The situation between Mel B and her family

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As most people are probably aware Mel B was taken ill and hospitalised, meaning that she had to miss the X Factor final last night. The official line given is that she has a stomach ulcer, however Mel's sister Danielle has now taken to Twitter to attack Mel's husband and accuse of him withholding information from them, she's also made thinly veiled accusations that he may have harmed her in some way.

I know there was a falling out between Mel her mum and sister some years ago, which is a shock as she always seemed close to her family back in her Spice Girls days. Her husband seems like a bit of a knob, sounds like he's isolated her from family doesn't it.

Not a nice situation, hope it's resolved. Must be awful for her mum.

Comments

• sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he came across well on their reality show now I,m not sure he was violent in the past I think the more danielle speaks to the media the more it,ll push her away.
    Saddest thing is her mum not seeing her grandkids her mum always seemed nice.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 5,958
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    I thought he came across well on their reality show now I,m not sure he was violent in the past I think the more danielle speaks to the media the more it,ll push her away.

The mail (sorry don't know how to add links :blush:) are reporting she'll be back for the final.

Call my a cynic but publicity has always been a huge a driving force for the x factor ;-)
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    EvieJ wrote: »
    The mail (sorry don't know how to add links :blush:) are reporting she'll be back for the final.

Call my a cynic but publicity has always been a huge a driving force for the x factor ;-)

to be honest she doesn't look 100% on tonights show.
    Forum Member
    Glad shes feeling well enough :)

Do we know if her family have commented?
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest either:

1. Another one of Cowell's endless (and thoroughly counter-productive) publicity stunts.

2. Too much Coke.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her mum was very vocal slagging off her first husband and accused him of being gay. Now she doesn't have anything to so with the second one so maybe Mel had enough of her family treating her like a child
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Her mum was very vocal slagging off her first husband and accused him of being gay.

To be fair, she was bang on the money with that one. Let that be a warning to you - do not marry a man who insists on wearing a gold suit and a white Stetson.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »

He was up on charges of beating up an ex before he got with Mel B so he was violent in the past

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/mel-b-hubby-is-wife-beater-497457
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness knows what's going on. IF he is mistreating her, then she's a fool for staying with him.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Tbh, I really can't see Mel putting up with a man who mistreated her.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle has tweeted before about being concerned for Mel's kids. Along the lines of "are the kids okay?" It reeks of desperation to get in the papers. Mind you she was represented by CAN at the time.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's something to do with her husband as she wasn't wearing her wedding ring on X Factor, plus with her sister's concern. I'm not saying it's domestic abuse but it's certainly not a stomach ulcer or eye surgery gone wrong as the media have been saying.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Whatever is or has going on with Mel, her family shouldn't tweet about it or leak anything to the public. It's Mel's life and her issue to address with the public if she wants to.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Goodness knows what's going on. IF he is mistreating her, then she's a fool for staying with him.

Check out the #whyIstayed for all the millions of reasons people stay.

That said some of the bruises/scratches could be from IV lines or taking blood samples and banging her face if she fainted or something is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Something is going on - whether it's a family feud, getting caught up in a crisis and forgetting to let people know, something more sinister only they know. Probably happening in 100s of families without access to twitter.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Check out the #whyIstayed for all the millions of reasons people stay.

That said some of the bruises/scratches could be from IV lines or taking blood samples and banging her face if she fainted or something is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Something is going on - whether it's a family feud, getting caught up in a crisis and forgetting to let people know, something more sinister only they know. Probably happening in 100s of families without access to twitter.

Well I fainted in the loo and fell on hard tiles, ended up with bruises on the side of my face, then I was collected by ambulance and had IVs put in, I was in shock so they could not find my veins and I can only say, by the end of it all, I looked like I had been beaten up and possibly a drug addict!!!!! So looks can be deceptive, especially if you had an emergency situation. Who knows what happened to Mel B. It seems she is happy to discuss all aspects of her private sex life but not discuss her health problem! I
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Whatever is or has going on with Mel, her family shouldn't tweet about it or leak anything to the public. It's Mel's life and her issue to address with the public if she wants to.

Well it is one way of forcing the issue regarding contact within the family. No doubt Mel does not like to see her family making statements to the media about their fights. Sadly, often fall outs within families can be very spiteful and nasty. Just ask Coleen Nolan!!
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Well it is one way of forcing the issue regarding contact within the family. No doubt Mel does not like to see her family making statements to the media about their fights. Sadly, often fall outs within families can be very spiteful and nasty. Just ask Coleen Nolan!!

Yeah. It just seems spiteful and nasty. Of eg she is a victim of DV, her family tweeting about it and the whole nation speculating it is not going to help her. It will force her into an uncomfortable, maybe unsafe corner she shouldn't be forced into.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, very passive aggressive. After I stopped contact with my mother I'd get letters & answer phone messages trying to force contact - along the lines of 'if you don't get in touch, I'll take that to mean you want me to call you' But at least that was private, not playing out a private matter on public social media and the press.

I don't much like Mel B but I do hope she and the children are safe & well. And if this is typical behaviour from her 'family' then I am not surprised she wants nothing to do with them - especially if they are questioning her parenting publicly with 'are the kids ok' type tweets. They seem very manipulative, controlling and opinionated. Which is a real shame IF there is something untoward in the marriage as she'll have no family support.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like she's stuck between a rock and a hard place with her so called 'controlling' husband and publicity hungry family.

I just hope her and her children can remain safe and well and whatever's happened is resolved and she/they get the best care possible.
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think she would stay with the husband if he was hurting her, she doesn't seem like the type. if she has a health problem then that is her own private business and people should stop pushing to find out about it...
    Forum Member
    Have her family been making comments since she was on the final? I thought her sis had taken to twitter as a last resort when no-one would tell her if Mel was ok.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think some people on here understand the concept of emotional or domestic violence. It doesn't matter now confident or bolshy you are, anyone can fall victim to it. Saying that Mel "doesn't seem the type" to put up with it is offensive.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I don't think some people on here understand the concept of emotional or domestic violence. It doesn't matter now confident or bolshy you are, anyone can fall victim to it. Saying that Mel "doesn't seem the type" to put up with it is offensive.

I totally agree anyone can be the victim of DV, how bolshy you are is irrelevant, however, I don't think people are being intentionally offensive, more a lack of understanding.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I totally agree anyone can be the victim of DV, how bolshy you are is irrelevant, however, I don't think people are being intentionally offensive, more a lack of understanding.

Genuinely.... I find commenting with a "lack of understanding" to be "offensive"...

To all those slating her mother and sister.... what should they be doing in that situation??

NO-ONE here can compare with the situation that HER mother and sister are in, unless of course you are the mother/sister of someone very high up in the public eye... and your offspring/sibling is allegedly being beaten on by their spouse...

I applaud them for going to extreme lengths to reached their loved one... reminds me a bit of Lee Chapman/Lesley Ash

I feel for Mel B's family, who appear to be between the devil and the deep blue sea :(