What happens when you date Pete Doherty?

Mike_RotchMike_Rotch Posts: 556
Forum Member
✭✭
You become a crack head and other such drugs.

That waste of oxygen has got Kate Moss into all this crap now.

Comments

• pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    Mike_Rotch wrote:
    You become a crack head and other such drugs.

That waste of oxygen has got Kate Moss into all this crap now.

I doubt he got Kate Moss into anything, she got there all by herself many years before she met him!
  • Mike_RotchMike_Rotch Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt he got Kate Moss into anything, she got there all by herself many years before she met him!

I don't think it helped dating someone like him though, do you? He has no respect for life which really pisses me off because people who don't do all sorts of crappy drugs die for no real reason, whereas he keep s recovering. I'm not saying I want him dead, that would be sick. But the thing is he beats his own body up and survives and normal, people who love life die for no good reason.

Where's the justice?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it, Kate was doing drugs way before she met him. I don't think you can blame him for doing something she knows is wrong and is herself a recovered addict.
    She should have known his influence could only make things worse for her both as a model and as a mother.
    She obviously needs to grow up and be responsible for her daughter, if not for herself. She still lives the rock n roll life, while she has so much going on for her. quite sad, really.
    It will be very interesting to see the endorsed brands' response to the news. They will have to make a decision between her iconic status and her influence as a role model on young kids, which is still her market.
    Forum Member
    nana55 wrote:
    Let's face it, Kate was doing drugs way before she met him. I don't think you can blame him for doing something she knows is wrong and is herself a recovered addict.
    She should have known his influence could only make things worse for her both as a model and as a mother.
    She obviously needs to grow up and be responsible for her daughter, if not for herself. She still lives the rock n roll life, while she has so much going on for her. quite sad, really.
    It will be very interesting to see the endorsed brands' response to the news. They will have to make a decision between her iconic status and her influence as a role model on young kids, which is still her market.

I think Rimmel should drop her because that make up sells to a young audience - it's not appropriate to have her advertising it any more.

Chanel might drop her because they don't want to offend their haute couture audience of middle aged women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you. i think Rimmel is likely to drop her because of their target audience, unless she comes back with a very good PR response on this (it hasn't particularly well started with her shouting "f**ck off" to journalists when confronted).
    I actually think Chanel won't drop her because their audience is more mature.
    Forum Member
    nana55 wrote:
    I agree with you. i think Rimmel is likely to drop her because of their target audience, unless she comes back with a very good PR response on this (it hasn't particularly well started with her shouting "f**ck off" to journalists when confronted).

I think it depends with Chanel as to whether they use Moss to sell sunglasses/bags etc or where the real money and prestige is, in couture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I agree that Rimmel should drop Moss as their product range is largely aimed at teens and younger women.

However Moss is heading the new H&M campaign due to begin next month - which is also primarily aimed at younger women - but H&M have said they will not drop her as a result of the drug revelations. Obviously they've spent their money so they'll advertise with Moss regardless.

Does anyone know who actually took the pictures/video of Moss at the Babyshambles recording studio?
    Will it have been one of Doherty's clan?
    If so, who is making money from the story (other than the tabloids)?
    It's a guess that Moss is paying for Pete's drugs/lifestyle/travel, etc. at the moment.
    A drug addict would sell his mother to fund his gear............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nana55 wrote:

She's probably worth too much to drop her. Some celebs seem to be untouchable and can do no wrong.
  • FancyFancy Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in another KM/PD thread, Moss has milllions, so she can keep him in drugs, and if she indulges it's a bonus.
    She's obviously never learned from her past and if she's not careful, Doherty will drag her down with him.

He's little known for his music, only idolised by a few, and his performance at Live8 was laughable. He (and maybe she if she doesn't kick the habit) will be dead within 5 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike_Rotch wrote:
    She's probably worth too much to drop her. Some celebs seem to be untouchable and can do no wrong.
    Well, don't you think it's a fine line between how much ££ they invested in her, and how much they may lose now in terms of brand damage and financial repercutions.
    I think the response from the media will be key to determine how much the brand was affected, and in the end, likely to jeopardize her brand potential for any future endorsements.
    Remember when Vodafone ditched Beckham after the Loos affair ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nana55 wrote:
    Well, don't you think it's a fine line between how much ££ they invested in her, and how much they may lose now in terms of brand damage and financial repercutions.
    I think the response from the media will be key to determine how much the brand was affected, and in the end, likely to jeopardize her brand potential for any future endorsements.
    Remember when Vodafone ditched Beckham after the Loos affair ?

