Options

The name calling on the forum

2»

Comments

• Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean OP, some of the posts are really inflammatory and easily breach the T&C. Unfortunately though that is the nature of a fast paced forum like this. You just have to learn to ignore the nasty stuff.
  • Options
    patmebackpatmeback Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    They enter the BB house knowing that every tiny detail about themselves will be scrutinised...so tough titties on 'em...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I've not come across much of it this year but I can think of some beauties for the HMs:D
  • Options
    pyromancerpyromancer Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Which HM does OP want to win?
    Sam Pepper at the moment. Does that make a difference?
    It´s a forum for people to say what they want, ( within the T & C ´s of the forum) all we need is more forum police trying to add to the already stringent rules.

From reading your post you sound to me like one that has OFCOM on speed dial .
    From reading my post you don't know me at all.

Negative posts don't bother me at all, I just find 'He's a manipulative, controlling arse*ole because.....' more interesting to read than 'He's wrong because he's a fat bas*ard'. Can't really debate the way someone looks.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so agree with the OP here.

I am tired of the childish name calling, it's what I came to DS to avoid. This was the place to have adult discussion and debate, now it's getting like a kids playground :(

It is against the terms and conditions here, seems many don't read them and just bringing the mindset over from the old C4 forums as opposed to post in the spirit of what Digital Spy was.
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    "Pig & Piglet" springs to mind...

That was a metaphor along the same lines as lap and lapdog. Nothing to do with appearance.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    patmeback wrote: »
    They enter the BB house knowing that every tiny detail about themselves will be scrutinised...so tough titties on 'em...:D

Yes, the housemates are there to be scrutinised, but that doesn't mean name calling and general hatered that is occuring more and more as this series goes on. It's against the rules here and many use this forum as it has always been run to be civilised. I notice many old posters disappearing due to this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    Yes, the housemates are there to be scrutinised, but that doesn't mean name calling and general hatered that is occuring more and more as this series goes on. It's against the rules here and many use this forum as it has always been run to be civilised. I notice many old posters disappearing due to this.

You know this as a fact or is it wild assumption?

People move on, things change, it's the nature of the beast. Everyone will have to find a new place to inhabit after this series anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see a problem with judging someone by their looks.
    is that the barry chuckle off facebook? if it is then all i can say is oh dear, oh dear, oh dear me DS is in for some fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »
    That was a metaphor along the same lines as lap and lapdog. Nothing to do with appearance.

That's a great loophole:D
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    Yes and don't forget to flush the toilet.

And wash your hands.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pyromancer wrote: »
    The HMs may have some dislikable character traits but they haven't resorted (yet) to calling each other derogatory names.
    "Witches", "coven", "bitch". Just for starters.
This discussion has been closed.