Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    fake gavin crashed the van david and nick were leaning on in the previous scene

The Bistro Mobile was parked there when FakeGav was being ignored by Michael, but then David and Nick leaned against Nick's Audi a short time later. Oddly enough it was parked in exactly the same position. I noticed this because...
    Why does a bistro have its own van anyway? (which we've never seen before and is just introduced for a contrived plot device)
    Abriel wrote: »
    we have seen the van before I;m sure, It may not have been the same one but wasn't it Nick's van David crashed giving Nick brain damage?

... when the van appeared, I said to my Other Half "We've not seen a Bistro van since David wrote off the original one in the crash that caused Nick's brain damage. This is a new one, so what's the betting that before the end of the episode, FakeGav will have crashed it". She looked at me and said "I was thinking the same thing!"

:D
  • Options
    redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    How far away does Jackson's family live? They were talking as if Mrs What's-her-face was about to drive off to Outer Mongolia.

I said this very thing to my OH tonight.....

Probably not that far since the boy and Faye are at the same school. I don't why it has to be forever......biazarre.
  • Options
    AlmightyDinoAlmightyDino Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »
    How far away does Jackson's family live? They were talking as if Mrs What's-her-face was about to drive off to Outer Mongolia.

The other night it was said they lived only 10 minutes away.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    The other night it was said they lived only 10 minutes away.

I thought that when fishwife said "text me when you get home safely"
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Cafe owner Roy arranges a driving lesson smack in the middle of lunch hour. :confused:

When Roy got out of the car a taxi beeped him from behind. What with the new wider street which nobody ever parks on unless a plot requires it, surely the taxi could have just drove around Roy.

Speaking of which, is Marys van still impounded?
    Gonna cost her a fortune to get it released :)
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    When Roy got out of the car a taxi beeped him from behind. What with the new wider street which nobody ever parks on unless a plot requires it, surely the taxi could have just drove around Roy.

So where does Mary live?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where does Mary live?

At Dev's ??
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,395
    Forum Member
    At Dev's ??

Dev has one bedroom....the twins must have separate bedrooms...and Mary has the other one...so thats 4 bedrooms??

And does Julie live there as well???
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Dev has one bedroom....the twins must have separate bedrooms...and Mary has the other one...so thats 4 bedrooms??

And does Julie live there as well???

Yes & the new bird he's brought back from India, goodness knows where they all sleep in a 2 up 2 down it doesn't even have a separate front room like the rest if the houses.

And where does everyone sleep in Both & Kirk's house? There was nothing on tele tonight so I was being sad & watching old clips on YouTube. Seeing the Battersby's in that house reminded me it must be only a 2 bedroom cos Toyah & Leanne shared a room. But now Kirk, Beth, Chesney, Sinead & Craig all live there. Beth told the school the other week Craig has a room of his own so the others all share one bedroom??......

Same again with Eileen's house - when the McDonald's moved in & later the Grimshaw's there were similar scenes with the boys moaning about having to share a room. But Eileen, Jason, Todd, Sean & whoever each of them is dating live there. Sean has the front room so do Jason & Todd still share?!?!

Ken's house - there is now Brian staying there, Tracy said a couple of weeks ago she has the boxroom so either she shares that with Amy (a tight squeeze & downright weird if they shared when she was with Rob) or even weirder - Brian is sharing a bedroom with either Ken, Tracy or Amy.

Kevin's house - another house that is definitely 2 bed as Rosie & Sophie shared a room. But recently we had Kevin, Jenny, Jack, Sophie & Maddie living there. So either Sophie, Maddie & Jack share a boxroom or Soph & Maddie were in the front room & people in the back sitting room would be able to spy on them through the hatch!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    redstar81 wrote: »
    I said this very thing to my OH tonight.....

Probably not that far since the boy and Faye are at the same school. I don't why it has to be forever......biazarre.
    Faye could have tea round theirs!!

Fishwife Anna finally realises that Faye can make decisions for herself. Why wasn't she empathetic when Owen was around???

Also, how horrible was Liz to Norris? Wasn't properly informed of Erica's condition and the pub quiz must go on...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »

As a profesional driver he blew the horn to warn Roy of his prescence in case he about to step out in front of him;-)
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of Kathy and her big lonesome face....Roy could do so much better!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    emilyb wrote: »
    Yes & the new bird he's brought back from India, goodness knows where they all sleep in a 2 up 2 down it doesn't even have a separate front room like the rest if the houses.

And where does everyone sleep in Both & Kirk's house? There was nothing on tele tonight so I was being sad & watching old clips on YouTube. Seeing the Battersby's in that house reminded me it must be only a 2 bedroom cos Toyah & Leanne shared a room. But now Kirk, Beth, Chesney, Sinead & Craig all live there. Beth told the school the other week Craig has a room of his own so the others all share one bedroom??......

Same again with Eileen's house - when the McDonald's moved in & later the Grimshaw's there were similar scenes with the boys moaning about having to share a room. But Eileen, Jason, Todd, Sean & whoever each of them is dating live there. Sean has the front room so do Jason & Todd still share?!?!

Ken's house - there is now Brian staying there, Tracy said a couple of weeks ago she has the boxroom so either she shares that with Amy (a tight squeeze & downright weird if they shared when she was with Rob) or even weirder - Brian is sharing a bedroom with either Ken, Tracy or Amy.

Kevin's house - another house that is definitely 2 bed as Rosie & Sophie shared a room. But recently we had Kevin, Jenny, Jack, Sophie & Maddie living there. So either Sophie, Maddie & Jack share a boxroom or Soph & Maddie were in the front room & people in the back sitting room would be able to spy on them through the hatch!
    Doesnt Tracey sleep im the front room downstairs?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member

Doesn't help the situation much, if at all, but Ken's and Eileen's houses have the front downstairs room as bedrooms, so they at least have three bedrooms whereas all the others definitely only have two.

