Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Abit off topic, but....just watched last night's ep of EE. Cracked up totally when Michael was talking with Alice and referred to DP as "that weasel Danny". Way to go, Michael, even if you are a psycho!!:D.

-Mary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mudsie wrote: »
    Abit off topic, but....just watched last night's ep of EE. Cracked up totally when Michael was talking with Alice and referred to DP as "that weasel Danny". Way to go, Michael, even if you are a psycho!!:D.

-Mary

Very apt. He did 'weasel' his way into a perfectly good relationship and break it up. :sleep::sleep:

xxxxx
  • DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    Wow, nice to see some more old faces! (*waves at AR*) Feels so weird checking this place again...
    Thanks for organising this Dessie! I'll definitely try and join in although I was planning on starting my rewatch from when Christian arrives, as this is where it all started for me....Christian coming in as this one night stand kind of guy but secretly being lonely and wanting to settle down and find that special someone (enter Syed :D ), plus the Beales and Masoods going into business together and the birth of MQ etc! so I definitely want to rewatch all of that again! so I'll probably start watching the old Christian clips alongside the rewatch schedule. so don't be surprised if my comments about Syed's arrival are interjected with comments along the line of "Christian was such a bitch with a dodgy haircut" :p lol.

it's going to be really interesting to see how we all comment on less popular scenes such as Syed attempting to do the nasty with Amira in the hallway and the infamous Black Friday! and how differently we view certain episodes now we know how it all ends, and also now that we have extra information from the likes of Pete, Daisy, Richard and Nick!

Oh god, I was waiting for a Christian-girl to come along and say something along those lines... :cry::p

You wouldn't believe how long I spent agonising over where to start the rewatch - I'm not much of a fan of the early Christian scenes, but I LOVE all the setting up of MQ stuff - but because it's all so bitty, with Christian floating in and out of other people's storylines, I decided in the end to go for the simplest option and just start at Clip 1 from the playlist called 'C & S playlist 1'. Very lazy, sorry!

But hey, my schedule's just a suggestion - anyone's welcome to set up an alternative, or just say which clips you're watching and I'm sure people will join in. :) Might join you myself for some of them!

I will not however be watching Black Friday or many of the episodes after it. *shudders* There's no amount of money you could pay me lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dessie wrote: »
    Wow, nice to see some more old faces! (*waves at AR*) Feels so weird checking this place again...

Oh god, I was waiting for a Christian-girl to come along and say something along those lines... :cry::p

You wouldn't believe how long I spent agonising over where to start the rewatch - I'm not much of a fan of the early Christian scenes, but I LOVE all the setting up of MQ stuff - but because it's all so bitty, with Christian floating in and out of other people's storylines, I decided in the end to go for the simplest option and just start at Clip 1 from the playlist called 'C & S playlist 1'. Very lazy, sorry!

But hey, my schedule's just a suggestion - anyone's welcome to set up an alternative, or just say which clips you're watching and I'm sure people will join in. :) Might join you myself for some of them!

I will not however be watching Black Friday or many of the episodes after it. *shudders* There's no amount of money you could pay me lol.

BIB: Oi. Who you calling old? :sleep: :D

xxxxx
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

ha, I had to be the difficult one didn't I :p

I totally understand why you've decided to start from Apr 09 though as it is the simplest starting point cos, like you say, the stuff before it is very bitty and lots going on etc! I just see it all as part of the Chryed story as a whole though, especially the MQ stuff, it's interesting to see the relationship Christian had with the Masoods before he had an affair with their son! Lots of it is really comedic eg the food fight and Zainab being convinced that Tamwar was gay and fancied Christian :p
    Forum Member
    Laura, I love the early Christian clips, he was so funny and so annoying to Ian, lol. I didn't know about the clips for the longest time, but since I found them, I've watched them all several times. Love how his appearance changed so much in the first six months, from skinny bloke with bad hair, to the super muscular hunk, lol. And the horrid dark calf-length socks he had on when they were doing their football training, where did he find them? LOL

I love Christian and Ian's relationship in the early days, it's so funny! Christian's this really out and proud gay man and Ian doesn't know how to handle him :p and Christian totally plays on that, remember when he brought some guy back to stay over just to wind Ian up? :D and later when he set Ian up on a gay date :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I love Christian and Ian's relationship in the early days, it's so funny! Christian's this really out and proud gay man and Ian doesn't know how to handle him :p and Christian totally plays on that, remember when he brought some guy back to stay over just to wind Ian up? :D and later when he set Ian up on a gay date :p

