Corrie: Izzy's face!

Comments

• bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy there it's just that moment where she tries to act tears it was funny

The actress would find it hard t act tears but the one who plays Tina would find it easy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers-Danlos_syndrome
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility
    http://hypermobility.org/782/
    http://hypermobility.org/eds-awareness-month-experiences-of-faye/

So you see with this condition it is not easy to do any jobs but these people work. Well done to them.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    It's the people who have jumped on the "look in the mirror etc" bandwagon that have taken this thread to another level. For goodness sake! Why oh why do you people have to twist every little thing to make yourselves out to be some kind of heroes?!? YOU LOT made a simple comment about how someone looks funny when they laugh into some sort of tyrant of abuse against a poor invalid!? Have none of you ever seen photos of yourselves and laughed?! We have all done it and I'm sure even the actress who plays izzy would as well. Also, if you're in the public eye, criticism goes with the territory no matter who you are, so lighten up and don't take every small observation on here as a personal attack. This forum is for OPINIONS!! ALL types of opinions and by moaning you are being just as judgmental as you are accusing the people that post. (Emphasis on "accusing")

Liking someone to a Dalek when they're in a wheelchair isn't commenting on how someone laughs.

Expressing the desire to wallop someone in the face with a frying pan isn't being slightly amused at the way she laughs.

Stating that she already looks as if someone's has walloped her in the face with a frying pan isn't been slightly amused at the way she laughs.

Your defence of the comments speaks volumes about you and your current level of maturity. Trying to turn the tables on those with a modicum of decency just won't wash.

You say that this forum is all about opinions. Well this ^ is mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Her crying is terrible :D
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    So you think its a light hearted thread? And you are commenting on her acting ability, have you considered the fact that despite her disability she is still in a job acting to the best of her ability that her disability can allow. Obviously if she had not got a disability she wouldnt display such facial expressions. She would be like Tina.

At least she is not on disability benefit and sat in her wheel chair at home moaning about her disability but getting on with it again to the best of her ability. And what do you do, start moaning first thing in morning.

Do you know how the actress feels first thing in the morning, some one in her condition would be in horrendous physical pain, unlike you I should think.
    To even cry for her job is painful, but she does it because its her job. And you know what she works unlike some people on here.

When you are challenged you act like a school playground bully. But then I suppose you do it because you feel embarassed and you don't know how else to behave.

This is where you lost me. I sincerely hope that this isn't your general view of those with disabilities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her crying is terrible :D

You havent looked at any of the links have you. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    This is where you lost me. I sincerely hope that this isn't your general view of those with disabilities.

No its not, dont read whats not there!:eek: I am actually being very supportive of the actress and that she is not letting anything get in her way of earning a living and not moaning like the OP who just moans in every thread/post he/she makes. If you read my posts you will know I am being really positive and not horrible, or nasty or even negative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you read the actress read this forum and was very hurt with what she read and it made her very depressed about her looks, would those who find her face funny still find that funny knowing their comments caused the actress harm emotionally or would you get off on that fact
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is that Cherylee Houston was on TM yesterday, looking absolutely lovely. Soft curls framing her face, immaculate makeup and very well spoken.

In other words - nothing like her character, Izzy, thus making her an excellent actress in my eyes. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    All I know is that Cherylee Houston was on TM yesterday, looking absolutely lovely. Soft curls framing her face, immaculate makeup and very well spoken.

In other words - nothing like her character, Izzy, thus making her an excellent actress in my eyes. :cool:

Exactly:)

Here is a good interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkJ_hYhKEE8
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems really sweet but I don't rate her at all as a actress she just plays herself and doesn't sound that much different, sorry.

Look at the likes of Andrew Lincoln in The Walking Dead watch him and then check him in a interview, also Jack Huston in Boardwalk Empire, I think it's just an insult to incredible actors/actresses saying those in a soap are amazing to, the best in soaps are just above average, but hey that's just me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems really sweet but I don't rate her at all as a actress she just plays herself and doesn't sound that much different, sorry.

