport started up a year ago the forums were chock full of people having trouble getting it to work. including myself.

One little quirk Silverlight seems to have is refusing to work unless your computer time is set exactly right.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/ct-p/BTSport
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I was having trouble using the app on my Lenovo tablet the other week. I asked for help on the thread for tablets but no one replied, but it just seemed to sort itself out. Maybe there was an update or something as it's working fine now.
    Sorry I can't give you any advice but I hope yours works soon too.
  • Options
    iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To watch on line you need a minimum line speed, watching on a tablet or smart phone seems to work a lot better that a PC, I have the IPad/IPhone app and it works great, if you want to watch it on the TV, something like Chromecast will do the trick