I remember the guy coming back for the night! And Ian was so outraged that Lucy when Lucy said she liked him and that he had made her a cup of tea, lol! The gay date ep. was so funny, when Christian gave Ian a package of condoms before he left! Ian could be such a jerk, but I was really moved during the 2010 ep, when Christian was in hospital after the beating from Qadim, and Ian said he was sorry it hadn't worked out for him and Syed. :cry:
  • mozziemozzie Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    That's what makes them s perfect though. They're so different, yet somehow they work. Opposites and all that... ;):D

xxxxx
    Would have loved to put up a pic or two, or three, after this, but...you guessed it ""clueless"" :o Just a couple of 'sayings' I saw, a LOOONG time back, in the early part of the relationship, that seemed to fit so well, like our boys. ;) Sorry about the long gap, had serious LOL (little old lady) napping to do.:)
    Forum Member
    Gonna jump in and try something new here. CLUELESS ALERT. :eek: No idea what I'm doing. (teaching myself) :confused: If it works..yay me, ;) if not :(
    THIS summed 'them' up perfectly, for me. :) When I found these, I cried. Aww. :)http://daphnegan.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/598867_381217198608918_59071482_n.jpg
    AND this..http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iaEJrvxZKYQ/T3Lt9ErXNGI/AAAAAAAAAAM/_vIs-Ga0zso/s1600/Soul.jpg
    and the, there was this..http://www.bugaga.ru/uploads/posts/2010-05/1274776307_cutevisualtext-dac78bdfdbbc187d13fa30f9ced2f1c1_h.jpg
    (no idea how you guys do the link thing with a 'blue word'. :o
    Hope this is O.K. :o
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member

I really want to watch some of the old Christian stuff too cos I only started watching EE properly just before Syed arrived so I missed a lot of it, but I don't really know where to find it or where to start :o I love his mini storylines where his mum arrives for a bit and then leaves again, and when Roxy agrees that she and Christian can raise Amy together so he does up his spare room all nice for her and then Roxy gets back with Sean, they're both amazing but they break my heart :cry:
  • AussieEnderAussieEnder Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Laura, I love the early Christian clips, he was so funny and so annoying to Ian, lol. I didn't know about the clips for the longest time, but since I found them, I've watched them all several times. Love how his appearance changed so much in the first six months, from skinny bloke with bad hair, to the super muscular hunk, lol. And the horrid dark calf-length socks he had on when they were doing their football training, where did he find them? LOL

Mozzie, welcome to the thread, glad you're here for the rewatch!!

-Mary

Hi Mudsie I haven't rewatched the early Christian clips I might save that when I go on a long plane flight;):cool:

Just wanted to say a personal G'day to Mozzie A fellow AussieChryedian how very special :D
    Forum Member
    Hi Mudsie I haven't rewatched the early Christian clips I might save that when I go on a long plane flight;):cool:

Just wanted to say a personal G'day to Mozzie A fellow AussieChryedian how very special :D
    Back at ya :D I don't feel so 'out of it' now. lol Wrong hemisphere, wrong time zone, and about to get weirder this weekend, with U.K. 'falling back' an hour this Sunday, we, Down under, will be 11 hours ahead. Lots of sleep to be missed, I think. ;):) Any other Aussies anywhere??
    Forum Member
    I really want to watch some of the old Christian stuff too cos I only started watching EE properly just before Syed arrived so I missed a lot of it, but I don't really know where to find it or where to start :o I love his mini storylines where his mum arrives for a bit and then leaves again, and when Roxy agrees that she and Christian can raise Amy together so he does up his spare room all nice for her and then Roxy gets back with Sean, they're both amazing but they break my heart :cry:

They so should have brought Linda back in the build-up to Chryed's wedding, she was a brilliant character! Linda and Zainab would have been TV gold, such a missed opportunity :(

The Amy stuff was so sad, Christian was so excited about being a family with Roxy and the baby :(

I love all the Christian/Lucy stuff too, when she moves in with him and has him wrapped round her little finger!

I've got all the Christian stuff saved on my computer but not sure if any of it's on YT or not...I could probably start uploading it if anyone wants me to although it'll take me a while as I have a stupidly slow internet connection at the mo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    I have a confession. Although Nick HB emailed me the pdfs of the two scripts we auctioned, I didn't actually look at them. Figured I knew what was in them. Silly me!
    However, AussieEnder, who won them in the auction, was not quite so remiss. On reading them she noticed that the script Nick sent was the episode he originally wrote, in it's *correct* format, with Chryed all the way through, rather than lumped together at the beginning and end.

And this is the really exciting bit - it includes THE SCENE WITH THE GOOD HIPS! Plus a scene between Syed and Ian (which makes that whole stupid 'tenner not a fiver' micro plot actually pointful, in that it makes Ian talk to Syed).

So, for your perusal, although rather late for our Chryed Cyber Celebration, I proudly present two scenes we *should* have had. Enjoy.