You forgot Kevin, Jack and sometimes Sophie in their house.

But on the other side of the street, judging from the downstairs floor area in one house (possibly three-bedroomed because there's one over the garage) is Gail (and Michael), David and Kylie and Max and Lily.

The Nazirs consisting Mum and Dad, Zeedan, Alya and previously Kal in a two-bedroomed one.

Sally and Tim share are sometimes on their own, sometimes with Sopie in a two-bedoomed house.

Don't know why they don't just paint all the houses blue and put a sign saying "Police" on them seeing as they're all obviously bigger on the inside than on the outside.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mylie will return in 2030 as a gobby teen brat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    mylie will return in 2030 as a gobby teen brat

Yes & no doubt played by a 30 year old :-)
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,474
    Forum Member
    Has everybody forgiven Carla now.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that nearly everyone was accusing her of killing Kal and she was skulking around with her head down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Doesnt Tracey sleep im the front room downstairs?

Ah yes possibly but wouldn't Amy be in the 2nd bedroom upstairs? Bit weird for her if her former headmaster is now kipping in her room. She must be sharing the front room with Tracy now I guess?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Doesn't help the situation much, if at all, but Ken's and Eileen's houses have the front downstairs room as bedrooms, so they at least have three bedrooms whereas all the others definitely only have two.

You forgot Kevin, Jack and sometimes Sophie in their house.

But on the other side of the street, judging from the downstairs floor area in one house (possibly three-bedroomed because there's one over the garage) is Gail (and Michael), David and Kylie and Max and Lily.

The Nazirs consisting Mum and Dad, Zeedan, Alya and previously Kal in a two-bedroomed one.

Sally and Tim share are sometimes on their own, sometimes with Sopie in a two-bedoomed house.

Don't know why they don't just paint all the houses blue and put a sign saying "Police" on them seeing as they're all obviously bigger on the inside than on the outside.

Ha ha they're definitely tardis's. I wonder if the writers actually think about where the characters all sleep? And why do they need to be so overcrowded when there are empty properties on the street? The flat above the corner shop, 1 of the flats above the Kabin, the flat that Janice Battersby's & later Chesney & Katie lived there - no one seems to be living in any of these. And only Nick & Carla live in Victoria Court so there are plenty of empty flats there.

I think the houses across from the terraces are all 3 bed but they're so small that 3rd bedroom must be tiny so you're right about where would the Nazirs sleep when Kal was around. But the stupidest set up in that house was when the Morton's lived there. Jerry & many many children lived there plus his ex wife. He had a big shed put in the garden for Daryl to sleep in but he'd still have to come in & que up to use their bathroom.

I was going to mention the Platts in my original post but I didn't even know where to start! Gail & Les squashed in the boxroom, Max & Lily in 1 room, Sarah & Bethany sharing David & Kylie's bed & David on the couch? Good job Kylie didn't come back a few weeks earlier where would she have slept?
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love the ds write up for tracey and amy setting up brian
    'tracy and amy snigger'
    who the hell are they writing for, the beano?
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Can anybody remind me where Nick is sleeping please? His flat went up in flames so it can't be Victoria Court. Is he with Audrey perhaps? Carla was supposed to be walking him home the other night so it must be in walking distance.:confused::confused::
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Cafe owner Roy arranges a driving lesson smack in the middle of lunch hour. :confused:

As long as he avoids the Ring Road, otherwise he'll never get back for the afternoon cake run.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,234
    Forum Member
    Ha ha they're definitely tardis's. I wonder if the writers actually think about where the characters all sleep? And why do they need to be so overcrowded when there are empty properties on the street? The flat above the corner shop, 1 of the flats above the Kabin, the flat that Janice Battersby's & later Chesney & Katie lived there - no one seems to be living in any of these. And only Nick & Carla live in Victoria Court so there are plenty of empty flats there.

I think the houses across from the terraces are all 3 bed but they're so small that 3rd bedroom must be tiny so you're right about where would the Nazirs sleep when Kal was around. But the stupidest set up in that house was when the Morton's lived there. Jerry & many many children lived there plus his ex wife. He had a big shed put in the garden for Daryl to sleep in but he'd still have to come in & que up to use their bathroom.

I was going to mention the Platts in my original post but I didn't even know where to start! Gail & Les squashed in the boxroom, Max & Lily in 1 room, Sarah & Bethany sharing David & Kylie's bed & David on the couch? Good job Kylie didn't come back a few weeks earlier where would she have slept?

Some of them could even live on other nearby roads - Tile Street maybe. It's absolutely ridiculous and a massive ongoing SOR that everyone has to live (and work) on Coronation Street. I'm waiting for Audrey to decide she's had enough of being so isolated in far off Grasmere Drive and kicking Maria out of the salon flat so she can move in herself :D

When Anna took over the stupid reading from Tim at Miley's christening her reading was worse than Tim's - word by word and really slow. It was if she found some of the words quite hard, like a seven year old :D - but all the words were pretty familiar and straightforward.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,234
    Forum Member
    I can't remember ever having heard an adult say 'I can't do this' about some situation they're facing, but in the past few weeks Leanne said it at Kal's funeral, Faye at the christening and I'm pretty sure Alya's said it this week about something or other too.
  • Options
    culabulaculabula Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I can't remember ever having heard an adult say 'I can't do this' about some situation they're facing, but in the past few weeks Leanne said it at Kal's funeral, Faye at the christening and I'm pretty sure Alya's said it this week about something or other too.

Tim must say it too because I haven't seen him clean a window in yonks.
This discussion has been closed.