Options

Kill Zone game

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Like I say that start bit is actually quite tough. You only need 2 things from the owl initially attack and zip line. Just master that and your scanner and you'll be fine. Follow your direction thing too obviously. It eventually becomes second nature. I beat the game on normal so not that hard. Stick with it is a good game but difficulty ramps up way late in it.

I really enjoyed this game, the later levels are even more fun than earlier too. I didn't like it when you didn't have the owl so much though.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'm on the fourth chapter now & still don't like it. I liked Killzone 3 & Mercenary but think that was mainly due to the novelties of using Move and the Vita. This looks great but just feels bland. I never liked the original Killzone or Killzone 2 either, I just don't think it's the series of games for me.
  • Options
    supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I'm on the fourth chapter now & still don't like it. I liked Killzone 3 & Mercenary but think that was mainly due to the novelties of using Move and the Vita. This looks great but just feels bland. I never liked the original Killzone or Killzone 2 either, I just don't think it's the series of games for me.

Me too.
    I so badly wanted to like this.
    It was my 1st PS4 game, looked beautiful..used all the new PS4 gadgets (light bar, touch pad)....but ultimately it just felt like a demo for some reason.
    I've made it to Chapter 6..and am determined to finish, but gaming shouldn't feel like a chore, and sadly this game is (for me).
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked kz2 and sf but didnt like 3, although to be fair I didn't give it much of a go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Shadow Fall is my least favourite in the series after Liberation.

1 is good
    L is HARD
    2 is a classic
    3 is fun
    M is great fun and a lot better than L
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SF is the only one I have managed to play through to the end, the rest I got bored half way through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    SF is the only one I have managed to play through to the end, the rest I got bored half way through.

Seems to be a bit of a marmite game. When I first started it I didn't get to grips with it and wasnt sure. I restarted and just got into it. The owl became second nature and I became determined to beat the game. The difficulty is a lot higher than cod or bf campaign so became a challenge. ....but I got there and felt like I achieved something by beating it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played some multiplayer this morning. Quite confusing at first but ok I guess. If they would only ditch that motion blur when you run as don't like it.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be a bit of a marmite game. When I first started it I didn't get to grips with it and wasnt sure. I restarted and just got into it. The owl became second nature and I became determined to beat the game. The difficulty is a lot higher than cod or bf campaign so became a challenge. ....but I got there and felt like I achieved something by beating it.

I think for the most part i'm bored of generic FPS games, I have CoD for the PS3 and PS4 but have yet to actually finish it, it's just so dull.

SF felt like something different and I actually thought the story was good and I enjoyed the stealth elements at the end, I hope the next game focuses more on that.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im having trouble sustaning interest in it myself.

Its ok and looks nice but......its missing something.

Then again I never finished KZ2 or 3. Only one I finished was KZ mecernary
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I started over again on this as I didn't have a clue what was going on. I'm now at the the start of chapter 4, just short of where I was before, and I still don't understand what's happening! lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now on chapter 6 and I'm enjoying the game now. Still unsure of what's really going on but I'm glad I gave it a second look
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Now on chapter 6 and I'm enjoying the game now. Still unsure of what's really going on but I'm glad I gave it a second look

Keep going but be carefull, it is a game which rewards taking care
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm just going to play through a chapter a day as they're quite long. Playing through on normal and not having any major problems at the minute besides working out where I've to go. The first level has actually been the toughest one out the lot do far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree omtt. I think that's what puts people off. That first level is probably a bit too hard when you aren't used to the owl. Once you get used to the owl you Can start to enjoy the game.
    The are a few hard moments still to come but you'll get there. ...if I did.
    As to where to go. Just call up the waypoint thing all the time. The little orange circle always show where to go.
    I noticed that bit where you rescued hostages you were using the stun function of the owl. I don't think I really used that. I just sent it in to attack all the time, but it Did appear to work out for you.
    I was wondering what lvl 6 was again so looked on youtube and the first walk through that came up was 58 mins long. Yip...chapters are long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha I didn't even mean to use the stun function! I didn't know it could do that. I must've still had it set from using it to hack or just pressed by accident. Haven't used the shield yet at all
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Forgot i still have this game to finish :O

Should see it out over the next few weeks before Watch Dogs comes out.

Seeing as there isn't much else coming out for now, and the fact i only have the paper trial to do on Infamous and also Ground Zero to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is only 15 quid pre owned at cex. Knack is 18 now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £12 now.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started over again on this as I didn't have a clue what was going on. I'm now at the the start of chapter 4, just short of where I was before, and I still don't understand what's happening! lol :D

I finished it last night and even now I've no idea what happened in it.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy it all that much. For a game that looks so amazing it felt so bland to me. Even though I only got half the collectibles I don't think I can be bothered to go back and get the rest, which is unusual for me.

I had a bit of a weird glitch on the final level
    The game didn't register that I'd picked up the sniper rifle or hacked the second console. I think it was down to me picking up an enemy rifle earlier. I had to restart the level from scratch, luckily it was a pretty short level.

I also had height issues too. Half the time I felt like I was crouching but when I went to stand it actually got lower. Yet when I captured the evil scientist I towered over her. Only a minor quibble I guess but still a bit off putting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another free map today for this. The canyon.

Really love the support on this game. Need to drag myself away from bf4 to play it though.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Another free map today for this. The canyon.

Really love the support on this game. Need to drag myself away from bf4 to play it though.
    Is it just me or is it a bit quiet online for a game that's not long been out ? Lately when I've been on the player count has been only been in the low to mid hundreds, which seems low.

I will check out the new map tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not cod or bf and also changed too much from kz2/3 for those players too. I think that's part of the reason they inject free maps.

I like it other than the motion blur when running and as I say, hard to drag myself away from bf4
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Couldn't find it on the phone so will take a look for it later on the beast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very hard game. Got my ass served to me on a plate earlier lol.