Celebrities Who Died At Their Peak

12346»

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce Lee. His career was at full pelt when he died.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really at his peak but sad that Steig Larsson died before he achieved his dream of being published.
  • CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Winehouse and Yootha Joyce...
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Oh definitely. So sad, that.

A lot of people on this thread don't qualify on the 'peak' front. 'Peak' is when they had more or less the world at their feet and everything was well in their lives. Did a lot of very talented stars die too young, yes. And tragically, yes. But only a handful of people here died at the peak of their careers.

Yes, this is true. There are only a few names on here who died at their peak. In other cases, we can only envisage what their peak would have been, for instance Eddie Cochran and Buddy Holly because they were so very young when they were killed and promised so much.

Then there are those we have lost far too young. Elvis, Whitney and Michael J - still quite young but their beauty and talent largely destroyed. And the latest victim of drug abuse, Amy Winehouse. God, it makes you want to weep when you think of the havoc drugs have caused to so much talent.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    What happened?

Daily Star ran an awful story about Gary Holton with regards to his drug addiction and that he was dealing in it as well which was not accurate and put the star into a downward spiral which in my opinion made him take his own life with a morphine overdose mixed with alcohol, very sad indeed. His own mother petitioned the news paper after his death to get them to apologise for there disgusting lying reports about her son, like the nasty newspaper it is they refused, the poor mother suffered in the lost of her son as well as that scum rag being responsible for a witch hunt.

Gary Holton was a actor and singer who died way before his time.

It reminds me of a similar case where The Scum destroyed the original Mark Fowler - a guy who had mental health issues not helped by their lies but because he killed himself as a result of their libels (or at least they didn't help) the paper couldn't be sued. That sad story amongst others that made me realise the tabloid press are kinda evil really - way before Levison inquiry and the relevations about phone hacking a missing girl's moby.
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I think some of the people mentioned here had already passed their peak or were on a plateau that wasn't going to rise. For me the ones I would have been interested in seeing how their careers would have developed are Marilyn Monroe, Heath Ledger, Richard Beckinsale and Dermot Morgan, and although not a celebrity Princess Diana.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CreamPuff wrote: »
    I think some of the people mentioned here had already passed their peak or were on a plateau that wasn't going to rise.

That's undoubtedly true, but I think naming the people is more interesting than debating where they were on their career trajectory.
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    I was looking at pictures of Sharon on tumblr to reblog and was greeted with pictures of her dead and bloody body. It affected me for ages after. :(

Just found those pictures. Hideous. Why are they on the internet for god sake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Family members of the victims have tried to get those photographs removed but haven't been successful. They're absolutely awful. Abigail Folger's affected me the most. Her poor little body is just littered with stab wounds and her intestines are protruding through the wounds. This is WHY those bastards should never be released.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    charlotte coleman shocked me - i grew up watching her on worzel gummidge and she was in 3 weddings & a funeral - i dunno it just seemd sad and she was only 33

I remember her as Marmalade Atkins and I found her death shocking too. Her sister Lisa has done well and looks so like her though...

Brittany Murphy - I still find it hard to watch any of her films because she was so good and could have been great.

John Spencer - I can not watch the episode of The West Wing where Leo has a heart attack, I saw it after John had died of a heart attack so it was too real....I also find the episodes when Leo dies so hard to watch because it the pain is too real...

Aryton Senna
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana
  • TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Kirsty McColl was making a comeback at the time of her tragic death.