Well Done Chris!!

2»

Comments

• len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without even commenting on anyone in particular , a casual observer of the show could see that the judges seemed to be very biased in their evaluations . I think it was really courageous of Chris to actually call bull"£$% on this .
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    Without even commenting on anyone in particular , a casual observer of the show could see that the judges seemed to be very biased in their evaluations . I think it was really courageous of Chris to actually call bull"£$% on this .

Well not really, it is the last series so Chris has nothing to lose.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I haven't got much to add except I agreed with every word Chris said.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Chris - that was brilliant.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's just completely out of her depth and is following what the other judges are doing (or what she thinks they're going to do). Her 10 for Ray's petrified flying was hilarious.

And then trying to justify the 10 by saying how great his transitions were, followed by Robin saying how crap his transitions were!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    maureens wrote: »
    He really seemed so annoyed with the judges , pointing at them and raised his voice that what Beth did was the hard routine and deserved 10;s and said he would have given 10;S(or words to that effect) Ashley is dreadful , WTF she is sat there on the judges panel is one of life's mysteries to me and WTF does she know to get that job??

thank you

he seems able to stick up the judges, he said Sam should have got a 10 a couple of weeks ago.
    I'm glad he stuck up for her as Beth is better than Hayley
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    And then trying to justify the 10 by saying how great his transitions were, followed by Robin saying how crap his transitions were!

I laughted at that too :D
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That may have been highlight of this series for me LOL.

It's about time somebody said it. And we can slag off Jason & Ashleigh all we want but why don't the skating judges at least truly acknowledge Beth's skills - she is best female technical skater they have had across all series & this should have been pointed out this series & last.

And why is it OK for Hayley not to have full package but not Beth? Would rather have an adept skater in final than someone who can perform but whose skating is fairly limited.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree it was definitely overdue. Well done Chris.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you

he seems able to stick up the judges, he said Sam should have got a 10 a couple of weeks ago.
    I'm glad he stuck up for her as Beth is better than Hayley

I know people can" think" programmes are biased, but this is definately biased it is so blatant, they give OTT praise to their favourites and slate who they dont like, Chris just threw a spanner in the works and spoke out what many people have seen for weeks, and just hope the skate off is two of the judges favourites;-)
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    I was also surprised at the aggressiveness in his voice when he made the comment, definitely an unscripted moment.

He was completely right of course, I have now spent a weeks pocket money voting for Beth.:)
  • Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad someone finally said something about Beth lack of marks, even more happy when Chris said it. :D Go Chris!
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris has been saying how good Beth is for at least a couple of weeks now, but until today his remarks have quickly been passed over.
    Probably why he spoke loudly tonight. To make sure he wasn't ignored.
    Nice one Chris!
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    No way should there be a skate off for final 3 .... Sounds like the judges haven't forgiven Beth for beating their favourite last year :(
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Wow Jayne saying Beth was under marked as well.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I hope Chris has done enough to make the voting public stop and think. The gruesome twosome were the same towards Keiran ...........well out of order - Jason in paricular is an odious, poisonous individual!
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    No way should there be a skate off for final 3 .... Sounds like the judges haven't forgiven Beth for beating their favourite last year :(

i've forgotten already .........who was that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've forgotten already .........who was that?

Matt Whatisname, whom Brianne was shagging.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Matt Whatisname, whom Brianne was shagging.

But actually shagging this time, not pretend shagging like with Sam :D
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I wasn't going to vote this week but that scoring certainly made me me vote for Beth.
    Cranfield wrote: »
    I was also surprised at the aggressiveness in his voice when he made the comment, definitely an unscripted moment.

He was completely right of course, I have now spent a weeks pocket money voting for Beth.:)
    Thank you both. Every vote for Beth was crucial tonight.
    And I sincerely hope that ITV publish the voting percentages this year. It will be extremely interesting to see tonight's. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »
    Thank you both. Every vote for Beth was crucial tonight.
    And I sincerely hope that ITV publish the voting percentages this year. It will be extremely interesting to see tonight's. :)

Beth was in the bottom of the leader board last week and was saved, i believe she has actually been topping the votes each week if not definately top two.
  • coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    What really bugs me about it is that I find Hayley's 'performance skills' cringe inducing. She could catch flies with that open gob and her overacting is hilarious.

Agreed, but I fear Smiley Hayley could win the whole thing...with Beth second. Oh dear!
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »

They had form for that though. Robin telling us transitions were what mattered - after they all threw marks at Hayley for a routine where she transitted precisely once - from being upright and airborne, to standing still on the ice, before being lfted off again.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladygardener
    Beth's skating is almost on a par with Ray's
    No way.

Well Chris pointed out that Beth had the most technical routines and should have been marked with 10's, and I guess he knows what he's talking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Chris pointed out that Beth had the most technical routines and should have been marked with 10's, and I guess he knows what he's talking about.

Beth said hearing Chris say that is like a 10 for her, if i was going to be praised i would rather have the praise from, Chris and Jayne than that shower of so-called Judges! Im disappointed in Robin TBH he should know how hard it is to do certain moves..