Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Did anyone else watch that BBC program about the National Theatre? Marc was in it! He was in the section that did a scene for the History Boys, with James Corden. :D:)

I didn't see it but I've uploaded the HB bit for everyone if anyone missed it or wants to see it again :)

http://youtu.be/GzK9Rx9zGVI
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I didn't see it but I've uploaded the HB bit for everyone if anyone missed it or wants to see it again :)

Thank you, Laura!
  • Options
    AussieEnderAussieEnder Posts: 347
    Forum Member

Hugs from Down Under :D So good of you to upload this so quickly x
  • Options
    mozziemozzie Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Hugs from Down Under :D So good of you to upload this so quickly x

I second that, from WAY down here. This is SO very much appreciated Laura. Thank you, thank you, thank you. xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad I saw Marc on stage, I think it's the first time. He has had more dialogue than some episodes of Eastenders
    in the last year.
    Congratulations on the celebration! I find it very exciting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly who me, you should not cross your eyes, you can miss the details
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No worries for the Marc clip! :)

Also, as well as being able to be nominated for Best Actor in a Musical, you can also nominate Johnny's one man show Dames n Dudes for Best Solo performance in the WOS awards.... awards.whatsonstage.com :)

Beautiful day today, I think I might watch some more old clips a bit later :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just watching old Christian clips.

7th March 2008. Ian buys Jane some flowers to apologise for his recent dalliance with Claire. "These are for you." Once Ian leaves, Christian comments to Jane: "I mean, what is it with straight blokes and flowers? Where do they learn that a bunch of dead daisies somehow gets them out of trouble? I never bought anyone flowers. EVER."

27th January 2011. Syed meets Christian in the Vic for lunch. As Syed sits down, Christian puts a bunch of flowers down on the table. "Got you these," he says, by way of apology for an argument they had earlier.

LOVE THIS. Who'd have thought that Ian, of all people, would have taught Christian all about buying flowers to get yourself out of trouble?! :p
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly who me, you should not cross your eyes, you can miss the details

:D This made me laugh and you are so right.:D

Just had to share this picture tweeted by clivemerrison and retweeted by summer (thanks both)

https://twitter.com/clivemerrison/status/396961552693075968/photo/1

Wow what a picture (flash bang wallop:D) Alan Bennett, Ralph Fiennes, Derek Jacobi, Maggie Smith, I think Rory Kinnear? all at their separate windows.

What a show although due to Arsenal being on live sky (top by five points this feels strange! but lovely:D), a firework party, a country pub drive last night and Halloween Strictly I'm still catching up!

Such talent last night, Joan Plowright so moving, Derek Jacobi and Michael Gambon just wonderful. So brilliant to have Alan Bennett on stage with his History Boys. I'll shut up now you all watched too.:o

Apparently in one review it says someone had tweeted... "Can someone point out to David Cameron that #nt50 is still trending the morning after. Yes Prime Minister. Britain DOES care about the Arts".

Lovely to see Marc...what a thing to have been a part of and nice that Philip Correia from his group of History Boys was there with him and again also in The Mysteries chorus. I don't know why but they made me think of two naughty boys at the back.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DLqXHQ2m4
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon - thought I'd pop by for a while. I've loved seeing some posting going on, thank you all for posting, hope everyone is well- posters and possible lurkers. And thanks for info and stuff too!

I've caught up with the clips up til yesterday so I'll probably start rambling on - apologises in advance :o
    It makes sense when you think about it, though. Like, on the flipside, how many times does he actually properly cry? Once, during 'how could I possibly feel worse than I do right now?' I mean, he tried to kill himself and came home to his mother setting fire to his clothes, and all he did was tear up. Like Laura says, the only time he really tends to lose control of his feelings is when he's angry. Marc is so good, though- you could always tell when he was absolutely devastated or ecstatically happy, even when he wasn't breaking down crying or jumping up and down with joy.
    BiB: This so much! You really could always tell! I love the way both Marc and Johnny managed to make me feel just what Syed and Christian was feeling even when the storylines and individual scripts let them down. They were so good at that ( I guess they were sort of forced to be :rolleyes: ). And OMG, Marcs famous Syed-is-completely- blissed out- and-drunk-on-love-look! I miss it!
    rome81 wrote: »
    Love how Syed basically says to Z (when trying to set him up with Bushra's daughters) that you can't force love and he'll know it when it comes. Yes he will :D
    I suppose the way he throws the word love around in these early scenes, and later on as well when he talks about Amira, is a significant contrast to how long it takes him to say that word to the person he REALLY loves.

Lovely to see Parveen again. Too bad she didn't get a bigger part later on, would have been interesting.

Sorry, cut a bit for space but thank you for writing this.

