Celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Remembrance Special

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
on in 10 minutes, anyone going to be watching?

not sure if it's live or not :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not live. They recorded the show last night (Tuesday). Which is why there is no viewer competition. Everything will go to charity,
  • TalbertTalbert Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to tell Tarrant that this doesn't work any more...

and that he appears to be having a breakdown much like Edmunds is on Deal Or No Deal
  • RegTumblerRegTumbler Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Even though it is for a very worthwhile cause, the general awfulness of the present celebrity WWTBAM format means I shall be viewing something else.
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much on - the Impressions Show is just shi'ite!

Hysterical to see Tarrant trying to get his face back on TV - for the past few years, it ahs been that the public can get lost so he can get celebs in. Now the public have tired of thick nobodies, he wants "the public" back. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Endemol or ITV want the public back, he has no control over the show whatsoever, he's just an overpaid employee.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it..I think the money should all go to charity anyway and the viewer thing always gets on my nerves
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch it, since I expected it to be the usual "aren't you absolutely wonderful" routine from CT, and a load of easy questions.

And a multi-millionaire contestant who got a question wrong weeping about the £2000 which now wouldn't go to the children.

Was I right? Or just being cynical?
  • ausfunausfun Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I didn't watch it, since I expected it to be the usual "aren't you absolutely wonderful" routine from CT, and a load of easy questions.

And a multi-millionaire contestant who got a question wrong weeping about the £2000 which now wouldn't go to the children.

I didn't watch it but I suspect youre right.

Personally Im tired of all these 'celebrity/charity' shows ........ its so boring. Unfortunately they bring in more ratings than 'average' people, so we are probably going to be stuck with them.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Worse thing about last night was when CT was introducing those WW2 veterans. The audience continued clapping loudly throughout the introduction by him, thus making him almost inaudible - why? This was extremely annoying and tiresome.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I doubt Melanie Sykes is a multi-millionaire..and none of them were weeping..they had a serviceperson with them rather than just 2 celebs answering questions. None of them acted spoilt
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Worse thing about last night was when CT was introducing those WW2 veterans. The audience continued clapping loudly throughout the introduction by him, thus making him almost inaudible - why? This was extremely annoying and tiresome.
    Well they wanted to show their respect for what the 3 men had achieved and I could still hear CT
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I doubt Melanie Sykes is a multi-millionaire..and none of them were weeping..they had a serviceperson with them rather than just 2 celebs answering questions. None of them acted spoilt

Well they wanted to show their respect for what the 3 men had achieved and I could still hear CT

Yes, so could we, just but it was difficult. You did not need constant clapping throughout the monologue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris said at the end of it, there's going to be a Christmas special as well
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I watched it. I used to love this show when it first launched but I think the format is a bit dated now. They either need to change the format or axe it altogether. Does anyone have the ratings for it yet?