PS AussieEnder gave me permission to share. In fact, she suggested it! :)

Setting: The Masood House

BUSHRA: I’m making up a list.
    SYED: Of names?
    BUSHRA: Qualities. The sort of thing you need in a wife. (reads) Loyalty. Looks. Good hips.
    SYED: Hips?
    BUSHRA: You want lots of children, don’t you? What else?
    MASOOD: She should be a good cook.
    BUSHRA: Very good. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
    ZAINAB: I always thought it was through his breast bone.
    [SHE GRINS AT MASOOD, ENJOYING HERSELF]
    MASOOD: And she should be good looking.
    BUSHRA: I’ve already got that.
    MASOOD: Put it down again. Looks are important. (off Zainab’s look) Why I married you.
    [SYED LOOKS AROUND THE ROOM, ALL THESE PEOPLE ENJOYING THEMSELVES, PICKING OVER HIS LIFE AS IF HE WASN’T THERE...]
    SYED: I don’t think any of those things matter.
    BUSHRA: Of course they do.
    SYED: I just want someone...who gets me. Who I am. What makes me tick. Who makes me laugh. Who I don’t have to pretend with. I want to start a conversation with someone, and still be having it in twenty years time.
    [IT HANGS THERE A MOMENT, THE OTHERS NOT AT ALL SURE HOW TO REACT]
    SYED: I’m sorry. I just...I think I’ll get some air. Enjoy the food.
    [HE GOES. MASOOD AND ZAINAB EXCHANGE LOOKS. BUSHRA LOOKS AT HER LIST]
    BUSHRA: And she’ll need to be a gracious hostess.

Later, Syed is sitting on Arthur's bench.

IAN: Here.
    [SYED LOOKS UP TO FIND IAN HOLDING OUT FIVE POUNDS]
    SYED: Thank you.
    IAN: I wasn’t thinking. There’s been a lot of...stuff going on. My head was...it was like I was gonna...
    SYED: Explode?
    IAN: Yeah.
    [A MOMENT. SYED STANDS, TURNS TO HIM, TAKES THE MONEY]
    SYED: Sorry about Ben.
    IAN: Me, too.
    SYED: Five months?
    IAN: Eight in total.
    SYED: And then it’s over?
    IAN: Yeah.
    SYED: At least that’s something.
    [IAN SHOOTS HIM A LOOK, BUT SYED STARES AHEAD, NOT GIVING ANYTHING AWAY]
    SYED: Still feel like exploding?
    IAN: Not any more. (off Syed’s look) Got tired...doing nothing. Soaking it up.
    SYED: Does your head in.
    [THEY WATCH IDLY AS JEAN AND STACEY WALK PAST ON THEIR WAY HOME]
    IAN: You, too? (Syed nods) So do something about it. I did.
    SYED: And?
    [IAN JUST SMILES, PLEASED WITH HIMSELF. A BEAT, THEN HE GOES. SYED LOOKS AT NO. 41]
    OMG I've just seen this!!!!:eek: I'm actually speechless... I'm squeeing and smiling at how brilliant these scenes are but I want to weep and/or commit acts of extreme violence about the fact that they were cut. I mean, seriously, Kirkwood, wtactualf?!!! *it's late and I'm tired so just insert stock Kirkwood rant here*

Thank you so much Alex and AussieEnder (congrats btw! :D) for sharing this (and to the lovely NHB of course) :) Despite the frustration of not seeing it on screen, it's still brilliant and amazing to get new canon Chryed :D
    :D:D
  • AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't just lurk. I have to say how odd it is coming home after a night out, checking the thread and finding loads of new posts to read.
    Odd. But in a really good way. :D
    Forum Member
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    OMG I've just seen this!!!!:eek: I'm actually speechless... I'm squeeing and smiling at how brilliant these scenes are but I want to weep and/or commit acts of extreme violence about the fact that they were cut. I mean, seriously, Kirkwood, wtactualf?!!! *it's late and I'm tired so just insert stock Kirkwood rant here*

Thank you so much Alex and AussieEnder (congrats btw! :D) for sharing this (and to the lovely NHB of course) :) Despite the frustration of not seeing it on screen, it's still brilliant and amazing to get new canon Chryed :D
    :D:D
    I agree TOTALLY. :mad: SO much agony, and SO much ecstasy. :eek::cry: I am emotionally "all over the place like a mad woman's custard" as they say in my crazy family. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    I also thought I'd share this too.
    I copied and put into a document lots of the comments people posted over the weekend about Pete's missing scene.
    I sent it to him as a thank you, and to show him how much it meant to us. Here is his reply:

"What a lovely email! Can't believe the excitement, though it shouldn't surprise me knowing your passion and tendency towards bonkersness. Very glad to have been able to put some smiles on some faces. And amazing the auction raised that amount. Incredible. Hope you're really proud.