Syed really does throw that love-word around a lot when it comes to Amira, doesn't he? I guess he's working really, really hard to convince himself too...
    Must say that I'd love it if the fact that he takes so long to say it and for such a long time says it so rarely to Christian was actually really consciously done from tptb to contrast and to point out the significance and truth of that very genuine love. Wonder if it was...

It's also a bit funny to me that Syed first tells Zainab that he doesn't want love forced upon him and that it has to come naturally (paraphrasing but you know what I mean) and then just a little bit later he is making all the businessplans for Qadim, trying to impress him and Amira, working hard to prove himself and through that persuading them/her to take him back. Total contrast to the scene with Zainab just before, and a pretty subtle way of telling us that the thing with Amira was never really real. Hah!

And Syed putting his foot in it with Parveen, funny. Oh Syed, model of tact weren't you always... I loved seeing Parveen again too, I wish we'd had more of her. She could have been a true friend to Syed.

Thank you so much for this, Laura! Wonderful to see Marc again - I've missed his face and his voice being in my life...

Warning - rant alert!
    Watching these early clips have made me realise, as you've discussed earlier, just how much and how early and how consistantly Bushra was always used to represent the expectations, limits and the restictions that Syed, and to an ever higher degree Zainab, would have to break through to be free. Even from the very first mention of her and then meeting her when MQ is catering Ronnies charity function and how she affects Zainab... (interesting to me is also that Bushra points out to Zainab that she is "an old friend", ie someone Zainab should sort of "stick to" and fit in with and be on the good side of. The pretence that this is real friendship, that it is something good). And then of course, immediately, comes the talk of Syed being unmarried and of Bushras daughters, again; she represents all of the "should be", the mold you have to fit into aso.

She's of course also used in this way at the "Bushra-party" where Christian refuses to play by her (and Zainabs) rules, to conform to these restriction by being open about being gay and not ashamed of that (and pays the prize for doing that). It runs through the whole story (good hips and stringy meat not forgotten of course) right up to that almighty final slap from Zainab in October 2011(that is still the last there was of Bushra if I'm not mistaken? Correct me if I'm wrong!), where Z finally gets to slap all of those fake preconcieved notions about what you should (and need to, really) be and do, and the need to be accepted by "the community" in that way right in the face.

Ooops, rant... And nothing making any sense as per...But I warned you, I did. Sorry all, but you are free to ignore all of it of course :p

Have a lovely time all.
    Love is prevailing xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    27th March 2008. Christian has pulled some beautiful but dim guy at a club and is telling Roxy that he's not going to see him again..."variety's the spice of life, love 'em leave 'em before they get to ya, that's my motto." Roxy wonders what happens if he lets the right one get away and he doesn't realise until it's too late. "There isn't a right one. Tried it with Ash, even his money couldn't keep me interested."

It's so fascinating to see how Christian used to be and knowing how his time in Walford ends! From one night stands to devoted family man! :):)
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone
    I just wanted to come on and say that I took great pleasure in transferring £500 to Imaan today - the total sum raised by our CCC charity auction and donations made over CCC weekend.
    I emailed them to let them know that the Chryed fans are very proud and happy to continue supporting the important work that they do.
    Pat yourselves on the back Chryedville. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    27th March 2008. Christian has pulled some beautiful but dim guy at a club and is telling Roxy that he's not going to see him again..."variety's the spice of life, love 'em leave 'em before they get to ya, that's my motto." Roxy wonders what happens if he lets the right one get away and he doesn't realise until it's too late. "There isn't a right one. Tried it with Ash, even his money couldn't keep me interested."

It's so fascinating to see how Christian used to be and knowing how his time in Walford ends! From one night stands to devoted family man! :):)

OMG, I was just watching this ep. a couple of days ago!! There isn't a right one. What brilliant foreshadowing that was!! lol
  • Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I just wanted to come on and say that I took great pleasure in transferring £500 to Imaan today - the total sum raised by our CCC charity auction and donations made over CCC weekend.
    I emailed them to let them know that the Chryed fans are very proud and happy to continue supporting the important work that they do.
    Pat yourselves on the back Chryedville. :D

That's great Alex :D

Right, just watched today's clips. This time all Christian, no Syed.

I remember this stuff happening, with the caff burning down and Christian not wanting Ian to know. He acts guilty, like it's his fault somehow. But why would it be :confused:

So what if he left Heather in charge, he could hardly be at all places at once. I remember thinking that at the time as well.

Seeing the clips out of context, with Nick holding up the place, it's hard to take it seriously. Though in all honesty, I think I felt it was a bit silly the first time as well. Soap and "stunts" usually don't mix all that well :rolleyes:
  • Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, i need to be a bit more specific I think :rolleyes:

Of course I understand why Christian would feel responsible for the fire and the hold up, to everyone who was in there. That's how it works, you feel responsible for something like that, wether you are or not.

