Options

Trollied series 3. Do you like it?

daza1978daza1978 Posts: 493
Forum Member
What's everyone's thoughts on the latest series? Do you like it compaired to series 1 and 2.

Comments

• Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think it's as good as the first 2 series but it's still better than most of the crap you see on tv.
    i think it has maybe 1 more series left in it though.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Why not follow the Trollied thread and you can read what the posters think of it.
  • Options
    daza1978daza1978 Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Why not follow the Trollied thread and you can read what the posters think of it.

Thanks,

I've just spotted that thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    the first serie was fairly better
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seems that most UK comedies cant seem to get past two series without the quality suffering. The IT crowd is another case in point. I think we need team writing to try and sustain the good sit coms.
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    I still like Trollied, but you can really feel the loss after Kieron and Andy both left.

Jane Horrocks as Julie is still very funny, and the 2 ladies on the customer service desk make me laugh but the whole Neville always being down on his luck thing is getting wearing, and the 2 fish counter assistants are awful.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still hasn't recovered from losing Stephanie Beacham IMO.
    Considering she was only in 4 or 5 episodes, she was the best character in it if you ask me.
  • Options
    xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's at its best when focusing on the edgier stuff - Lisa and Colin, the filth from the customer service girls, Lorraine Chain from last series.

It falls flat when it focuses on whimsy like the spanish one, the fishmongers and Richard France. It's all just too far fetched and unbelievable, so loses the humour factor.

More plot development would offer more scope for new material. They need multiple plot lines running through, rather than theme of the series.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I couldn't bare watching the new series with the new area manager (the guy who used to be in Waterloo Road). It's a shame, after I was glued to the first 2 series, but I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes of the third then deleted it off my series link.
  • Options
    pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    xendesktop wrote: »
    It's at its best when focusing on the edgier stuff - Lisa and Colin, the filth from the customer service girls, Lorraine Chain from last series.

It falls flat when it focuses on whimsy like the spanish one, the fishmongers and Richard France. It's all just too far fetched and unbelievable, so loses the humour factor.

More plot development would offer more scope for new material. They need multiple plot lines running through, rather than theme of the series.

I mostly agree. However the Richard France character isn't too far from reality - it's pushed a little for comedy effect but there really are people out there like that.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky obviously feel the same way, they've been sending out audience focus group surveys and they've only focused on pretty negative issues on the new characters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    I couldn't bare watching the new series with the new area manager (the guy who used to be in Waterloo Road). It's a shame, after I was glued to the first 2 series, but I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes of the third then deleted it off my series link.

I tried to enjoy this series but the fish men, the spanish woman and the new boss did my head in so I ended up having it on in the background whilst I was doing other stuff away from the tv and have now deleted it from my series link and stopped watching it altogether.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winelover wrote: »
    I tried to enjoy this series but the fish men, the spanish woman and the new boss did my head in so I ended up having it on in the background whilst I was doing other stuff away from the tv and have now deleted it from my series link and stopped watching it altogether.

You have just said exactly what I was going to. Very much a let down after 2 very good series.It was just too unbelievable.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really missing Kieron and Andy. The new characters are terrible with Richard France being especially grating.
  • Options
    NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its awful. France is a terrible character and the loss of Andy and Keiron has proved fatal. The addition of that dreadful spanish women too has been a dead loss. What a disaster.