Thanks for taking the trouble to put together those responses for me. All the best,

Pete x"

Gotta love that man. : D
    Aww...and this is why we call him AwesomeLawson : D And cos it rhymes obviously but still...:sleep: :p
    Okay, as discussed, I've started to put together a rewatch schedule for rewatching from the beginning, which you can find here.

It's not finished yet - haven't had as much time this week as I'd hoped - but is the first chunk of the storyline, up to the Wedding. I will eventually go up to Chryed's final episodes (even though I may not be watching them with you! : p)

The schedule works out at approx. 15-20 minutes a day, sometimes a bit longer or shorter to make the episodes make sense.

The episode numberings and clip lengths all refer to Loo's yt channel - if you don't know what this is, PM me! (Or the youtube search function is your friend...) I've started right from the point Syed came into the show, and have included the Masood/Beale family scenes rather than just the short Chryed versions of the clips for two main reasons:
    • Because I think it would be fun to see them again as they're not rewatched as often, and to see the Chryed clips in context of the wider stuff
    • To space things out a bit - if people want to catch up, it gives them a few clips they can skip if need be!

I've spaced it out so that there is at least one clip featuring C and/or S on any given day however.

It starts this weekend, Saturday 26 October (the anniversary of ChryedCon). Do feel free to dip in and out as you want, and to post your thoughts/feelings on the thread (or not!). Spread the word, and hope to see some of you joining in! : )
    Thanks for this, Dessie :) I probably won't be around much this weekend but will definitely try to catch up if I can, and join in over the next few weeks : )

I couldn't just lurk. I have to say how odd it is coming home after a night out, checking the thread and finding loads of new posts to read.
    Odd. But in a really good way. : D
    I know what you mean, I can't remember the last time I had three pages to catch up on!:eek: I can learn to live with it (again) though :p
    mozzie wrote: »
    I agree TOTALLY. :mad: SO much agony, and SO much ecstasy. :eek:: cry: I am emotionally "all over the place like a mad woman's custard" as they say in my crazy family. ; )
    Hi, welcome to the thread :) It's brilliant that people are still joining almost a year after the boys left: D

I have no idea what BIB means but it made me LOL:D

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about the good old smiley limit -_- Apologies for deleting : o
    Forum Member
    Hello, Jack Nasty, and thanks. Been with EE, and our boys from the beginning, (old alert :eek:), only got my laptop two years ago, and 'til now have only ever dared come out of my cave on fb, made a fool of myself there MANY times, so I've been lurking/browsing and hiding. Think I might have left it a little late to take in all this tech info, but I would do anything to hold on to our boys. Just can't let go.:cry: Love them so.:)
    Forum Member
    Laura and anyone else wanting to watch the early Christian clips as well - they are all on yt, but on a different channel to the one we're using for the rewatch. (LL has some of the early 2008 stuff actually, but not the stuff inbetween.) I obviously don't want to link it here - I'll send you the link and anyone else who needs it can PM me. :)
    Forum Member
    Laura and anyone else wanting to watch the early Christian clips as well - they are all on yt, but on a different channel to the one we're using for the rewatch. (LL has some of the early 2008 stuff actually, but not the stuff inbetween.) I obviously don't want to link it here - I'll send you the link and anyone else who needs it can PM me. :)
    This is going to be SO much fun. :) I'd love to see what early stuff I may have missed. Makes the overall effect they had on each other all the more glorious to see. ;):p Oh, the changes each created in the other, just wonderful to watch....again :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning. :)

xxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've sent a message to the mods asking for a new thread.

xxxxx
    Forum Member
    Morning. :)

xxxxx
    And a very GOOD one, I hope. :D G'day guys, gone 11pm here, and almost time for my 'Granny Nap'. ;) Should be back in time to 'enjoy the view'. lol. Have a great afternoon everyone. Catch you later. :) xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mozzie wrote: »
    And a very GOOD one, I hope. :D G'day guys, gone 11pm here, and almost time for my 'Granny Nap'. ;) Should be back in time to 'enjoy the view'. lol. Have a great afternoon everyone. Catch you later. :) xx

It would be good if I didn't have an essay to write. :( So weird saying goodnight to you when it's the afternoon here, but oh well. Goodnight. :)

xxxxx
    Forum Member
    A reminder that the group rewatch starts tonight at 6pm! (Or whatever time you get a chance to watch them.) We will be watching these two clips:

CHRYED - C & S story 1 - 20 april 2009*
    CHRYED - C & S story 2 - Apr 21 2009*

...which unfortunately feature zero Christian and about 20 seconds worth of Syed, but are a good place to start. :) For those of you jonesing for some more actual Chr or Yed and who have some time to kill, might be a good night to watch Christian's very first episodes as well?

*Another gentle reminder for anyone who needs it that the youtube search box is your friend.

(Posting this early as I'm going out and probably won't be back by 6 - if the thread splits, could someone please post the above info in the new thread? Thanks!)