Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you try to prove my argument (that people don't go to the pub every day these days) wrong by discussing what you used to do when working as a builder "years ago" and how this has now changed. Really, you're agreeing with me :confused:

:rolleyes:

Yes, I couldn't understand where Prince Monalulu was coming from either. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOR - Ryan's hair. I know it has been mentioned before but those side bits just look like what it is - a very bad wig. It is soooooo ridiculous. Lego Boy.
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a wig is it? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, where did this place at Glasgow Uni suddenly appear from? He should have been taking about his offers for at least 6 months now. How come he went off on his own without hardly any possessions? When my two went to uni they took a car full of stuff. At the very least he would need bedding, no halls provide that!!! Did he take his laptop? PS3? TV? All must haves for any student room. Didn't most Universities have their first week about 3 weeks ago?

Still, I'm not complaining really, gets another youngster out of the street.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Sally must have more friends her own age that she could have got to the theatre with? Since when were they best buddies? Would have been more realistic if she took Gail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "First time I've let me hair down since Jack was born" says Molly. He's only 4 weeks old!!!!!

Most new mums have to wait a lot longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby crying noises but baby was actually asleep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Surely Sally must have more friends her own age that she could have got to the theatre with? Since when were they best buddies? Would have been more realistic if she took Gail.

Would you want to spend the evening with Gail! Joking apart, I'm 50 now and I have a friend who is 35. We've been to theatre and restaurants together. We met at work and we really hit it off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Would you want to spend the evening with Gail! Joking apart, I'm 50 now and I have a friend who is 35. We've been to theatre and restaurants together. We met at work and we really hit it off.

I really meant that Sallywould have longer more established friends that she would share a special night out with.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But then we didn't see Sean or Julie in the cafe. So why bother to say that was where they were going. Would make much more sense to go home. I know why the producers do it but this is a SOR thread.

Were they not in the Cafe together doing that word search thing? Maybe it was the pub? :confused:
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, universities do provide bedding, but it's an extra and you must pay for it.

I work at a uni.

Hang on, where did this place at Glasgow Uni suddenly appear from? He should have been taking about his offers for at least 6 months now. How come he went off on his own without hardly any possessions? When my two went to uni they took a car full of stuff. At the very least he would need bedding, no halls provide that!!! Did he take his laptop? PS3? TV? All must haves for any student room. Didn't most Universities have their first week about 3 weeks ago?

• Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I really meant that Sallywould have longer more established friends that she would share a special night out with.

What was the character she went to stay with when Sally Whittaker had cancer? Aunt Phillys? Or maybe Rita?

I doubt that Sally'd take Gail; she's more suited to Chicago and the merry murderesses of the Cook County Jail! :p
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member

I said something similar a few pages ago. It's a very bizzare storyline.

PS. I can't WAIT until the live episode just for this thread! :D It's gonna be a right laugh.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, where did this place at Glasgow Uni suddenly appear from?

Didn't most Universities have their first week about 3 weeks ago?

Maybe he applied for the place in Clearing (last minute).

My local university had first year induction this week.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I missed something, but what was the deal with Kirk and Chesney acquiring the condoms??? :confused:

Why couldn't they just have gone to a pharmacy in town where you just pick them up and pay for them? Total farcical scenes tonight with Fiz knocking the bag out of his hand...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I missed something, but what was the deal with Kirk and Chesney acquiring the condoms??? :confused:

Why couldn't they just have gone to a pharmacy in town where you just pick them up and pay for them? Total farcical scenes tonight with Fiz knocking the bag out of his hand...:rolleyes:

Chesney was too embarrassed to go into chemist to ask for them. He asked Kirk to buy them for him.

Kirk said he would help him, but suggested to Chesney they go to the pub, where he could buy them from a machine in the loo.

What was a SOR was Betty asking Kirk how old Chesney was. Surely everybody in the Street knows everything about everybody ! Anyway was he not buying Chesney orange juice, which I believe you can have from 14 +
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Plus he'd have needed an extra suitcase for the 'cash' she gave him to tied him over til the student loan came through - presumably he's only applied for it today which makes it likely to arrive sometime around Christmas - if he's lucky.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was a SOR was Betty asking Kirk how old Chesney was. Surely everybody in the Street knows everything about everybody ! Anyway was he not buying Chesney orange juice, which I believe you can have from 14 +

I thought that was strange aswell Betty asking how old Chesney was as Kirk said something like "an orange juice and a pint of lager please", common sense would have told you the orange juice was for Chesney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chesney was too embarrassed to go into chemist to ask for them. He asked Kirk to buy them for him.

Kirk said he would help him, but suggested to Chesney they go to the pub, where he could buy them from a machine in the loo.

Thanks for your reply, but I knew all this, what I have a problem with is that in most pharmacies nowadays you don't even have to ask for them, you just pick them up and take them to the counter and pay for them!

This storyline might have worked 20 years ago, but was just stupid today!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply, but I knew all this, what I have a problem with is that in most pharmacies nowadays you don't even have to ask for them, you just pick them up and take them to the counter and pay for them!

Maybe, he didn't want to walk to the counter and pay for them.
    ("Shirley, 'ow much are these condoms" !!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, don't you think it would be slightly less embarrassing than askin a 90 year old Betty for his money back from the condom machine in the gents? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

then he should have gone to Freshco and used the self-service checkout, (like we all do for those embarassing items :D); actually, i was waiting for him to come out of the gents with a toothbrush or something else from a multi-product machines like you get on the motorways

And while I'm posting - "Underworld unisex underwear". How long has that been on the sign, or have I been asleep?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, don't you think it would be slightly less embarrassing than askin a 90 year old Betty for his money back from the condom machine in the gents? :rolleyes:

LOL and her asking him to speak up ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL and her asking him to speak up ! :D

Exactly! After all that palaver, and everyone else in the pub listening in to what he was saying he could have been and back twice from the chemists! :D
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ridiculous, wasn't it? He could have gone to another pub, Freshco's, another corner shop (assuming Dev doesn't own every one in Manchester). Then when Kirk buys some he buys 20 packs - that would cost a fortune, one or two would have done until Ches was able to buy his own. Then Fiz ripping the bag out of his hand - as if anyone is that rude to do that. And then just step over the boxes without her or Graham helping him.

Ryan (who chose the worst possible outfit going for his last scenes), manages to ring, accept and move to Uni all in about 45 minutes. He doesn't pack a thing, doesn't say bye to anyone (Carla, Maria, baby Liam, even Sophie and Sian), doesn't even put a coat on or get a goodbye kiss off ma (who seems to have entirely forgotten her 'other' son). I had a carful when I went to Uni (though my halls did end up with seven toasters ;) )

Leanne saying to Peter 'what was it we were going to call the bar?' - as if she'd forget - they had signs made and the press at their pre-launch party! It would have been in her head for months.

I also don't get why storylines are picked up and dropped -

Ted - comes back, lends Joe money, disappears never to be seen or mentioned again.
    Baby Sean - after legging it from Coronation St, suddenly Violet is happy for Sean to be a part of his Son's life, after he used deception to make contact. She calls him to last minute babysit...but the SL isn't mentioned again for weeks.
    Aunty Pam - must be on holiday with Ted.
This discussion has been closed.