Robin & Jason you only have yourselves to blame

Tony_BurkeTony_Burke Posts: 99
Forum Member
They both said that neither of them should have been in the skate off. If they hadn't over marked Hayley then they both wouldn't have been in the skate off.

Comments

• maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony_Burke wrote: »
    They both said that neither of them should have been in the skate off. If they hadn't over marked Hayley then they both wouldn't have been in the skate off.

It annoys me when they say who should and should not be in the skate off(in other words their favouriites) , the public vote who they like so tough, i am so happy Beth got the vote, they had planned to send her home i think and Chris threw a spanner in the works..
  • gamestatsgamestats Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By inference they are saying that Beth and Hayley should have been in the SO. So how did Hayley get so many 10s if she should have been in SO - just to beat Beth?
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony_Burke wrote: »

IMO they didnt over mark Hayley & Dan and I doubt that was what they menat in any event. They clearly gave Beth the lowest marks so where probably expecting Beth & Sam bottom two and they'd have got rid of Beth.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand that, Sam was bottom of the leaderboard so surely he should have been in the skate off based on the original skates? :confused: By suggesting that those two shouldn't be in the skate off they're suggesting it should be Hayley v Beth, which seems a little strange considering how highly they scored Hayley tonight :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I don't understand that, Sam was bottom of the leaderboard so surely he should have been in the skate off based on the original skates? :confused: By suggesting that those two shouldn't be in the skate off they're suggesting it should be Hayley v Beth, which seems a little strange considering how highly they scored Hayley tonight :confused:

Exactly. Thats why I think they meant for beth to be there, they save Sam and they get what they want.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Malbren wrote: »
    IMO they didnt over mark Hayley & Dan and I doubt that was what they menat in any event. They clearly gave Beth the lowest marks so where probably expecting Beth & Sam bottom two and they'd have got rid of Beth.

Sorry edit ... They said Sam and Ray shouldn't be in the bottom two
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Hayley was top of the leader board so how did they expect her to be in the bottom two with Beth ?? :confused:

Again I dont think thats what they meant. They say things like that for some unknown reason but I am as sure as I can be that the two they marked the lowest where those they expected in the skate off, they'd then save Sam and Beth would go. Had beth & Sam been in the skate off they wouldnt have said to Sam you shouldnt be here, they'd just have saved him.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »

Think they wanted Beth and ..... Beth to be in the bottom two ;-)
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin has no credibility left.
    His performance in the Olympics was pretty woeful and got most of his scores wrong.
    It might sound petty but its coming across he's forgotten his role in this.
    Chris Reminded them about Beth's technical ability something that's lacking with Haley yet she is getting the high scores from Robin???. Deeply unprofessional again saying the lineup for the final isn't right when they overmarked someone who clearly isn't as good this time around.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Translation of what the judges actually meant:

"We don't care which one of Sam/Hayley/Ray joined Beth in the skate off, as we wanted her gone. Any other combination that doesn't involve Beth in the skate off is a farce and we're gonna spit our dummies out!"
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They clearly wanted a Sam/Beth bottom two. When they said you were the wrong two in the skate off, I think they just mean that they wanted Beth there but can't put it quite in those words. They over-marked Hayley thinking Ray was safe as houses; therefore Sam/Beth SO.

Didn't quite go according to plan. :D
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Robin has no credibility left.
    His performance in the Olympics was pretty woeful and got most of his scores wrong.
    It might sound petty but its coming across he's forgotten his role in this.
    Chris Reminded them about Beth's technical ability something that's lacking with Haley yet she is getting the high scores from Robin???. Deeply unprofessional again saying the lineup for the final isn't right when they overmarked someone who clearly isn't as good this time around.

Yes, Robin has let himself down badly as has Karen. Their marking has been woeful. I am disappointed and embarrassed for both of them.
  • Tony_BurkeTony_Burke Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    They actually said NEITHER of them should have been in bottom two - even though Sam was bottom of the leaderboard
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Beth and am glad she's in the final.

Ray does deserve to win but judges haven't learned from last year it seems. They simply need to give Beth a break, stop banging on about her performance weaknesses & properly acknowledge what she is good at i.e. her technical skating.

And if she does win, so what? It's an entertainment show not the Olympics & it really isn't the end of the world.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    It annoys me when they say who should and should not be in the skate off(in other words their favouriites) , the public vote who they like so tough, i am so happy Beth got the vote, they had planned to send her home i think and Chris threw a spanner in the works..

Good on him. I thought he was going to cry, I could hear the emotion in his voice.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Robin has let himself down badly as has Karen. Their marking has been woeful. I am disappointed and embarrassed for both of them.

So am I and not only that they weren't even subtle when saying neither Sam or Ray should have been in the skate off. They clearly meant Beth and another and another would have been saved with Beth to go but it back fired spectacularly.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They clearly wanted a Sam/Beth bottom two. When they said you were the wrong two in the skate off, I think they just mean that they wanted Beth there but can't put it quite in those words. They over-marked Hayley thinking Ray was safe as houses; therefore Sam/Beth SO.

Didn't quite go according to plan. :D

I agree they put Hayley at the top, thinking Ray would still be safe in second place. I think Ray will be back at the top of the leaderboard next week - but being the final, it won't help in any way as it's down to the public vote.

But him being in this weeks skate off could be a blessing in disguise, as people that think he's the best but haven't voted 'because he'll win anyway' will hopefully be galvanised into picking up the phone ;-)
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    :o
    gamestats wrote: »
    By inference they are saying that Beth and Hayley should have been in the SO. So how did Hayley get so many 10s if she should have been in SO - just to beat Beth?

Its even sillier - why was she top of the leaderboard if they thought she should be in the skate off. :confused::confused::blush:::o
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's a complete joke.
    the skating element only seems to come out when It suits the performer
    Head judge my arse the bloke will be lucky getting any work of this nature after his performance this year. He comes across as someone if you dare not agree with his interpretation of a performance you clearly don't know what you are seeing and have no right even voting on it.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »

Ray does deserve to win but judges haven't learned from last year it seems. They simply need to give Beth a break, stop banging on about her performance weaknesses & properly acknowledge what she is good at i.e. her technical skating.

And if she does win, so what? It's an entertainment show not the Olympics & it really isn't the end of the world.

Yes, it won't be the end of the world if Ray doesn't win but it would be the icing on the cake and a true tribute to T & D.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges have never taken to Beth even when she won, none of them appreciated her success.

Shes getting caned by them week in week out and isn't getting the praise or the true support from the Judges.

My own view is that the public were complacent, assumed Ray was safe hence the surprise.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    Translation of what the judges actually meant:

"We don't care which one of Sam/Hayley/Ray joined Beth in the skate off, as we wanted her gone. Any other combination that doesn't involve Beth in the skate off is a farce and we're gonna spit our dummies out!"

I think you are right, they schemed and then they got it wrong!!
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »

Agree completely this was a reaction to all the negative comments towards Beth from the judges. They marked Sam last so it was hardly a surprise he was in the skate off