Ruper Everett just said F*ck

2»

Comments

• Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Janet's reaction. She only raised her hand to her mouth because she felt obliged to do so. Truth be told she couldn't have cared less. :D

Love Janet! She really couldn't give a... er, f-monkies could she! It was said so fast, it was nothing really and besides I was more interested in the story.

For anyone who didn't catch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fly0hnYTHNo
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Didn't Joan Rivers swear on this show last year :D

I don't know about anything that recent but she did back in 2008.
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    Live TV means live TV as far as I understand it. They always take a risk.

I remember at the Live Earth concert in 2007 there was plenty of swearing on stage which was broadcast in the afternoon by the BBC.

I always thought Question Time was live but apparently it's recorded earlier in the evening, probably in case people say things that are libelous.

It's to allow participants to get home at a reasonable hour and make it more appealing to potential guests. Recording also allows editing of course, as you say, though I don't think that happens often. I believe they start filming at about half 8.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It surprises me that somewhere like DS thinks someone saying a conversational "fcuk" in a tv interview is worth commenting on. If we were on the (now defunct) SAGA forum or anywhere else where middle-aged / elderly middle Englanders gather then yes, okay, shock horror what is the world... and all that... but do DS participants really think the f-word is news...?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    It surprises me that somewhere like DS thinks someone saying a conversational "fcuk" in a tv interview is worth commenting on. If we were on the (now defunct) SAGA forum or anywhere else where middle-aged / elderly middle Englanders gather then yes, okay, shock horror what is the world... and all that... but do DS participants really think the f-word is news...?

Why pick out the older generation? I've known many OAP's who swear like troopers.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My intended emphasis was on the "middle Englanders"... and I'm not sure there's a younger version of that stereotype.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another reminder of that wonderful documentary on Dave Allen earlier n the week. The first stand up to say f@ck on mainstream prime tv.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone who uses all words available is more articulate and able to express oneself than one who chooses not to discriminates against certain words.

Possibly but I really don't think the story he was telling merited the swearing. I wouldn't put it past him having planned it - he needs to get his name in the papers somehow. His career is hardly what it used to be. He quite clearly thinks he deserves better, but why?? He's very limited!
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Everett as an actor,and have
    seen some really good interviews
    with him.However,he has also used
    language deemed inapropriate and
    'wrong' (for the circumstances) too
    many times now.Sad.Like a desperate
    'look at me' gesture in a way!
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rupert Everett is a veteran at this sort of thing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HmLmggq5CI

Made even more special as it was said in front of the divine Susanna Reid