Amanda Holden

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
Forum Member
Just looking at Amanda and her two new sidekicks in the pre show publicity for Britains Got Talent ( not ) and you could see it was going to tank.
I was right... the viewing figures have slumped bigtime but no doubt Amanda , the Hoff and MM will soldier on to the bitter end.

Is Amanda wasting her time and talent on all this candy floss TV ?
In the past she has made some hot TV drama series and built up a reputation as a fine TV actress.

The lure of working with the very rich TV mogul, Simon Cowell was too much of an attraction and shes spent hours in his private jet... no doubt having the time of her life,
while, artistically , her career is on hold.

Maybe its time she turned her back on all this nonsense and resumed her acting career.

I dont know if shes got a voice, but I could see her in the West End starring in a Musical.... she could be up there with Denise Van Outen... why not ?

Just give that creep Cowell the boot Amanda and get back to TV acting and the legitimate theatre
kickstart your career once again.

Comments

• FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Just looking at Amanda and her two new sidekicks in the pre show publicity for Britains Got Talent ( not ) and you could see it was going to tank.
    I was right... the viewing figures have slumped bigtime but no doubt Amanda , the Hoff and MM will soldier on to the bitter end.

In the past she has made some hot TV drama series and built up a reputation as a fine TV actress.

The lure of working with the very rich TV mogul, Simon Cowell was too much of an attraction and shes spent hours in his private jet... no doubt having the time of her life,

Maybe its time she turned her back on all this nonsense and resumed her acting career.

I dont know if shes got a voice, but I could see her in the West End starring in a Musical.... she could be up there with Denise Van Outen... why not ?

Just give that creep Cowell the boot Amanda and get back to TV acting and the legitimate theatre

errr she's going to be starring in the west end....is that acting career enough for you? Shrek the Musical....
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    HOPE she finds time to fit it in
    between all this candyfloss TV

can she sing ?
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    HOPE she finds time to fit it in
    between all this candyfloss TV

can she sing ?

Well she's contracted and rehearsing so one presumes she's kind of got to do it.

I assume she can sing. Have no desire to find out though.

I've worked with her before - check out TV movie "Ready when you are Mr McGill" - she plays herself and it's really very good - Bill Nighy stars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the BGT audition filming is done now, so she's got a clean schedule as far as that is concerned except for one week of semi-final's and the final. So she should have plenty of time to focus on Shrek, I know she's been tweeting pictures of her dressing room so rehearsals are in full swing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member

Erm, what? When are viewing figures of 9.94-10.45m watching live 'tanking' or 'slumping big time'? What a ridiculous statement.

Down a little from last year, but when you replace almost the entire line-up this was not only expected but actually I'm sure ITV were prepared for a lot worse.

I know they say don't feed the trolls, but still. Use some common sense.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this thread would be about Amanda's immobile face. WAY too much botox. She is all shiny and smooth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Can Amanda sing????? eeerrrr yess and dances ruddy well too.
    Was not her biggest fan as I thought her 'talent' was being married to Les Dennis @ the time. But got tickets to see her in 'Thoroughly Modern Millie' in the West End a few years back...... superb. Really very good and has totally changed my opinion of her. I'll admit I was too quick to judge. Am hoping she'll be a success in Shrek which opens in June ( i think):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    what talent - she is awful, one of Dame Cowell's plastic friends...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member

can't abear the woman...pretentious canut
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoff is bad, and McIntyre is only slightly better. Amanda just has to grin and bare it - but there again, the Botox means she can't grin........................
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only been on once? At a time where we're having unseasonably warm weather and people are out having BBQs and enjoying the light evenings. Hardly a good basis for judging whether viewing figures are plummeting.

As for Amanda Holden, I could always take her or leave her. However I felt desperately sad for her when her baby was stillborn and think she's conducted herself with such dignity since.

I enjoyed BGT. It was nice not having Cowell and Morgan. Both odious little creeps. It's a lovely change.
    Forum Member
    Well there we have it , Thoroughly Modern Millie and soon Shrek...
    a glittering career in the West End beckons for the lovely Amanda.... something on a par with Denise Van Outen... who is ruling the West End these days... even so soon after her confinement.