But why does he feel like that toward Ian :confused:
    That's what I don't understand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    watched some more old Christian clips this evening, now up to the Steven stuff. omg so funny when Christian catches Steven naked in his bed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's funny! I have the feeling of having stepped back in time, seeing
    Marc shaved and the back hairline on the left side, gives a
    more formal. I guess it must have been exciting for him
    reconnect with old friends on stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God, I'm in a state of sock now, I just saw the photos of Marc with
    Nina at the exit of the studies.As can be so good!
    I bet it would have shown so at the time, had won the
    sexiest man award. No wonder that Christian lost his head
    him, who would not. By the way the shirt looks like that John wore and
    add that the pants he wore in the series will feel better than he
    used to using narrow leg
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final thanks from our CCC weekend.
    I sent selected posts, with usernames removed, to Pete Lawson and Nick Hicks-Beach to show them how much their writing and contribution was appreciated. Here are their replies.

Pete:
    What a lovely email! Can't believe the excitement, though it shouldn't surprise me knowing your passion and tendency towards bonkersness. Very glad to have been able to put some smiles on some faces. And amazing the auction raised that amount. Incredible. Hope you're really proud.

Nick:
    Thanks so much for this. It's actually very humbling to read these--and your analysis is fantastic and, again, very moving to read.
    I'm glad the weekend went well, and delighted to have helped raise a bit of money, too. Thank you for asking me to be a part of it.

Have I mentioned how much love I have for these guys?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks to Pete and everyone else who made it still
    We can keep dreaming.
    ** Yesterday I found no better way to spend free time, to figure out that
    moment of photo shooting belonged Marc and Nina. Son Episode
    in which Christian and Syed are about to kiss in the kitchen and Zainab them
    interrupted (I'll never forgive) Marc was particularly handsome in that
    time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I wish there was more activity around here so I could chat with somebody. :p I've been watching old parts of the storyline before bed most evenings and I think today, while it's reading week and I'm procrastinating work, I'm gonna take the plunge and watch the last six months of Chryed which I never watched at the time.

The old stuff is unspeakably cute. One of my favourites upon rewatching is the episode when Christian goes to the mosque. He's just trying so hard and being so sweet. And Syed obviously appreciates it but it's still a bit awkward to talk about it and all. Because I doubt he really expects Christian to go to the local library and find a book on gay muslims who have accepted their sexuality and their personal experiences on it. Or a book called Islam for Dummies. Maybe he did try the library and then resorted to the mosque because I doubt it was a very helpful resource.

So life update... It's funny to think how much has happened in my life since I stopped being really into Chryed - since then a very big part of my life came and went, my rabbit Linus. :sleep: I really miss that guy. :cry: On the bright side, last week I got two dwarf hamsters 'cos I needed some company in my lonely little apartment. They're really cute and their bums waggle in a really funny way when they're running about.
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rome81 wrote: »
    Hang on, i need to be a bit more specific I think :rolleyes:

Of course I understand why Christian would feel responsible for the fire and the hold up, to everyone who was in there. That's how it works, you feel responsible for something like that, wether you are or not.

But why does he feel like that toward Ian :confused:
    That's what I don't understand.

The thing I don't understand is why everyone else blames him! I totally get Christian feeling guilty but why did Max and Mo and whoever else have a go?! And then Heather being all 'I could have died in there' as if Christian locked her in or something! So stupid. That whole thing was a bit ridiculous :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    The thing I don't understand is why everyone else blames him! I totally get Christian feeling guilty but why did Max and Mo and whoever else have a go?! And then Heather being all 'I could have died in there' as if Christian locked her in or something! So stupid. That whole thing was a bit ridiculous :o

This reminds me of the good old days on DS when haters would blame Christian for everything :p he even got the blame for Heather's murder!

He's obviously just one of those guys who people find it easy to blame for everything that goes wrong :(

*waves* hello AlpineRidge! Interested to hear your thoughts on Chryed's last 6 months when you watch it!
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This reminds me of the good old days on DS when haters would blame Christian for everything :p he even got the blame for Heather's murder!

He's obviously just one of those guys who people find it easy to blame for everything that goes wrong :(

*waves* hello AlpineRidge! Interested to hear your thoughts on Chryed's last 6 months when you watch it!

Christian being blamed for Heather's murder was one of the funniest things. I'm sure if you apply the degree of separation rule to all the murders that have happened you will find that Christian is a bonafide serial killer :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Christian being blamed for Heather's murder was one of the funniest things. I'm sure if you apply the degree of separation rule to all the murders that have happened you will find that Christian is a bonafide serial killer :cool:

It was totes Christian who killed Michael :cool: He clearly sent Michael psychotic that time when he walked in on him and Roxy together during the surrogacy storyline. Michael just wasn't the same since :(