Options

iZombie - US pace (The CW)

2»

Comments

• Options
    myselfandimyselfandi Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    I assume that the Lt. is one of Blaine's "customers", turned more for having a cop in the pocket than for money>

What about King Arthur? Seems logical to me that he'd be one of Blaine's, unless there's *another* source?

I also assume that he killed Eliza (?) as revenge for Liv's dead friend, and then ate her brains. If she'd just gone on the run, where was the shower curtain?

Also... the energy drink can cause violent psychosis? Totally unrelated, or is it something to do with what caused it all in the first place?

I agree that Lowell aka King Arthur probably gets his brains from Blaine and he made that rather bitter comment about being under the thumb of the company but I don't think he killed Eliza. I think she was killed by the company as part of their cover-up and YES I'll bet the Max Rager drink has something to do with all the zombies and the coming zombie apocalypse.
    Flash525 wrote: »
    In most folklore, Werewolves eat Hearts, and Vampires drink Blood; both of which could provide visions and personality traits if they wished to use that theme instead of Zombies and Brains. :)

iZombie uses the zombie mythology from the comic book, iZombie, published by DC Vertigo. I think it's the same universe as Constantine. There, a zombie could stay self-aware and in control (basically a Revenant) if she ate a human brain once a month. When she did, she would gain the memories of the brain she ate.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solid episode once again. Loving Major's character right now. Loved the little online game thing they had going on in this episode! Glad she finally knows the truth about Blaine. Will be interesting now to see how she handles it.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    It got it's Season 2 renewal. I wonder if that helps get a UK broadcaster?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else still watching this? I'm still really enjoying it.

The newest episode was really good. I figured the person who got killed off in the new episode wasn't going to be around for long once she found out about Blaine. Such a shame though, as I really liked his character. Thing should be getting even more interesting from here on out.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got round to checking this show out

What a truly beautiful gem this show is. It's so different. So out there. The lead character is amazing. Liv is easily television's new anti-heroine. She is played fantastically. The whole supporting cast rock. It doesn't take it's self too seriously but it knows when to draw the line.

Such a relief to come across a genuinely great sci-fi/fantasy show. Because i haven't seen one in a long time. Long may Liv continue to eat brains and entertain me,
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May26 ep -
    must watch it again, right ?! :o:D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a great ep. Loved the reveal regarding Liv's delusions.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    That was a great ep. Loved the reveal regarding Liv's delusions.

I suspected the first one wasn't real early on but the second one fooled me pretty much till the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show has really gotten better each episode. The newest one was another fantastic episode.

With next week being the season finale, I have a feeling we might be losing one of the characters. I'm really glad more of her loved ones are starting to find out the truth about her now. Knowing Peyton, she'll come round. I loved Liv's personality change with the cheerleader and the stoner guy. The actress always amazes me with how she handles each person's personality that she takes on when she eats the brains. :)

I'm so glad this show is getting a season 2!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've got the pacing and characters down to a T.

Finally a show that knows how to reveal the story without being a tease.

An intelligent take on the zombie genre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing season finale! Wow!

So glad that Blaine survived! Will be interesting to see where his character goes from here, and if the cure will really last. Would love to have him work with Liv next season, especially if he is really the only person who knows all the zombies in the city.

Glad that Major lived. Was quite an interesting twist at the end, but I guessed Liv would use it on him instead of herself.

Looking forward to next season and seeing what comes into play. Wonder if her brother will survive?

Awesome first season.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lot's of twists and turns.

I'm guessing the cure works as they are not going to kill off both Blaine and Major in the season 2 premiere.

Or maybe it doesn't kill them but does change them into something else neither zombie or human.

Not sure what the Police Captain was hoping to do with the explosion.

He presumably wants Blaine captured/killed and has seemingly had enough with being a zombie but why not just ring Blaine up, arrange a meeting and then kill him (later killing himself if he wants to)?

As it is the Police records will show him responding to gunshots in the night which he calls in as a false alarm yet he somehow ends up back at the same address the next day (without a dispatch call this time) where he supposedly gets in a gunfight (that no one hears) with a number of suspects before being killed in a gas explosion.

Seems a rather complicated way of doing things :)

So is Liv going to reveal that she's a zombie to her Mother/the Doctor ? Her Mother is certainly going to want a good reason as to why she won't donate blood to save her brother.

I can't recall off hand what the cure actually consists of? Why do Liv and Ravi only have enough for one or two doses?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great finale :)

Will Liv really refuse to give blood? What excuse will she use? STD?

I assume that Blaine will keep his business going, even if he really is cured. He won't want to give up the money, and he has a point about stopping the zombie apocalypse.

Don't understand how the Lieutenant's faked scene will be accepted for reasons already mentioned... Although of course if Clive brings Major in, then that will cause it to fall apart anyway.