Red Light district in Amsterdam

Comments

• roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Mate of mine is going to Amsterdam on a stag for a guy in his work. His gf has asked him not to go.

Is this fair considering the nature of the place? Personally I feel it is dangerous to start telling a partner what to do but I can see her side of things. Althought I haven't been before. Is it that bad?
    To be fair, why dosnt his gilr friend just let him go, and if something happens, so what, its a stag do.. If he really loves her, he wont do anything to ruin his big day

And they could comprimse, let her go away and have a wild time
  • The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    Mate of mine is going to Amsterdam on a stag for a guy in his work. His gf has asked him not to go.

Is this fair considering the nature of the place? Personally I feel it is dangerous to start telling a partner what to do but I can see her side of things. Althought I haven't been before. Is it that bad?

I have been there once but only as a day trip. I wouldn't be tempted to use the services but it was an eye opener.

I hope they can find a compromise on this or I don't hold out much hope for their future.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could you nose into their personal life a bit more OP . I can't make a judgement or offer him advice based on what you have said.
  • MamboJimboMamboJimbo Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on how well he's able to cover up whatever he gets up to. Obviously.
  • c4hc4h Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't judge Amsterdam until you've been. It's honestly the most amazing place you'll ever visit. If you go, you'll be planning your next trip before you leave.
  • gogglegirlgogglegirl Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    d3nium wrote: »
    Some of the women in Amsterdam are amazing, they must make a fortune.

... and some of them aren't even women!
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    If she doesn't trust him, she should leave now:P

Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Flip it around and you'd have guys putting hoods on their women because they might cause lust and cheat...
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    Mr Doodle wrote: »
    My friend when there on his stag do and ended up eating a banana out of a ladies fanny.

Please tell me it wasn't at the Bananenbar. We went to that place once, let's just say that the majority of the 'girls' looked they'd had something of a hard life. :eek:

One tip, if you're planning on going and getting it polished then the privéhuizen are far superior to any of the red-light district's clubs and brothels. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I would recommend both Banana Bar and Casa Rosso. They are fun places to visit and neither one of them has nothing to do with prostitution.

You can read more about Amsterdam red light districts from here: http://www.wikisexguide.com/wiki/Amsterdam
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Books flight* :D
    Mr Doodle wrote: »
    My friend when there on his stag do and ended up eating a banana out of a ladies fanny.

* make that two * :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave 909 wrote: »
    Nar, the place is fine and if he loves her to the point of marrage then he's hardly going to throw it away for 15 minutes with a prostitute id he?.
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I agree, she either trusts him or they shouldn't be getting married.

The guy the OP is talking about isn't the groom, he's just one of the stag party:
    That changes things. If they're new into a relationship then I can quite understand the girlfriend's trepidation in him going to 'seedy' Amsterdam. If they've been together a while then they've got a bit of a problem with trust.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elrond wrote: »
    Unless you're very drunk or very desperate, they wouldn't tempt you anyway
    mmm Ive been told the women in those windows are amazing... so dont think for a minute some wont be tempted..:D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rappi_Man wrote: »
    I would recommend both Banana Bar and Casa Rosso. They are fun places to visit and neither one of them has nothing to do with prostitution.

You can read more about Amsterdam red light districts from here: http://www.wikisexguide.com/wiki/Amsterdam

So what were you searching for when you bumped a three and a half year old thread? ;)
    calamity wrote: »
    mmm Ive been told the women in those windows are amazing... so dont think for a minute some wont be tempted..:D

Not all of them are ..
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The red light district isn't too bad, today it is a tourist attraction with families walking around and peering at the girls in the windows., nobody goes into the prostitute shops because there will be a crowd of people standing outside laughing at them. The sex shops are no worse than Anne Summers in this country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Rappi_Man wrote: »

So they DO have something to do with prostitution?!
  • ChocolateCheeseChocolateCheese Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very nearly gave into temptation and walked into one of the 'shops' when I walked down that district by accident. This was not my sole reason for visiting Amsterdam contrary to what some though of me. ;)
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tell his girlfriend she is worrying far too much, he's probably having it off with our good old British prostitutes anyway :cool:
  • Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more of a tourist attraction than anything else.

I went, on a stag do. The only guy I saw go in was a German guy, on a stag do.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't this couple have been married about 4 years by now......... ?? Look
    at the date of the OP......... another thread bumped by a newbie. Must be
    contagious!! :confused:
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girlfriend has trust issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't this couple have been married about 4 years by now......... ??
    No, because they were merely boyfriend and girlfriend, not stag and hen. You managed to notice when the thread was started but not who the OP was talking about? :confused:
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    No, because they were merely boyfriend and girlfriend, not stag and hen. You managed to notice when the thread was started but not who the OP was talking about? :confused:
    Humble apologies......... of sorts........ :cool:
  • itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see the difference than going on any stag do, the same things happen if the gf can't trust him perhaps he should dump her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humble apologies......... of sorts........ :cool:

Gratefully received...I think!! :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't this couple have been married about 4 years by now......... ?? Look
    at the date of the OP......... another thread bumped by a newbie. Must be
    contagious!! :confused:

It's always the newbie that bumps old threads, but then I tend to think it's one particular person using multiple accounts - there was someone a while back in GD who always bumped years old threads, often with really daft, inane comments until they got banned.

Since then, all the mega-bumps have been by new accounts with less than 10 posts, so it does make me wonder.

Anyway, I don't really see what the issue is with Amsterdam and going in to the "shops", if you want to call them that :). I think it's typical of the british psyche that it's supposed to be a big deal or something 'seedy' when it comes to sex or anything like that. I went in to one when I worked out there and the world didn't come to an end or anything.

I nearly knocked myself out on the way out, but then i think i've told that story before .. heh :)