christmas eve, how will you spend it?

Comments

• d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have done all the cleaning this morning, just having a break before I start cooking as we always have a huge buffet to die for on Christmas Eve.
  • MystygirlMystygirl Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Been to Tesco's this morning to get the last bits. Got the OH and kids to come with me to help carry stuff home.I hate having to get a taxi back as it's only a 10 minute walk away. House work has now been done.
    Chilling at the moment.
    Then it's off to Mass at 9pm we go. Back home about 10. Marshmallows and hot chocolate for the kids, leave out Santa's milk (he's not allowed alcohol :rolleyes:) and Rudolph's carrot.
    Kids off to bed then me and OH will have some Bailey's.
  • 80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    ironing.

Then the children get their xmas eve hamper and I spend the rest of the evening eating posh chocs and drinking wine
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Going to Sainsbury's to see if they have any reduced fruit, finishing off my Jurassic Christmas decorations, finishing off my furry draught excluder, going to see some friends and doing the questions for my crimbo day quiz. Wild. We always used to go to the seaside. :(

Haven't bothered with decorations this year.
  • Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already tracked santa! Am now watching Christmas films and then I'll get ready to go out to the pub with friends for a few xmas drinkies. :) Perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    off work..Went to town, got last minute things..Got some horror films for tonight, ( and over xmas till Tuesday:D)..cooking my lovely lasagne tonight, and watching the soaps, then a film, then maybe come back to the pc..:)

Merry Christmas!! :p ho ho ho :D
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Was up at the crack of dawn cleaning, Then at Brent Cross at 7am finishing my food shopping. This evening I will do some food preparation and then I will wrap the last few presents.
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a big fry up for brekkie then a walk in the snow to help digest it :). Now watching xmas tv and drinking the first of many ciders. Tonight will read 'twas the night before christmas' with the kids as usual before tucking them up and settling down to a glass or two of Baileys while watching Love Actually.
  • mitchec1mitchec1 Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished nights at 5:30am had about 4hrs kip and then picked the turkey up.

Just waiting for a pizza to be delivered before I'm back in work at 6pm tonight
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have so far worked from 5am-2:30pm, then cleaned my bedroom and am shortly going to sit down and watch the first two Home Alone movies back to back. I will then be ready for Christmas.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Out to a romantic restaurant tonight. It's my wedding anniversary.
  • Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Out to a romantic restaurant tonight. It's my wedding anniversary.

Happy Anniversary :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    We have a visitor now and we might pop down to Lidl after for a spot of food, assuming it's not too crazy. Rest of the evening will hopefully be like any other evening.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Just seen my girlfriend- will see her later and tomorrow too.
    Then wine.
    Then we always go to a little family party and then back to bed!
    I can't wait!
  • NestNest Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have been cleaning and cooking, but now my Kids and partners have arrived we're gonna eat, drink and play Cranium! I'm excited! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    So come midnight, anyone else gonna open a pressie..I have one off my auntie, so it will be opened later :p
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been cleaning all day so am knackered

We are currently sitting down as a family watching Cars I am on the laptop lol.

Hubby is cooking the gravy (doing Jamie's ultimate gravy thing) and I am enjoying a glass of Rose.

We are trying to calm the 3 year old down, he is mega hyper having eaten about 10 chocolate bars today
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    So come midnight, anyone else gonna open a pressie..I have one off my auntie, so it will be opened later :p

We all exchange 1 small pressie after dinner, tradition in our house :D
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    walked the dog a couple of times. Nipped upstairs to see the neighbours and take their presents round. now i'm on the sofa in my pj's with the dog and cat snoring away next to me and I'm watching Up in the Air with George Clooney. Probably have an early night. I have way too much food in the fridge but I'm not at all hungry.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House is cleaned, ironing was done yesterday, family fed, showered and now in my new jim jams ready to rock and roll tomorrow.

Although I will be mostly in the kitchen cooking.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went shopping at 7am with mum :eek: ,started worked at 8am ...but only stayed till 9.30!:o .Went to town to buy my dad christmas presents ! ( better late than never ) ,came home wrapped them up ,had my first snowball of the year yummmy and now im waiting to be picked for the big christmas eve night out ! Hopeful wont be too hanging tomorrow that i dont enjoy my mums immense christmas dinner ! :p
  • SalbatesSalbates Posts: 2,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at work today but finished an hour and a half early under boss' instructions. I"m now home, watching rubbish tv, drinking Tia Maria and relaxing :D
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly, laptop/netbook, sleep, food, just ordered a mammoth amount of sushi in.. got wine and chocolate to break into...

Alone this year - something tells me I'm going be thinking "Late night service? Stuff that!"
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

I always let the kids open 1 prezzie each on xmas eve. Daughter has suggested it be at 7pm, little minx :D