Strangely Denise also seems hooked on being a judge on these tacky candy floss TV shows ! but in her case with Andy Webber... the BBC's version of Simon Cowell !

Denise and Amanda's careers are running in parallel ! ( both got one child too )
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was absolutely terrible in Thoroughly Modern Millie. There's a reason she's not made it back on to the West End stage in the 8 years since, despite supposedly being the be all and end all of musical theatre that she likes to think she is ...

Thoroughly talent-free woman who IS only famous because of Les Dennis. I certainly won't be rushing to Shrek!
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    shelby67 wrote: »
    Can Amanda sing????? eeerrrr yess and dances ruddy well too.
    Was not her biggest fan as I thought her 'talent' was being married to Les Dennis @ the time. But got tickets to see her in 'Thoroughly Modern Millie' in the West End a few years back...... superb. Really very good and has totally changed my opinion of her. I'll admit I was too quick to judge. Am hoping she'll be a success in Shrek which opens in June ( i think):)

Hmmm. She must have been having an off day when we saw her in it - she was absolutely dire (singing & acting).

Thank God for Maureen Lipman!
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    She was absolutely terrible in Thoroughly Modern Millie. There's a reason she's not made it back on to the West End stage in the 8 years since, despite supposedly being the be all and end all of musical theatre that she likes to think she is ...

Thoroughly talent-free woman who IS only famous because of Les Dennis. I certainly won't be rushing to Shrek!

Agree with all you say.

I've said on another thread, she has no business judging anyone's talent or lack thereof since she has absolutely none herself. It's a pity they didn't replace her along with the other two stooges.
    Forum Member
    Got to admit, an awards ceremony , red carpet event without Amanda there.... always seems to fall a bit flat .
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. She must have been having an off day when we saw her in it - she was absolutely dire (singing & acting).QUOTE]

She was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for her role so she must of had some good days as well then :)
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Hmmm. She must have been having an off day when we saw her in it - she was absolutely dire (singing & acting).QUOTE]

She was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for her role so she must of had some good days as well then :)

Possibly. My opinion of her being a talentless bimbo stands though. :D
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

... and she only came to his attention as a contestant on Blind Date! He was a very useful stepping stone for her, she must be tough as old boots to have carved out a career from being averagely good at acting/singing/dancing. I don't like her, she comes across as very insincere, but you have to admit she's done alright!
    Forum Member
    Like i said, was not big fan of hers, but credit where credit due, she was really good in Millie. Anita Dobson was the chinese woman when we saw it and there was a really good vibe like they all got on well. But these forums are all about opinions..... saw that prog where she was being a midwife..... and thought it was dire:eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    shelby67 wrote: »
    Like i said, was not big fan of hers, but credit where credit due, she was really good in Millie. Anita Dobson was the chinese woman when we saw it and there was a really good vibe like they all got on well. But these forums are all about opinions..... saw that prog where she was being a midwife..... and thought it was dire:eek::eek:

Ah, well Shelby, there you are! Anita Dobson/Amanda Holden, much of a muchness talent-wise.

Maureen Lipman showed how it's meant to be done :D
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »

Yeah didn't win it though did she! Some years, especially back then when show turnover is lower than it is now, they are short of suitable new shows to get nominees from.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Amanda's okay. She's not done anything to annoy me/cause me to cringe so far.
    Forum Member
    You ve got to be a bit special and dedicated to carry a musical..
    Denise Van Outen has got what it takes, Amanda has yet to prove shes got it.

Elaine Page did it back in the days of Evita... probably it was her wonderful voice more than anything that carried the day.

How many young actresses and singers today have got it ?
    You ve got to have something special to be able to dance and sing your heart out every night .

Martine McCutcheon went from soap to take on My Fair Lady in 2001... but health matters caused her to pull out before the end of the run.

Amanda is very popular and a big draw, I think she will be a big success in Shrek .

Forum Member
    To be fair, Anita Dobson was really funny. She had really good comic timing :)
This discussion has been closed.