Options

Under the Dome - Series 2

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I'm obviously talking out of my neck about the pace of this thread :)

I watched the last half dozen episodes over the last few days as the whole plot device about Barbie getting out of the dome caught my interest and I just wanted to see it play out.

It was a bit of a silly ending, i must admit, but then I guess they deliberately went that way in case it was cancelled, so they could at least leave you with the idea that they all got out.

I imagine if it comes back for a third season, "home", as Melanie referred to, will likely be back in Chester's Mill.

I really hope Jim is killed off though. Dean Norris' portrayal of him is one step away from a moustache-twirling pantomime villain and it's really quite poor.

But then I guess the word "quality" isn't a word ever used in reference to any aspect of this show :)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine if it comes back for a third season, "home", as Melanie referred to, will likely be back in Chester's Mill

I reckon you might be right now it's officially been renewed :)

Although I suppose to keep it going, they could potentially have them go back to some kind of alternate Chester's Mill ?
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that we are going to get a 3rd season. Should be fun, both watching it and on here. :p
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 has announced it will be fast-tracking the show's upcoming third season.

The US premiere date is June 25. The UK will follow a few days later on June 29 at 10pm.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    The premiere will be 2 hours long and apparantly will explain in the first episode what the dome is, how it got there and why it is there.
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    The premiere will be 2 hours long and apparantly will explain in the first episode what the dome is, how it got there and why it is there.

Will it explain why all the characters are so monumentally stupid?
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Everything you watch on TV is fake. Nothing is real.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Is there a UK premiere date yet? I'm currently just over halfway through the book (it's a monster, isn't it?!) and want to finish it before Season 3 lands.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I find that incredibly hard to believe.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just started watching season two of UTD which is now on Amazon Prime. It is very odd but intriguing. Nice seeing Mike Vogel .