Melody Pond - Mels - etc. Questions .

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ok , I need to clarify what we know/don't know .

1.melody is born then kidnapped , brainwashed by Kovorian (what's her gang called ?) .

2.Melody has regenerating abilities , we don't know how many years old she is by the time she becomes Mels .

3. anyway - she ends up in the astronaut suit (can we confirm that ?) then she regenerates in NY and then becomes Mels a young black girl , and then finds Amelia and becomes her best friend .

4. ok - does young Mels know amy and rory are her parents at this point ?

5. and she spends the next 10+ years hanging out with amelia in the hope of bumping into the doctor ... (?)

have I got that all correct so far ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup.

I think she does know who Amy and Rory are to her, hence she finds them and makes those comments when Amy finally realises who Rory likes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been asked in another thread, but I've been wondering some things, too.

Assuming the regeneration at the end of 'Day of the Moon' was her last one, she said that she became a toddler then.
    So, assuming that a toddler would be Three & taking the date of regeneration as 1970, she would be 22 when Amy was born, if she was ageing conventionally.
    Did she age rapidly, travel to Leadworth & then regress her age to appear the same age as Amy?
    If so, who brought her up there?
    Who took the place of her Parent(s) when needed?
    I realise Amy & Rory were shown as sort of fulfilling that role in the Montage sequence at the beginning, but I'm talking about more day-to-day things.
    Where did she live?
    Who brought her clothes & food?
    Who got her the place at Leadworth Primary (or whatever it's called)?
    After escaping from the Spacesuit, did Madam K's people find her again & do these things?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been asked in another thread, but I've been wondering some things, too.

Assuming the regeneration at the end of 'Day of the Moon' was her last one, she said that she became a toddler then.
    So, assuming that a toddler would be Three & taking the date of regeneration as 1970, she would be 22 when Amy was born, if she was ageing conventionally.
    Did she age rapidly, travel to Leadworth & then regress her age to appear the same age as Amy?
    If so, who brought her up there?
    Who took the place of her Parent(s) when needed?
    I realise Amy & Rory were shown as sort of fulfilling that role in the Montage sequence at the beginning, but I'm talking about more day-to-day things.
    Where did she live?
    Who brought her clothes & food?
    Who got her the place at Leadworth Primary (or whatever it's called)?
    After escaping from the Spacesuit, did Madam K's people find her again & do these things?

some good questions .

did Kavorian send her to live near amy or does she have some history notes to go on ?

also - she said she wasn't at the wedding , but what about since then ? Amy and Rory have had various periods on earth since then , has Mels not seen them at those times , when did amy tell her the doctor was real ?
  • newman2005newman2005 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I am confused, not even sure if this is the right place to post this - opinions are welcome from more Timey Wimey minded people perhaps.

i covered in spoiler alert just to be sure.

Dr is shot dead at lake

Cant be baby/little girl pond that does it surely?
    If it was her - she would have no need to turn into Mels and join Amelia and Rory; then follow doctor into corn field etc.
    Then turn into river song an kiss him with lipstick fatal?

And then converted into a goodie that saves him giving up her future regenerations etc.

Surely this means river cant kill doctor? At any point - or is that rubbish?

Am I going mental of does this sound right?

Please be gentle if I have made errors etc.

Newman
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    newman2005 wrote: »
    I am confused, not even sure if this is the right place to post this - opinions are welcome from more Timey Wimey minded people perhaps.

Dr is shot dead at lake

If it was her - she would have no need to turn into Mels and join Amelia and Rory; then follow doctor into corn field etc.

And then converted into a goodie that saves him giving up her future regenerations etc.

Newman

The Doctor was shot in 2011 - by then, Melody had regen'd into Mels so it couldn't be "the little girl" in Utah unless there was some reason to time-travel a kid and place her in that suit - which for the life of me makes no sense.

I'd say the suit contained one of the present cast - the obvious choices being River or the Doctor himself - but I wouldn't completely exclude Amy or Rory.

In fact, if it was Rory in the suit, maybe River's bullets did hit the mark - she kills a "good man" at some point and that would be an interesting twist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dr is shot dead at lake

Newman

River could still do it , it could be her in the spaceman suit , she might be doing it for some as yet unknown reason .
    Forum Member
    does this mean that it
    wasnt river
    who
    killed doc
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does this mean that it
    wasnt river
    who
    killed doc

We don't know. We haven't been told yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also they aren't spoilers.

