Scots - do you support England?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see lots of wee boys running around in Argentina or Germany strips. My friend from Essex was shocked when he saw it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cairy Lunt wrote: »
    Cardbus i am confused, are you scottish or english?

made in scotland

born in england

my mother is scottish, my dad is english.

I currently reside in scotland
  • Cairy LuntCairy Lunt Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whirliegig wrote: »
    You see lots of wee boys running around in Argentina or Germany strips. My friend from Essex was shocked when he saw it!

But why? If argentina was playing scotland in the world cup final (chorlte) then i would be supporting the linesman...not the argies, thats just f*cking WRONG on so many levels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cardbus wrote: »
    made in scotland

born in england

my mother is scottish, my dad is english.

I currently reside in scotland

Ha ha

What do you class yourself as? No sitting on the fence on this one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek:I can't even remember -

I am such a Scottish **** that many a naughty thing passes my mouth without a thought.

Now if you just form an orderly line I shall endevour to give you a friendly Scottish welcome!:D:D:p;)

pmsl you made me spit me coffee out there:eek::eek::D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek:I can't even remember -

I am such a Scottish **** that many a naughty thing passes my mouth without a thought.

Now if you just form an orderly line I shall endevour to give you a friendly Scottish welcome!:D:D:p;)

That's one good thing i will say about scotland, there is plenty of those about :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha

What do you class yourself as? No sitting on the fence on this one!

I class myself as english with a scottish parent, I did used to say when I was younger that I was half and half
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why? If argentina was playing scotland in the world cup final (chorlte) then i would be supporting the linesman...not the argies, thats just f*cking WRONG on so many levels.

Because they are better football teams? More glamorous? Win more? ;)

Maybe all the England strips were sold out.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we are evil, English-hating, jock bast@rds. How many times do you have to be told!?:D

But there is no substance behind the hate, other than we are better than you at 'stuff' :D...i suppose that could be a reason in itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moan the South Africa (and Russia)!
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot bad feeling towards national English teams is down to the media. Just look at Sky News on Saturday and all yesterday; England, England, England. Of course it's great they are in the final but they shove it down everyone's throats NON STOP. Half the time when watching a game you hope England lose, not because of the fact that it's England, but becasue it will really p*ss off the media and following the game the rest of the UK won't then have to hear about it non stop for the next few days!

Good luck for the final.
  • BraesBoyBraesBoy Posts: 3,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocks

Do you support Germany or the argies when we come up against them in sports?

Address people properly and you may get an answer ... ya English *******! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BraesBoy wrote: »
    Address people properly and you may get an answer ... ya English *******! :D

Jock is a very popular scottish name

******* isn't a popular english one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there is no substance behind the hate, other than we are better than you at 'stuff' :D...i suppose that could be a reason in itself.

think you have hit the nail on the head there

Thank god I wont be up here on wednesday, will be able to watch the footie in the pub with out the fear of a bottle thrown at me head:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?

You would think it is if you listened to people up here! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

also with regards to the word jock isnt it used in some instance when someone is called james
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting comment from one who lists their occupation as "moaner, fervent Jock"

Finally, someone spots the obvious attempt at humour in my profile!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocks

Do you support Germany or the argies when we come up against them in sports?

Used to be Germany/Argentina all the way (even my grandpa supported germany over england and he was a prisoner of war :eek:) My summer holiday there however changed my perspective forever as the place was overrun with germans who were just awful. Thus we went and helped the small band of english folk to support England.

England got beat off of Germany and I was raging, first time I've supported England over anyone and they went and got beat!

I dont like being called a 'jock' I dont find it offensive, I just dont like it. None of my fellow scots have ever referred to me or indeed anyone I know as 'jock' to each other either. Must be a highland or east coast thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also with regards to the word jock isnt it used in some instance when someone is called james

no. John.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    A lot bad feeling towards national English teams is down to the media. Just look at Sky News on Saturday and all yesterday; England, England, England. Of course it's great they are in the final but they shove it down everyone's throats NON STOP. Half the time when watching a game you hope England lose, not because of the fact that it's England, but becasue it will really p*ss off the media and following the game the rest of the UK won't then have to hear about it non stop for the next few days!

Good luck for the final.

I can understand that. The Media are good at gloating:D But would it not be the same if Scotland made it to a final in something? Has that ever happened?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my mum was in her friends pub, and this german bloke called me mother and english bastard, the whole pub went mental at this bloke and he was lucky he got out of the pub in one peace
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whirliegig wrote: »
    no. John.

cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers

youre welcome pal. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngieP wrote: »
    I can understand that. The Media are good at gloating:D But would it not be the same if Scotland made it to a final in something? Has that ever happened?:D

Even when Scotland do well, its a toe-poke....
  • SamoanJOESamoanJOE Posts: 3,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have said before in the Rugby thread.

I couldn't care less if the Scots support us or not. I am English I support England,

I cheered on Argentina against them with great joy, and was glad they got beaten.

Luckily when it comes to big games I don't have to worry about supporting Scotland anyway as they have usually been on the flight home before that stage anyway.