Options

Win 10 up and running? Talk about your post-install experiences with it.

1313233343537»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    3. That printer works fine with windows 10 and hp offer 32/64 bit drivers for it;
    http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=306512
    They do get installed during the W10 upgrade.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. For the vast majority it will be a straight forward upgrade to Windows 10. The time taken varies depending on the machine that you have. A small minority do encounter problems, so it is not without risks.

3. You will have the option to roll back the install to the previous operating system as part of the upgrade. It never does any harm to put your own system restore point in though.
  • Options
    Millie1366Millie1366 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Thank you both. :)

1. Printer OK - Tick
    2. I have a Toshiba Satellite hopefully OK - not that old.

Do you like Win 10 better out of curiosity?
  • Options
    oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Millie1366 wrote: »
    I have posted before totally naive about all this - and - you have all helped me so much before and I am grateful.

Putting off upgrading to Win 10. (Running Win 8.1) so questions that come to mind are -

1. Will it be easy - or will I be bothering you all as I have issues?

2. Do you do a system restore point first in case the installation goes wrong?

3. Will my old HP Laserjet 1015 get upset by this. She works quite happy with Win 8.1 - will there be error messages? In other words go and buy a new printer even though you don't need one!

Thank you (sorry now have to go and ask questions about my Humax):cry:

The best protection is to make a full image backup of your pc before you upgrade.You will need an external usb drive.

http://www.howtogeek.com/223139/how-to-create-an-image-of-your-pc-before-upgrading-to-windows-10/
  • Options
    oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big 500 MB update on its way today.

Now is a good time to enable updates over lan if updating more than one pc!