Options

and the next Games With Gold is.....

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Games for July -

Assasin's Creed IV Black Flag (Xbox One)
    So Many Me (Xbox One)
    Plants Vs Zombies (Xbox 360)
    Gears Of War 3 (Xbox 360)

Some good news - Xbox One will now get 2 new free games every month, so no more repeats ala Pool FX.

Bonus good news - rumour has it Gears 3 is about to be added to the BC list, potentially making it a bumper crop for Xbox One owners on the preview programme.

None of that potential is heading my way, I stopped at Gears 2 so no BC Gears 3 for me and already played Black Flag on 360, not a huge fan either.

Big leap in quality of free X1 games though, hope it continues.

Just a side note, I'd love to see Alan Wake getting the BC treatment, would play it through again on the X1
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of that potential is heading my way, I stopped at Gears 2 so no BC Gears 3 for me and already played Black Flag on 360, not a huge fan either.

Big leap in quality of free X1 games though, hope it continues.

Just a side note, I'd love to see Alan Wake getting the BC treatment, would play it through again on the X1

Grab the game for Gold 360 version and it should then show up on your X1 when BC
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Grab the game for Gold 360 version and it should then show up on your X1 when BC

How do you grab a 360 game in gold when you have an x box one?

The one free this month is Thief for 360 but when I search the game in the Game store bit it says I have to pay for it.

Its my first month with gold so apologies if this is pretty simple
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you grab a 360 game in gold when you have an x box one?

The one free this month is Thief for 360 but when I search the game in the Game store bit it says I have to pay for it.

Its my first month with gold so apologies if this is pretty simple

Use the Xbox website to claim the Xbox 360 titles. They will be added to your library and then will be downloadable to your Xbox One once they are added to the BC list.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    For a company as big as Microsoft Xbox.com is such a pain in the ass to navigate. So damn slow and tedious.

I downloaded the Thief game from here walkerb-

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Thief/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253510803?noSplash=1

You have to jump through some hoops to get it as i think it requires payment method(i have no idea why?), but you won't be charged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    For a company as big as Microsoft Xbox.com is such a pain in the ass to navigate. So damn slow and tedious.

I downloaded the Thief game from here walkerb-

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Thief/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253510803?noSplash=1

You have to jump through some hoops to get it as i think it requires payment method(i have no idea why?), but you won't be charged.

Thank you for that. It says its going to be downloaded so not sure how I can play it yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you for that. It says its going to be downloaded so not sure how I can play it yet

It will start to download as soon as you sign your account into a xbox 360. Alternatively, if the game gets backwards compatibility support, it will show up in the 'ready to install' section of your games tab where you can install and play from there
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I'm glad that we're getting 2 a month from now on... it's a pretty crappy month.

Black Flag can be picked up for pennies online for Xbox One.

I guess So Many Me may give an hour or so of enjoyment before I get bored :p
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never played Black Flag before nor Gears 3, so looks like a good month for me (if Gears 3 is added to the BC list). I think I may get a Gold sub again now :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you still get Gears 3 free with gold? I wouldn't mind that if it's going BC
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you still get Gears 3 free with gold? I wouldn't mind that if it's going BC

Its July's games with gold so its not available yet,its still Thief
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its July's games with gold so its not available yet,its still Thief

Lol my bad, I didn't read ff's post correctly
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how long you reckon an average x1 game would take to download on a 6mb internet connection?
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Games with Gold - August:

Xbox One
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    How To Survive: SW Edition (August 16th to September 15th)

Xbox 360

Metro 2033
    Metro Last Light
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Games with Gold - August:

Xbox One
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    How To Survive: SW Edition (August 16th to September 15th)

Xbox 360

Metro 2033
    Metro Last Light

Not a bad bunch I suppose, but I aready have 3 of those. :/

Oh well.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh.

Metal Gear Solid - OK. Didn't PS4 already do this, though?
    How to Survive - Have it on Steam, didn't like it that much
    Metro 2033/Last Light - Finished Redux about 2 months ago :(
  • Options
    london79london79 Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm getting a bit fed up with Games With Gold now. When will we get a decent platformer so fed up with with shooting games!
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I already have the Metro games bundle on Xbox One and also How to Survive, only one I don't have is Metal Gear Solid...........it's better than nothing I guess. Hopefully next month will be better.
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    london79 wrote: »
    Hmmmm getting a bit fed up with Games With Gold now. When will we get a decent platformer so fed up with with shooting games!

We did get that So Many Me game which I thought was great but I have to agree, more variety of genre would be good. We have not had a racing or a sports game yet either.
  • Options
    rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Ps Plus did have Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and I finished it in 20 mins, waste of download :( . So I wont be downloading it if it is free .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm, nice month for me. I'm looking forward to playing the Metro games on my 360.

We've had quite a few platformers on the X1 already. Child of Light, Rayman Legends, So Many Me,Chariot, Super Time Force , Max:TCOB and Guacamelee have all featured in the last year.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's free, so i feel a bit ungrateful for saying this, but i am getting a bit bored of all these shooters. I'm not a fan of shooters, i never really have been.
  • Options
    Mojo FonesMojo Fones Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I don't think we should say they are free, they're part of the Gold deal. They advertise it when promoting Gold and it's the reason I got it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mojo Fones wrote: »
    I don't think we should say they are free, they're part of the Gold deal. They advertise it when promoting Gold and it's the reason I got it.

You could also look at it this way, for years gold was just multiplayer so for the same price we could say these games are free. But I take your point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next months have been announced.

Xbox One
    Deer God
    TombRaider Definitive edition

Xbox 360
    Battlestations pacific
    Crysis 3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNQ01uDWEAEALpF.png:large

And of for those, like me, who have no idea what Deergod is >Trailer