Look at the likes of Andrew Lincoln in The Walking Dead watch him and then check him in a interview, also Jack Hutson in Boardwalk Empire, I think it's just an insult to incredible actors/actresses saying those in a soap are amazing to, the best in soaps are just above average, but hey that's just me.

How do you know what 'herself' is? :confused: Try looking at her interview on TM yesterday and tell me how there is any resemblance at all between Cherylee and Izzy. Her hair was beautiful, as was her makeup. She is extremely well spoken and clearly intelligent. She has been acting for over 20 years. Your knowledge of 'herself' comes from where exactly?
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    How do you know what 'herself' is? :confused: Try looking at her interview on TM yesterday and tell me how there is any resemblance at all between Cherylee and Izzy. Her hair was beautiful, as was her makeup. She is extremely well spoken and clearly intelligent. She has been acting for over 20 years. Your knowledge of 'herself' comes from where exactly?

I did I based it on that, sounds like she does in corrie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have watched the recording again and I don't think she appears like she does on corrie. Ofcourse she is going to have the same voice apart from that she is nothing like Izzy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    She's got a face like a Halloween cake. When she 'cried' last night she looked like she was haunting a house.

:D:D:D

I'm going to hell aren't I :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't think so. Her voice was quite cultured, (and she said 'baby' not 'beh-beh'). :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

don't laugh, i got into trouble
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm going to hell aren't I :o

Probably!
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Izzy has a face you want to slap!I
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you think its a light hearted thread? And you are commenting on her acting ability, have you considered the fact that despite her disability she is still in a job acting to the best of her ability that her disability can allow. Obviously if she had not got a disability she wouldnt display such facial expressions. She would be like Tina.

At least she is not on disability benefit and sat in her wheel chair at home moaning about her disability but getting on with it again to the best of her ability. And what do you do, start moaning first thing in morning.

Do you know how the actress feels first thing in the morning, some one in her condition would be in horrendous physical pain, unlike you I should think.
    To even cry for her job is painful, but she does it because its her job. And you know what she works unlike some people on here.

When you are challenged you act like a school playground bully. But then I suppose you do it because you feel embarassed and you don't know how else to behave.

Errrr.....so it's ok for you to insult me and call me names like a bully when you don't know me...never seen me etc but its not ok for me to comment on "izzy"..... :confused:
    WOW! Talk about double standards!
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a mean thread - I am sure all those who have posted these derogatory comments are perfection personified ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Errrr.....so it's ok for you to insult me and call me names like a bully when you don't know me...never seen me etc but its not ok for me to comment on "izzy"..... :confused:
    WOW! Talk about double standards!

Thats exactly the response I thought I'd get from you. Try thinking out of the box. You might discover it is actually a nice feeling to be positive and say good things about people rather than verbally abusing them. Yes you are right I dont know you. Just as well. But you don't know the actress who plays Izzy either. Have you researched how hard it might be for her to do her job?

Tell you what, if cant find anything nice to say dont say anything. I'm fine with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably!

I'd better pack my bikinis :p
  • molocottagemolocottage Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    od hominem wrote: »
    Liking someone to a Dalek when they're in a wheelchair isn't commenting on how someone laughs.

Expressing the desire to wallop someone in the face with a frying pan isn't being slightly amused at the way she laughs.

Stating that she already looks as if someone's has walloped her in the face with a frying pan isn't been slightly amused at the way she laughs.

Your defence of the comments speaks volumes about you and your current level of maturity. Trying to turn the tables on those with a modicum of decency just won't wash.

You say that this forum is all about opinions. Well this ^ is mine.

Echoed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet the actress is sat here laughing at those who are being nasty about the way she looks.
    I love to see what the izzy haters look like,perhaps the back of a bus look!
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the posters on this forum really are ignorant, either that or just plain nasty individuals and some of the comments in this thread back that up entirely.
This discussion has been closed.