Options

Hollyoaks Finn

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I could see her trying to blame Robbie somehow, like saying he provoked Finn, etc.

Or she might simply refuse to believe Finn raped JP and think It was consensual or that JP seduced her "poor, innocent" boy somehow.

I think she will go down the poor innocent Finn route. As she always thinks sinead can do no wrong.

Yay Jim's awake :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just want to emphasised that bullying a girl at school is completely different to anal rape. As a parent you could justify standing by your child for the former but the latter is much harder. You cannot compare the two situations.

bullying a girl who then tried to take her own life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I want them to keep finn for a good while and show another side to a rape plot not just some evil twisted psycho no one really knows who exits not long after - it will be interesting how it all works out and having Finns family in it as well as seeing john Paul's struggle. I hate that people always whinge that characters need to be sent to prison ASAP when they do something wrong - the real world isn't like that

I agree
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I hope Finn gets punished, goes to jail, doesn't get forgiven or get off lightly either.

If Diane does defend Finn believeing it or not then she is crazy to do that she'll be protecting a teen who could rape another person in the near future. Diane found out Sinead bullied Esther who tryed to kill herself, she was very angry with Sinead but ending up protecting her, tryed to put all the blame Ruby she was in the bulling so was Sinead. Protecting her vile bully step daughter Sinead just cost her teachers job she'll never get back, if she does protect Finn I can see her loseing Tony depending on how he takes the awful truth about Finn.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I think they could possibly keep Finn on if they showed him paying for his crime and getting counseling. Hopefully, Hollyoaks doesn't have him get away with it as easily as Sinead and Ruby did for bullying Esther.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt Finn will rape again otherwise the storyline will go off thee main part of the storyline/ won't just be about JP. but yeah seems like Finn is now suddenly being portrayed as a future psycho serial rapist.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may show Diane defending him but later have Finn blow up in a rage at her about something. Diane then might begin to think he could be guilty of the rape. I think he'll end up confessing to someone by accident when he's angry e.g Tony or Diane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gwenda wrote: »
    They may show Diane defending him but later have Finn blow up in a rage at her about something. Diane then might begin to think he could be guilty of the rape. I think he'll end up confessing to someone by accident when he's angry e.g Tony or Diane.

I reckon it will be Robbie who he confesses to or finds out first.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finn's a monster and I really hope that the truth comes out and he gets thrown into prison. The episodes were very powerful and my heart went straight out to poor John Paul. It's a shame he couldn't go through with giving the evidence and then Mercedes' gran unwittingly ruined things for him by washing his clothes. Actually - since it was his 16th birthday the night he attacked John Paul surely he would be sent to an adult prison rather than young offenders?
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Finn's a monster and I really hope that the truth comes out and he gets thrown into prison. The episodes were very powerful and my heart went straight out to poor John Paul. It's a shame he couldn't go through with giving the evidence and then Mercedes' gran unwittingly ruined things for him by washing his clothes. Actually - since it was his 16th birthday the night he attacked John Paul surely he would be sent to an adult prison rather than young offenders?
    I don't think so. You're not an adult till you're eighteen.

When John Paul suddenly left the hospital, they had already taken one swab, hadn't they? Wouldn't that be enough to get the DNA to identify the rapist?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they are housed in young offenders until they 21.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't think so. You're not an adult till you're eighteen.

When John Paul suddenly left the hospital, they had already taken one swab, hadn't they? Wouldn't that be enough to get the DNA to identify the rapist?

I hope so, and oh right. I didn't realise the legal age for being an adult was now 18.
  • Options
    chasing_starschasing_stars Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Tonys reaction will be interesting as he was a friend of Luke Morgans, back in the day. So it wil be interesting if they show Tony's perception and reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonys reaction will be interesting as he was a friend of Luke Morgans, back in the day. So it wil be interesting if they show Tony's perception and reaction.

Who's Tony?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who's Tony?

