Is there a soap character which you are overly passionate about?

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale:

Debbie Dingle - I loathe her with a passion and want to kick my tv screen when the stone faced harridan appears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both of mine are HO. never loved a character as much as i love brendan brady. (although i also love carla and used to love liam from corrie). never been so effortlessly infuriated by a character as i am theresa mcqueen:mad:. she needed to die a long time ago...
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bianca

yes, really:p

im bored of the poverty stuff:yawn::yawn::yawn: but she has had some great storylines in the past - dan, david wicks, fighting with sam over rickaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the early 90s, the whitney stuff, the catfights, she can turn on the waterworks a treat

and of course, her fabulously stylish wardrobe....
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I agree with you on Ian.

He is the one of the few EE characters who hasn't lost his iconic status.

carnt lose what you never had ;)
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek: Take that back:cry::D:D

Nah Ian is a legend all right- even people who dont watch EE know him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you on Ian.

He is the one of the few EE characters who hasn't lost his iconic status.

Agreed, when you see the likes of Kat and Bianca these days (though maybe Bianca to a lesser extent).

Ian may have been repetitive but always has been consistant I think- nobody really got bored of him because he has so many layers. When you think back to 1985, he was the Liam Butcher of last year (pre-gang, shy and well behaved) though much more successful with girls (Sharon and cousin Elizabeth)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »

This.

I loved it when Ian tricked Mel into marrying him, yet I still felt sorry for him despite the terrible thing he had done. To me that makes a great soap character and Adam is a great actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

to be fair he`s never going to be up there with the likes of dirty den,fat pat & get outta my pub peggy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lols!
    the only reason people know him is because he's been there for donkey's.

but he ain't no ken barlow. now there's a soap legend!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, when you see the likes of Kat and Bianca these days (though maybe Bianca to a lesser extent).

Ian may have been repetitive but always has been consistant I think- nobody really got bored of him because he has so many layers. When you think back to 1985, he was the Liam Butcher of last year (pre-gang, shy and well behaved) though much more successful with girls (Sharon and cousin Elizabeth)

I completely agree with you on this.

Kat was one of my favourite EE characters, but she was brought back by a producer who didn't understand her character. Yes she was always a slapper but deep down you knew she was a loving, caring person who would do anything for her family. Since she returned we seen none of that, just plain old vile slapper Kat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

I loved it when Ian tricked Mel into marrying him, yet I still felt sorry for him despite the terrible thing he had done. To me that makes a great soap character and Adam is a great actor.

Agreed. These days we have Kat whom we are supposed to feel sorry but don't whereas Ian was brilliant. He could be horrible to his family (like when he kicked Mark off the fruit and veg stall) and still loved him (when he agreed to take him back). Ian was brought up well and has a good sense of morals that, despite everything, has been fundamental to the character.
    to be fair he`s never going to be up there with the likes of dirty den,fat pat & get outta my pub peggy :D

Ian is different characterwise to those three and maybe not while they were around- but with a lack of legends this decade, I'd say Ian has a chance to match them. Still very popular even today
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely agree with you on this.

Kat was one of my favourite EE characters, but she was brought back by a producer who didn't understand her character. Yes she was always a slapper but deep down you knew she was a loving, caring person who would do anything for her family. Since she returned we seen none of that, just plain old vile slapper Kat.

That was a serious blow to the show imo. I think she can be redeemed but putting her and Alfie back together is wrong
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this might be a surprise, but I love Michael Moon

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. These days we have Kat whom we are supposed to feel sorry but don't whereas Ian was brilliant. He could be horrible to his family (like when he kicked Mark off the fruit and veg stall) and still loved him (when he agreed to take him back). Ian was brought up well and has a good sense of morals that, despite everything, has been fundamental to the character.

Ian is different characterwise to those three and maybe not while they were around- but with a lack of legends this decade, I'd say Ian has a chance to match them. Still very popular even today

yes but unlike the 3 i mentioned,ian seems to have become a glorified extra - someone EE Would never do to peggy,pat,pauline,den.Sharon seems to be going the same way as ian sadly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a serious blow to the show imo. I think she can be redeemed but putting her and Alfie back together is wrong

This.

Both Kat and Alfie would work better if they stayed apart. Alfie and Roxy worked well until TPTB turned Roxy into a cold, controlling, condesending b!tch.

PS finally reached 1000 posts. :D:cool:
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a complete fixation on Sophie and Sian from Corrie. It's getting really bad :cry:

:D but really, I love those two!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a complete fixation on Sophie and Sian from Corrie. It's getting really bad :cry:

:D but really, I love those two!

Aww there there you never know Sian might return at some point! ;) I used to fixate on what they could be doing when they went upstairs...I mean, there's so many board games they must have gotten through! :p
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I'm a little bit in love with Kylie from Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Becky from Corrie, I absolutely loved her. She's my favorite soap character of all-time.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I'm passionate about any soap character as such. I've had my favourites over the years depending on the storylines etc; Tanya being a current favourite despite her recent disappointing behaviour. I love Carla Connor's beautiful hair - I think it's absolutely gorgeous and come to think of it Poppy and Tanya also have nice hair. I hate Shirley - never liked her to begin with. My empathy with John Stape ran quite deep but that was empathy/compassion/friendship more than passion or anything like that - then again I don't love men. I do currently have similar empathy/compassion for Tyronne.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Z***** but she's left
    B*TCH!! I didn't mean it, come back :(
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,220
    Forum Member
    It's great that we've got an Ian Bealr lovefest going on!
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    My problem is that I hate so many of them and all with a passion. Shirley and Leanne are the Big Two but Simon The Brat, Emily Bishop and Horrible Eileen are not far behind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Oh, Fluffy dear, it's one for you :D:D:D

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
    [highlight]♥[/highlight]Saint Jude[highlight]♥[/highlight]
    =
    [highlight]♥[/highlight]True Love[highlight]♥[/highlight]

:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Emmerdale:

Debbie Dingle - I loathe her with a passion and want to kick my tv screen when the stone faced harridan appears.

Me too!

I hate how selfish, moody and arrogant she is. and what I hate mostly is how neglectful of her kids she is! Especially her new born.

And how condescending. And how she uses everyone. And how two-faced she is.
    You could argue with her and make some really good points to prove her wrong and she'd just stand up and yell in your face.

I suppose the advantage of hating her so much would be when a new super-bitch character arrives (or maybe one there already), she'll take on Debbie and win - and that'll be immensely satisfying.

I also hate how she has to have a huge storyline right after the whole Sarah illness/affair reveal. Why not let her be in the background for a bit?