Options

Blackpool Week, Main Show (16 Nov, 6:30 - 8pm) Discussion Thread

1626364656668»

Comments

• Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am always amused by the way the television people try to imply that the Tower Ballroom is the "home of ballroom dancing" when everybody knows that the Blackpool Dance Festival and British Championships are held in the Empress Ballroom in the Winter Gardens. This is what it says in Wikipedia:

"The 8-day Blackpool Dance Festival is the world's first and most famous annual ballroom dance competition of international significance, held in the Empress Ballroom at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool, England since 1920. It is also the largest ballroom competition: in 2003, 1539 couples from 54 countries took part in the festival."

Local competitions are sometimes held in the Tower - I have been in a few myself.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    I am always amused by the way the television people try to imply that the Tower Ballroom is the "home of ballroom dancing" when everybody knows that the Blackpool Dance Festival and British Championships are held in the Empress Ballroom in the Winter Gardens. This is what it says in Wikipedia:

"The 8-day Blackpool Dance Festival is the world's first and most famous annual ballroom dance competition of international significance, held in the Empress Ballroom at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool, England since 1920. It is also the largest ballroom competition: in 2003, 1539 couples from 54 countries took part in the festival."

Local competitions are sometimes held in the Tower - I have been in a few myself.

As an average viewer it is for me.