Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member

What about the new BBC2 drama Stonemouth? Surely Christian Cook naked will see ratings and heart rates rise?!

Whaaaaat? :o
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    dillan wrote: »
    Terrible for everything. Scrapping Saturday BB and making the Sunday show longer could be a good idea, that's what they do in Australia, but it will probably confuse viewers.

If memory serves that's what they used to do back in the days when Saturday was live task night and it worked fine.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I agree about the knockouts being subdued this year but you can hardly guarantee an English presence in the final and it is still a big showpiece event.

The rating last night isn't caused by no English team, it's caused by the daft Saturday night slot which UEFA insist on these days which actually means more people would watch in the pub rather than on TV. Football on a Saturday night just isn't a thing here which is why everyone was complaining what a poor night for TV it was.

It was always a Wednesday night event until 2009, and a lot of people like to go out on Saturdays, which will dent the ratings. This is why the Premiership always ends at 7.15.
    I think now football seems to be more about what the broadcasters want, rather than the fans, hence FA Cup finals kicking off at 5.15.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is up against the Live 90min launch of Love Island tonight though which is likely to pull some viewers away.
    BB should win its slot, but I'm of the opinion LI should do OK among the 16-22 audience. Also I bet a few people who remember the old one will tune in, thinking it involves celebs, and then switch over when it's members of the general public.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Love Island being below 500k, I'd be surprised to see it near to a million. Can't see any interest in the format whatsoever.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the new BBC2 drama Stonemouth? Surely Christian Cook naked will see ratings and heart rates rise?!.

If people realize it's Christian Cooke from Demons then Stonemouth is screwed! Demons was an abomination!
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I bet a few people who remember the old one will tune in, thinking it involves celebs, and then switch over when it's members of the general public.
    Most of the celebs in the original series were virtually members of the public.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    I can see Love Island being below 500k, I'd be surprised to see it near to a million. Can't see any interest in the format whatsoever.
    Initially I thought it would pull in quite a high rating for ITV2 but I'm having some reservations.
    Both BB & LI going head to head will inevitably be detrimental to both shows.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I agree about the knockouts being subdued this year but you can hardly guarantee an English presence in the final and it is still a big showpiece event.

The rating last night isn't caused by no English team, it's caused by the daft Saturday night slot which UEFA insist on these days which actually means more people would watch in the pub rather than on TV. Football on a Saturday night just isn't a thing here which is why everyone was complaining what a poor night for TV it was.

What was the rating for the 2012 final when Chelsea played in it ?
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Looks like the French Open final may go all the way. They can't throw it back over to ITV4 until 6:30pm, so we could see some schedule changes on ITV tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    The old one was hardly exciting viewing, people dossing around on an island and getting drunk and occasionally trying to pull each other. I'm surprised ITV have revived such a reviled show, though mercifully this version is on ITV 2 and will probably bump along with 300,000 viewers. Still a weird move for ITV2, though, as they are trying to shed their old image of being a dumping ground for reality shows not good enough for the main channel.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really haven't heard any hype for Love Ísland, I didn't even realise it was on tonight. I can see it being a much bigger flop than last time.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    I really haven't heard any hype for Love Ísland, I didn't even realise it was on tonight. I can see it being a much bigger flop than last time.

it might be damaging for Caroline's Flack career aswell, as you know anything could happen.

This should have been hosted by Caroline and Murs.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it has been heavily promoted on itv. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it has been heavily promoted on itv. ;-)

At least the endboard for the trailer looks nice...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ITV 2 have been promoting it, but the redtops seem not interested at all and as it's opposite BB tonight, like the original one, I can see it getting off to a bad start. Also it's a flimsy concept and having it on every night for six weeks is asking too much.
    Looking back through the ratings, the 2006 version of Love Island on ITV1 averaged 2.6 million a night, near flop zone territory, but demographically it did best among women under 30.
  • Options
    marxavlenmarxavlen Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see the CL go from ITV after 23 years and Sky after 12 years. Both produced good coverage, and have brought us some great sporting moments. Here is a round up of the ratings from Europe last night;

Spain (TVE) – 6.74m (47.7%)
    Italy (Mediaset) – 11.52m (46.7%)

Germany (ZDF) – 9.72m (36.6%)
    France (TF1) – 4.68m (23.5%)
    UK (ITV) – 4.06m (22.0%)
    Holland (NPO 3) – 2.45m (15.8%)

Total: 39.17m
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would a documentary called Prisoners' Teeth rate? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    What was the rating for the 2012 final when Chelsea played in it ?
    12 million, it is one night I won't forget for other reasons, it was the last night I spent with my ex, who was in a foul mood, and we split bitterly 2 weeks later.:(
    The previous year, which featured Man U, ITV had 15 million viewers and 2 million watched on Sky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but demographically it did best among women under 30.

perfect for ITV beeee. It can be time filler for GMB, also.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the news about Chris Evans filming a little something for Top Gear, Steve Williams has tweeted a link to a 1995 Top of the Pops which was hosted by Chris Evans.

This has little to do with ratings except to say I missed the first ten minutes of it in April 1995 because I never used to get back from my uni lectures until 7.10pm, and if 'd had a BARB box, it would have affected the ratings. :D

In a bit of useless Pizza trivia, it contains the first single I ever bought. The singer of which once accidentally gave me their address. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12 million, it is one night I won't forget for other reasons, it was the last night I spent with my ex, who was in a foul mood, and we split bitterly 2 weeks later.:(
    That's two of us who've had memories brought back by mentions of past television today. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    If people realize it's Christian Cooke from Demons then Stonemouth is screwed! Demons was an abomination!

His acting has improved since then (I hope).

And to be fair, there was a lot more wrong with Demons than the lead (although that weak link does put me in mind of Atlantis, which was made by the same idiots..I mean, geniuses). Glenister's dodgy American accent anyone?!
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing that may rate well is Wimbledon if Andy Murray gets through to second week.
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bad, but not a great send off for ITV either. This tournament only really made sense for ITV when English teams were doing well and I suppose showing two foreign teams will never be the same, with two matches in the knockout stages falling to 2 million. You could tell the lack of interest in the pub, only about six people were watching it and the rest were talkiing among themselves.

By you perhaps, pubs were rammed with plenty watching the game in the town centre where I was last night.
This discussion has been closed.