I think it still will be River, but a grown up version. She may have saved The Doctor, but that doesn't mean she isn't completely good, or can't be re-brainwashed.

But as to the original point I think this adventures shows it can't be little Melody/River that kills The Doctor - otherwise she wouldn't be trying to do so again
    Forum Member
    good o - i think may have grasped it then

cheers one and all.

newman
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Are we expected to believe that Rory & Amy will now just accept the fact that they cannot bring up their baby like a normal family, and presumably never see her grow up?
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    Are we expected to believe that Rory & Amy will now just accept the fact that they cannot bring up their baby like a normal family, and presumably never see her grow up?

Well, she did kinda grow up alongside them so there's that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must admit this is one of the issues that wasn't really addressed - Amy would be so anxious about this , i'd expect her to be much more demanding of explanations , this is her child after all . same with Rory .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member

I have a feeling that story isn't over yet.
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Just to drop a cat amongst the pidgeons, and not sure if this has been mooted before but...

Madam K = River Song

Could Madam K be the first River?

Probably loads of reasons why she couldn't possibly be but frankly, my brain has not been working properly since LKH!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not?
    ea91 wrote: »
    Well, she did kinda grow up alongside them so there's that...
    Exactly! Closure achieved.
    I must admit this is one of the issues that wasn't really addressed - Amy would be so anxious about this , i'd expect her to be much more demanding of explanations , this is her child after all . same with Rory .
    A child she didn't know she was carrying until it was born, which was taken away soon after. It's not as though they'd had a chance to bond with the kid...
    Forum Member
    It's not as though they'd had a chance to bond with the kid...

You can always expect the paternal viewpoint from you Tony:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    You can always expect the paternal viewpoint from you Tony:D

Well, I freely admit I'm no expert on that kind of thing, having avoided kids like the plague all my life, but at any rate I don't have an issue with the Ponds' attitude. They've just been spared 18 years of hassle and expense, right?:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not?

Exactly! Closure achieved.

A child she didn't know she was carrying until it was born, which was taken away soon after. It's not as though they'd had a chance to bond with the kid...

is this from "Parenting by Vicky Pollard " ?
    Forum Member
    Well, I freely admit I'm no expert on that kind of thing, having avoided kids like the plague all my life, but at any rate I don't have an issue with the Ponds' attitude. They've just been spared 18 years of hassle and expense, right?:)

As father of four,I can only agree:o
    Forum Member
    is this from "Parenting by Vicky Pollard " ?

Well, yeah....but, no etc etc
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    Just to drop a cat amongst the pidgeons, and not sure if this has been mooted before but...

Madam K = River Song

Could Madam K be the first River?

Probably loads of reasons why she couldn't possibly be but frankly, my brain has not been working properly since LKH!

If we'd never seen the photo (or vid) of River with an eye-patch, I don't believe anyone would have ever suggested that they might be the same person. (That was never suggested here or any other forum or blog I've seen before those trailers).

As far as I can see, it's all but impossible to fit that into River's time line - not least because she dies long before she becomes that old and she apparently can't regenerate so she's going to look exactly the same from now until she saves the Doctor in the library. That's without having to worry about inventing a new back-story that requires her to be good then bad then good then bad again.
    Forum Member
    If we'd never seen the photo (or vid) of River with an eye-patch, I don't believe anyone would have ever suggested that they might be the same person. (That was never suggested here or any other forum or blog I've seen before those trailers).

As far as I can see, it's all but impossible to fit that into River's time line - not least because she dies long before she becomes that old and she apparently can't regenerate so she's going to look exactly the same from now until she saves the Doctor in the library. That's without having to worry about inventing a new back-story that requires her to be good then bad then good then bad again.

Genuinely, I'd forgotten about that:o!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I get confused when I think about her 'revealing' her identity to her parents in the Hitler ep. I guess she doesn't know/care about spoilers at this point but that means she knew she told her parents the truth before the 'Good Man' timeline.

My guess is that she foretells something that causes Rory to die (hence her prison reaction) so she stops giving too much away from that point onwards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so if we're gonna see River again then it's not continuing in reverse , 'cos we saw the beginning of River in this ep .