My idea to cut crime

1235»

Comments

• LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, who'd have thought it would be Doom&Gloom to realise the goals needed for utopia...

Can I vote for you in the next election?
  • StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks,staceysky.
    She's been an inspiration to me all my life,and that's why total crap like that which the OP is spouting makes me very angry.
    Your welcome :)
    My mum was in a similar situation to yours. However I don't think it was as bad. My mum had two children (me and my brother) with a guy who didn't work, was drinking, he would even steal things from my mother and us children. He wasn't living with us. Anyway long story cut short, my mum managed to get away from him, found a man with money, and well, now we are better off.
    Yeah, the OP made me angry too.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    Not really. There is plenty of research to suggest that children brought up by both parents fare better socially and educationally than children raised in single parent households (including those with step parents). Whether single fathers do a better job than single mothers is up for debate. The OP may well have a point.

Yes really! I'll be sure to let my lot know that - there is still time for them to turn out bad (although in there 20's and 30's now I feel it is not likely). I'm sure they would have done even better than they have if I'd stayed with their beer-drinking, wife beating father.

I refer you to the post below.
    'Children brought up by lone parents are more likely to start offending than those who live with two natural parents. It is also more likely that children of single parents may live in poverty, which is strongly associated with juvenile delinquency.[2] However once the attachment a child feels towards their parent(s) and the level of parental supervision are taken into account, children in single parent families are no more likely to offend than others.[20] Conflict between a child's parents is also much more closely linked to offending than being raised by a lone parent.[4]'

Not so clear cut, is it?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    cultureman wrote: »
    Oh dear OP, you're asking the strident feminists on here to publicly recognise what they privately realise. This they will, for ideological reasons, never do, and you have committed in consequence a thought crime.

Women can either be better at doing any given task than men or equal to them; but never, I repeat never, inferior.

The usual punishment is castration.

And with that post, this thread takes wing.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Let me see about this my father was a violent alcoholic who spent most of his life in prison for GBH-mugging and other violent crimes when I was in my teens he even tried to get me to get involved and didn't like it when I told him I wouldn't brake the law or hurt anybody (liked it even less when I witnessed one of his muggings are told the police)

My Mum on the other hand is law abiding and has never once been in trouble and told me never to do anything what would get me into trouble.

Had they split when I was a kid which one would raise to me to be a good person.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I get your point there James there would be problems like that initially with my plan but once it got put into motion then fewer people would grow up to become criminals like your dad, it takes time to create a "utopia".
  • gkecgkec Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I get your point there James there would be problems like that initially with my plan but once it got put into motion then fewer people would grow up to become criminals like your dad, it takes time to create a "utopia".

There never will be a Utopia. Why? Because you can never please everybody all of the time. There will always be people who disagree because people are different. There is no definite black and white, i.e. right and wrong, just shades of grey.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Seems, to me, like this thread is really just an exercise in seeing just how ludicrous a proposition the good folks of DS will take seriously.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    How much crime is committed by the offspring of single mothers, a huge amount, probably even the majority.

And how many of these people would have grown up to become criminals if they'd been raised by their father instead of their mother?

A lot fewer I think, because fathers are much more likely to give the children the discipline they need so they don't go off the rails.

So simply my idea to cut crime (and prevent thousands of ruined lives) is to re-balance the courts so that in custody cases the father is favoured rather than the mother, this would lead to a massive cut in crime and a lot fewer people in prison.

Obviously this would lead to a massive outcry from mother's groups and would be very difficult to achieve but just by balancing the courts so that the mother is no longer automatically favoured would still lead to a smaller but still considerable cut in crime.

What do you think? I can't see how this wouldn't lead to a better society with less crime, fewer people in prison and hundreds of millions of pounds will be saved.

You know, you are right.

This man grew up without the influence of a father, and turned into a right wrong 'un.