Options

Under 30`s relationship status poll

Comments

• Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Widowed is only there so we can enjoy the schadenfreude of other people's misery I think.

Since divorced isn't there I am with a bf/gf but I quite like being single if I was to choose.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Well that would mean some of us like me or the OP probably wont get a partner therefore. If that is the case then so be it, I attempted suicide over it back in april, but I have had some CBT recently to try and combat it. Building my own life, independantly if I have to. :)
    No-one can foretell the future, yes, there will be a small number of people who will end up being single for life - that's realism, the main thing is to enjoy it whilst you are still living and to not rely on someone else to bring you happiness. People I know who actively look for someone who will purely take them away from their sad, miserable life and make their life better end up disappointed, bitter and alone. Boring, tired cliche as it is, but you have to be happy with yourself first, independent and content before you can make someone else happy.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edinburgh University made the statement that there are more single men than women from Office of National Statistics figures in 2004:

If I can just go back to this report, remember divorced women and widows count as single too. :p

There are more women than men from 35 onwards. So I'm not sure how more men can be single and more women can be married. Surely married should theoretically be the same for both sexes :confused:
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    If I can just go back to this report, remember divorced women and widows count as single too. :p

There are more women than men from 35 onwards. So I'm not sure how more men can be single and more women can be married. Surely married should theoretically be the same for both sexes :confused:
    You'd think so, wouldn't you? But alas, the figures are from the ONS, both the Edinburgh University and ONS figures bare out. There must be something, I can't explain it myself, maybe the ONS might.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one can foretell the future, yes, there will be a small number of people who will end up being single for life - that's realism, the main thing is to enjoy it whilst you are still living and to not rely on someone else to bring you happiness. People I know who actively look for someone who will purely take them away from their sad, miserable life and make their life better end up disappointed, bitter and alone. Boring, tired cliche as it is, but you have to be happy with yourself first, independent and content before you can make someone else happy.
    I agreed with you apart from the part where you suggest relationships are about making someone else happy :-P
    jk but it's perfectly possible to be a mierable bastard and get a gf. The mistake is thinking that you would be a different person single vs taken.
    The insecurities you have as a single person can be doubled with another person, not halved.
  • Options
    megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am single and have never had a girlfriend. it hurts like hell and i often feel very lonely and at times even bitter because girls don't like me. i'm 25 and feel like a loser!. i am not after sex. its the holding hands. cosie nights in. going out for meals and just being able to really love somebody and to feel loved back is what i want:(

i feel your pain Robert:(
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    28. Been married for 6 months:)
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Rather tragic that someone has been windowed and they are less than 30.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Widowed - 4 - 2.00%

So sad :(
  • Options
    5340robert5340robert Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be just nice to have a wife/gf to talk about at work.
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5340robert wrote: »

Why? I wouldn't want my bf talking about me at work. Sounds a bit too personal to me.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    single, I don't think Ill ever get a girlfriend but if it is really is supposed to happen, it will happen one day, don't know how/where
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? I wouldn't want my bf talking about me at work. Sounds a bit too personal to me.

Everyone else does as in what they do for a job etc.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not the best reason for marriage I ever heard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    It's not the best reason for marriage I ever heard.

What to love and adore someone ???
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    What to love and adore someone ???

That's not wait you said, though.
    Maybe the saying is true "No-one will love you until you love yourself."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone else does as in what they do for a job etc.

There are other topics you can discuss. Use your brain and start conversations.

You could tell them about your forum life. I bet they'd be really interested in your time on here. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    single. these days there are far too many single people (check the polls!) - too much crap, game playing, cheating, not enough effort, cant stay still, being judgemental and superficial etc....
    divorce rates are high and marriages are almost non existant

it is a shame. especially for those who genuinely want to find a person to be with
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    CHAVTEEF wrote: »
    Taken.

But available.

;)

A bit like the film, 'Taken'?
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a long-term girlfriend with no intention of marriage. Have no idea why people would want to endure that dated 'institution'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are other topics you can discuss. Use your brain and start conversations.

You could tell them about your forum life. I bet they'd be really interested in your time on here. ;)

Nobody`s intersted in anything else tho.
    single. these days there are far too many single people (check the polls!) - too much crap, game playing, cheating, not enough effort, cant stay still, being judgemental and superficial etc....
    divorce rates are high and marriages are almost non existant

it is a shame. especially for those who genuinely want to find a person to be with

So sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can't talk about their partners all day every day at work! You'd run out of things to say!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine that's all that people at work talk about.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This month I'll have been with my bf for 5 months. I was with my last partner for 3 1/2 years until he cheated with his ex and flew him over from Canada to stay with him... Didn't think I'd meet anyone after that... Ironically I met my bf on Twitter. lol
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    27 and married, got married at 25.