AI..Finale Results' Show..ITV2 9pm-11pm UK Pace..25 May 2012( No Spoilers Please)(

124»

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say Jessica has sour grapes, she said she was relieved because now she gets to explore her own music. Basically she was already looking past the show and onto her future.

Guess we'll see how their careers work out.
    Although Phillip has interestingly said that his winners song isn't really his sort of style either.
    Is anyone actually happy. lol
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most original and inspiring winner in the history of the show IMO. I've loved him since the word go. A true musician and a very worthy winner. :):):):)
  • gamernewbiegamernewbie Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Meh, predictable outcome.
    White guy with guitar number 5.

A summary of my 'disappointed' thoughts:
    - I think girls should just not bother trying out for AI anymore. The show is stuck in a rut.
    -And slightly suspicious that there was so many votes and yet it was the least watched series and the final had 32% lower audience than last year. Teen girls multivoting perhaps?
    -I think it says alot that Jessica said in her first interview that she's just relieved it's over. She knew she didn't stand a chance.

And moving on....:p

agree! The outcome was so obvious and boring! Of course it was going to be the white middle class good looking white boy, just like most other years! Yawn!
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, predictable outcome.
    White guy with guitar number 5.

A summary of my 'disappointed' thoughts:
    - I think girls should just not bother trying out for AI anymore. The show is stuck in a rut.
    -And slightly suspicious that there was so many votes and yet it was the least watched series and the final had 32% lower audience than last year. Teen girls multivoting perhaps?
    -I think it says alot that Jessica said in her first interview that she's just relieved it's over. She knew she didn't stand a chance.

And moving on....:p

I agree with you completely. Jessica and Joshua should have been the finalists, but it was obvious going by the last five years that Philip (or should I say Phulup like Ryan does?) was going to win.

Did anyone notice that Philip's guitar was amazingly playing all on it's own while he was still adjusting his ear pieces. Clever guitar that. :D
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sooty14 wrote: »
    Danyl did this 100 times better!
    http://youtu.be/vysX9PzSu3Y

Well he was good, and then Danni went onto rip the shreds out of him, poor thing.

Jessica was awesome, the girl is only 16, she really hasn't been given enough credit on the show. I would have liked it to be a Joshua or Jessica final.
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agree! The outcome was so obvious and boring! Of course it was going to be the white middle class good looking white boy, just like most other years! Yawn!

Ok now that is completely rubbish. There have been non-white winners of American Idol so why the negativity? The SINGER won the show and the Screeching, shouting, growling girl didn't. Hardly surprising someone who couldn't sing didn't win.
    I agree with you completely. Jessica and Joshua should have been the finalists, but it was obvious going by the last five years that Philip (or should I say Phulup like Ryan does?) was going to win.

Did anyone notice that Philip's guitar was amazingly playing all on it's own while he was still adjusting his ear pieces. Clever guitar that. :D

Um how boring and completely wrong would that have been? It was bad enough Jessica was one of the finalists but both of them would've ruined the show. Taken it away from SINGING and all about karaoke shouting which is what you find any pubs everywhere and not very good. The judges should never had put such weak "singers" on pedestals and try to destroy the show. Phillip deserved to win.
    bingoes wrote: »
    Well he was good, and then Danni went onto rip the shreds out of him, poor thing.

Jessica was awesome, the girl is only 16, she really hasn't been given enough credit on the show. I would have liked it to be a Joshua or Jessica final.

Actually excuse me but she was given too much credit on the show than she actually deserved. And playing the age card is completely pointless. They have an age range for a reason so people of those ages can compete but to keep bringing up "only 16, wow amazing" is just an insult to anyone not 16 and it defeats the point of the shows age range. Might as well just allow only 16 year olds on and then what will be said. "what you're only 16... oh wait you're all only 16... oh um....". Joshua and Jessica final would've ruined the show and actually insulted all real singers around the world.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this (I seem to have been out every Friday for ages).

I cried watching Philip at the end, what a lovely lad. I did like Philip, being cute and humble helped. :o

I'm not a fan of shouty singers but can see why people thought Jessica and Joshua should have been the final two.

Josh was my standout fav from the auditions and Jessica's I Will Always Love You was the standout performance of the entire series.

The guest girls were all rather interesting with their catsuits and strange face pulling but great show overall with Aerosmiths's Walk This Way being the highlight.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    Ok now that is completely rubbish. There have been non-white winners of American Idol so why the negativity? The SINGER won the show and the Screeching, shouting, growling girl didn't. Hardly surprising someone who couldn't sing didn't win.

Um how boring and completely wrong would that have been? It was bad enough Jessica was one of the finalists but both of them would've ruined the show. Taken it away from SINGING and all about karaoke shouting which is what you find any pubs everywhere and not very good. The judges should never had put such weak "singers" on pedestals and try to destroy the show. Phillip deserved to win.

Actually excuse me but she was given too much credit on the show than she actually deserved. And playing the age card is completely pointless. They have an age range for a reason so people of those ages can compete but to keep bringing up "only 16, wow amazing" is just an insult to anyone not 16 and it defeats the point of the shows age range. Might as well just allow only 16 year olds on and then what will be said. "what you're only 16... oh wait you're all only 16... oh um....". Joshua and Jessica final would've ruined the show and actually insulted all real singers around the world.

I so agree with all your comments, well said.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you still wondering who sang with Jessica, it was Reba McEntire. She is one of the biggest country music stars with a career dating baclk to 1977.

The number of votes is surely an indication of an increase in the number of people who know how to use multiple voting - even last year there were people claiming to cast hundreds of votes for their favourite.

Overall a disappointing series this year for me - during the competition I did not see one performance which I rated very highly. My favourite contestant was Skylar, but even she did not quite perform as well as I hoped.

The judges became increasingly irrelevant during the show and were incapable of giving a reasonable view of the performances - why so many standing ovations for Joshua, who never reached the height of a Fantasia performance? I much preferred the comments by Jimmy, but suspect that he would not want to be a judge.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so agree with all your comments, well said.

So do I.

Screeching is not a good way to cover up an OK but not outstanding singing voice.

Ironically it's become the norm on the likes of The Voice on BBC1.:rolleyes:
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, because Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, Jordan Sparks are all male. And Ruben and Fantasia are white. Taylor Hicks certainly isn't a boy either! David Cook was a bit older, and is more rocky than Phillip, and Scotty is totally different to Phillip. The only two who are similar are Lee Dewyse and Kris Allen, who he is far better than IMO.
    DJW13 wrote: »
    For those of you still wondering who sang with Jessica, it was Reba McEntire. She is one of the biggest country music stars with a career dating baclk to 1977.

Reba sang with Skylar.