Thing is, no brand can benefit from having a drug addict as your spokesperson. They should sue her, then drop her. Maybe that will kick her up the backside and make her realise that she isn't 18 any more and that she has a daughter that relies on her.
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to have more money than sense. She's like a kid in a candy shop. It's almost like she's got bags of money so she can do whatever she wants, regardless of what happens to anyone around her. PD is the same but that's because he's off his face all of the time.

I watched a programme a while ago about how she rented a beautiful and quaint little cottage for some months and then when it was returned to the owners, it was left in a right mess. Some of the objects that were in the house had been left in the garden to rot, things were broken. She refused to acknowledge the problem and they have had to take her to court.

It seems to me that KM is a walking disaster. Her drug habit started a long time ago. Meeting PD is probably just adding to the package. They deserve each other, but they don't deserve her little girl. :mad:
  • THURSDAYTHURSDAY Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    LadyC40 wrote:
    I agree that Rimmel should drop Moss as their product range is largely aimed at teens and younger women.

However Moss is heading the new H&M campaign due to begin next month - which is also primarily aimed at younger women - but H&M have said they will not drop her as a result of the drug revelations. Obviously they've spent their money so they'll advertise with Moss regardless.

Do you think that all young women will now snort drugs just because she has?

I doubt it very much. You shouldn't patronise young women
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THURSDAY wrote:

That's not the point She's a role model, and to be a good role model (who is paid milliond for this) you don't:
    a) take drugs
    b) smoke
    c) date losers
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happens when you date Pete Doherty?

You gain maximum publicity for yourself and PD, that's what. ;)
  • bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THURSDAY wrote:

I hardly think that's the point :( I don't know of any so-called "role model" that appeals to EVERYONE :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike_Rotch wrote:
    That's not the point She's a role model, and to be a good role model (who is paid milliond for this) you don't:
    a) take drugs
    b) smoke
    c) date losers
    What a naive comment. Of course they won't all start taking drugs, but this is a woman who is seen as a style icon by many young women, who would like to emulate her lifestyle. She glamourises everything she touches. Do i need to say more ?
  • THURSDAYTHURSDAY Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Mike_Rotch wrote:
    a) take drugs
    b) smoke
    c) date losers

she never asked to be a role model. It is just you trying to force it upon her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nana55 wrote:

Yes.

In my experience people who do drugs are attracted to other people who do drugs - it's a pastime they can enjoy together and and an experience they share between them that other people on the outside are not a part of.
    Forum Member
    LadyC40 wrote:

Does anyone know who actually took the pictures/video of Moss at the Babyshambles recording studio?
    Will it have been one of Doherty's clan?
    If so, who is making money from the story (other than the tabloids)?
    It's a guess that Moss is paying for Pete's drugs/lifestyle/travel, etc. at the moment.
    A drug addict would sell his mother to fund his gear............

Is it too far fetched for me to say it could even be Doherty himself? He's sold stories before to the press for his drugs.

Otherwise I reckon a crackhead mate who was in the studio (perhaps 'Ronnie' who they keep mentioning in the story)

I think there will be more revelations to come - I think H and M will drop her with the young drug dealer story from today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THURSDAY wrote:
    she never asked to be a role model. It is just you trying to force it upon her.

She never asked for it, but when you are that famous and make a lot of money for being the "face" of a brand, you adopt certain responsibilities surrounding your image and the image of the company/product that you are promoting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiagress wrote:
    She never asked for it, but when you are that famous and make a lot of money for being the "face" of a brand, you adopt certain responsibilities surrounding your image and the image of the company/product that you are promoting.

Exactly, if you are going to get paid millions for wearing God awful clothes and pull a nice frown in the ad's then you are a role model. You are in the public eye. She needs to pull her finger out and realise that she might be having an adverse effect on the young women of today.

If she doesn't want this, she should quit her job and give all the money back and get a normal job. Then she can do whatever she likes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THURSDAY wrote:

This is the post i was meant to reply to. Sorry Mike ;)

What a naive comment. Of course they won't all start taking drugs, but this is a woman who is seen as a style icon by many young women, who would like to emulate her lifestyle. She glamourises everything she touches. Do i need to say more ?
  • SherazSheraz Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really get the point of the whole "role model "thing blah blah does we really need some vain zelebs full of themselves as role model in adverts. Personnally the only thing i can copy from a celebrity it's a bag or a pair of sunglasses or shoes, nothing more :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Is it too far fetched for me to say it could even be Doherty himself? He's sold stories before to the press for his drugs.

Not too far fetched at all, IMO.
    That's exactly what I was getting at in my post which you quoted.
    The drugs would only have come out once the group of people remaining felt it was 'safe' to do so.
    Kate is not in a very nice place at the moment - in more ways than one.