Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Star Trek: Into Darkness. Just terrible 4/10
    World's End. Kind of came across as the film was made just so it could have a great 90s soundtrack. Got a lot better towards the end. 7/10
    The Matrix: Reloaded. What the hell did I watch? 1/10
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 374,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad.

I think its one of the best films ever made :cool:
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Counselor [2013]

7/10

I expected more somehow.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Railway Man.

Saw Devils Due recently along with about 50 largely younger viewers who fidgeted giggled, looked at their phones and did just about anything other than watch the film. Today about 50 largely older people who watched all the way through impeccably though there were a few teary sniffles. Make of that what you will.

Anyway you would have to be quite hard not to be moved by the eventual message delivered by The Railway Man. One scene is particularly hard to watch being of a specific method of torture, which I have to say I didn't previously know the mechanics of and now I do, I don't want to revisit. Ultimately uplifting though and based on truth which always adds to the experience.

Worth a view imo.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad.

I think its one of the best films ever made :cool:

Liked Seventh Voyage, but for me "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" was better ;-)

As a kid I was mortified when the "Good" monster (Eagle I think) was "unfairly" attacked by the evil Koura (should have been a red card imo)

Caroline Munro is terrific eye candy too. Still acting now in her sixties with a couple of films in post-production according to IMDb.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Towrope (La Sirga) (2012) 8/10
    Diana (2013) 4/10
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Counsellor - Most bizarre film I've seen in a long time :o

3/10
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita, Sue and Bob Too
    seen it a number of times and it always raises a chuckle with the girls antics with Bob the married man
    6/10
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Departures

Best film I've seen so far this year, I loved it.
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Road Of No Return ( 2009) - 8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Grease ( on film 4 other night, but i caught it on film 4 +1 channel)..Love this film to rewatch over and over
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE WOLVERINE - 8/10
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 7ninetenths/10

interesting duo this, the first continuing on from Xmen3, with logan traumatised from the events of that ..... and always plays this role well, and it was a very good movie .....

but i thought the "villians" were a little under cooked, VIPER being very charismatic and the whole family drama played out in an interesting way ..... and there is nothing you can latch onto when the REVEAL comes about, well to me anyway :D

and there's the end titles ..... :kitty:

now being a big fan of the sam raini SM, this turned out to be an interesting take, taking it into the dreaded darker route, but still having that playfullness to it.

but sometimes it i VERY clumsy in it's writing (the bridge), but loved the first person view for spider-man ..... andrew garfield plays coy and shy as if his LIFE depended on it, he and emma stone have terrific fun playing off each other and denis leary playing it DEAD STRAIGHT :o

sometimes the logic of curt conners is a bit off, but has that quiet presence, and the lizard is a fine antagonist .....

some excellent action scenes, and with another "sting in the tail", this is a nice addition to the whole franchise!

looking forward to see both AS2 and XM days of future past
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just seen The Jungle Book first time in ages since being a kid like over 20 years ago and it was really good I gave it a 7 out of 10 to.
    In fact it went to quick shame it was not longer.
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spit on your grave - The original. 7/10.
    Not bad, having seen the remakes I wanted to see how they compare to the original.I prefer the remake though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Alien Resurrection

seen all these films now, not bad..Next i will do another rerun of the Saw films as i'm off work soon, so will watch one a night :D
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 374,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas :)
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volcano [1997]. Director: Mick Jackson

6/10

The filmmakers have fun blowing up bits of Los Angeles.

Eastern Promises [2007]. Director: David Cronenberg

8/10

London nurse gets involved with the Russian Mafia. The dialect coach must have been kept busy with the American/French/German/Polish/Australian/Irish cast.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ukamau (1966) 8/10
    Little Flower On A Stone (Tsvetok na kamne) (1962) 7/10
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wolf of Wall Street 7/10. I didnt love it but I did enjoy it, some parts felt slow. Going by what people have been saying I expected Leo to be out this this world but I didnt think he was spectacular. One of his best performaces though. Still maintain I want the Oscar to go to matthew mcounaghy.

Margot robbie was a scene stealer for me. Hopefully she chooses good roles and goes far. Loved jean dujardin as well but I just adore him in general lol.
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    West Side Story (1961) - 8/10
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Shock Treatment 10/10

Great Saturday night Satire, it takes the piss of telly and was premptive in taking the piss out of xfactor and the voice!

Hats off to Richard o brien!

The me of me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oblivion 0/10 - Tom Cruise on a massive ego trip - bad enough to make me resolve to avoid any of his future offerings.
    Tombstone 9/10 - one of my favourite films. Loved Val Kilmer's performance as Doc Holliday in this - he was never this good again, imo.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homefront [2013]

8/10

Very entertaining!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Double bill last night
    Thor:The Dark World couldnt get into it, too much a kids film 6/10
    Homefront, Statham kicking ass, perfect Saturday night entertainment 8/10
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sessions 4/10 quite a depressing film I guessed the ending straight away. My favourite film is The Diving Bell and The Butterfly which is similar type of story.
This discussion has been closed.