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it is actually interesting more what will happen after the reveal how his family will react, but yeah it will probably be like Will they will probably disown him and the whole thing will be forgotten about in a matter of weeks, depending what they do with Finn's character, or I could see Diane blaming Robbie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamesalex wrote: »
    He will be punished, you can get away with murder in HO but not rape. I predict prison/young offenders or possibly a nervous breakdown and sectioning. I really hope they don't kill him as that's not a real punishment.
    Who knows what Diane will do, she defended Sinead after she caused Esther's suicide bid so who knows? Finn is still young, he can be rehabilitated so I would hope Diane will stand by him but not make excuses for him.

I agree, it isn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    Gosh I hate Finn, he makes my skin crawl every time hes on, I hope he leaves at the end of the year when the story is done, hes truly a sick individual, Robbie too>:(

Can't agree with the bit in bold but I agree with the rest of what you say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's Tony?
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Don't worry I know now - Diane's fiancée/boyfriend, possible stepfather to Finn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Diane tried to put it all on ruby. Because of her teachers job. That's not really defending sinead. She will make excuses, as she has already jumped to the conclusion that Finn and Jp have slept together before.

yeah she did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't worry I know now - Diane's fiancée/boyfriend, possible stepfather to Finn.

yep...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    He's too young for prison. He'll go to a young offenders' institute, I imagine. I can't see Hollyoaks letting him get away with this crime. It might be perceived as putting people off reporting a rape.

Like you, I hate the way they changed Finn's character to suit the story they wanted to tell, but Keith Rice is a terrific young actor. He's tackling a very difficult job for one so young, and he's playing a blinder

They obviously decided Keith was the best person to play Finn and to be fair, most rapes are committed for the power and control so for that reason, you would expect the rapist to be callous, cold hearted and remorseless afterwards and to revel in having power/control over their victim - from that perspective, Finn's character change (hardened after the rape) is not entirely unrealistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They obviously decided Keith was the best person to play Finn and to be fair, most rapes are committed for the power and control so for that reason, you would expect the rapist to be callous, cold hearted and remorseless afterwards and to revel in having power/control over their victim - from that perspective, Finn's character change (hardened after the rape) is not entirely unrealistic.

but they still changed his character to suit this storyline, I here some people saying Keith is an awful actor (but I couldn't disagree more) and that it should of been the actor playing Robbie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    but they still changed his character to suit this storyline, I here some people saying Keith is an awful actor (but I couldn't disagree more) and that it should of been the actor playing Robbie.

Keith is a terrific actor and I don't think rape would fit Robbie's character for all that he winds people up and puts on a tough front etc. With Finn, there were indications that he could turn to violence i.e. attacking Nana. IMO they should have brought Finn in first and had him as the main bully, Robbie as his reluctant hanger on, doing nothing more than winding people up and playing childish pranks and then Robbie be a reluctant accomplice to robbery that went wrong, Finn attacks Nana and Robbie stops him, JP find out about attack and Finn order Robbie to wait outside and then have him assault and rape JP and forget that nonsense about Finn being fine with JP at first etc. Then nobody would moan about Finn's "character change" and more people would like Robbie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keith is a terrific actor and I don't think rape would fit Robbie's character for all that he winds people up and puts on a tough front etc. With Finn, there were indications that he could turn to violence i.e. attacking Nana. IMO they should have brought Finn in first and had him as the main bully, Robbie as his reluctant hanger on, doing nothing more than winding people up and playing childish pranks and then Robbie be a reluctant accomplice to robbery that went wrong, Finn attacks Nana and Robbie stops him, JP find out about attack and Finn order Robbie to wait outside and then have him assault and rape JP and forget that nonsense about Finn being fine with JP at first etc. Then nobody would moan about Finn's "character change" and more people would like Robbie.

what do you mean bring Finn in first? they brought Finn in long before Robbie, Keith Rice is the 2nd actor playing the character, so it would of been out of character just turn him suddenly into a bully either way.