Need cheering up!

Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
Forum Member
✭✭
I just got home, been at the police station for 2 hours after being mugged :(:(:cry: feeling kind of down right now. I was having such a good night as well. Depressing story eh?! I gave chase, but wasn't quick enough....guess its probably for the best, as I didn't think of the consequences like whether the guy had a knife or something. Got my phone stolen and other less important stuff. But hey, at least I'm okay.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Awww sorry to hear that!

I've never been mugged, but was forced to give someone 40p once, which obviously, I obliged to.

And, yeah, at least your OK.

Hopefully nothing really important was stolen?

*sing's "it's just like barbarella, barbarella :p*
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankyou :) I been trying to call my parents but obviously they asleep. Just wanted to talk to someone! No it was only my phone and a bit of money. Luckily my cards and keys stayed put, so got home okay. Finding it difficult to sleep though.
  • Arwen1972Arwen1972 Posts: 7,752
    Forum Member
    ((((((((((((((((Barbarella81)))))))))))))))))

I am very sorry to hear that - it must have been a very scary experience. Like you say, yes, you're ok - you're alive and able to get home. However, that doesn't detract from the fact you have just had a traumatic experience.

Just chill out this weekend if you can, gather your thoughts and gain your strength.

And just think ... all they got was your mobile phone and other 'unimportant stuff' but they are still tossers who will always live a miserable life and never be able to look themselves in the eye ....... you on the other hand can laugh at them for that ;):)

So, need cheering up? Well, my famous story about the time I got my fleece jacket out of the tumble dryer, put it on and went shopping down the high st for a couple of hours and then got home and found that I had been walking round with two pop socks & a pair knickers stuck from static to the back of my fleece jacket, that always goes down a treat :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Arwen :D that made me laugh! Hehe. Yeah I'm just gonna take it easy this weekend. A little bit sad as its the only way to contact my boyfriend, and I just need a big cuddle right now. I guess I should start writing down phone numbers! I'm gonna try and sleep now, but thanks for your kind words :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that :( It must have been an awful experience for you. Did you phone up to get your phone barred yet?? It'll be a bit of an inconvenience for the pratt that stole it anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simonuk wrote:
    Sorry to hear about that :( It must have been an awful experience for you. Did you phone up to get your phone barred yet?? It'll be a bit of an inconvenience for the pratt that stole it anyway.

Yes I did, the police weren't that quick even though I was practically begging them to cancel it. But they assured me any calls made wouldn't be charged to me. Luckily my battery was practically dead as well, so the idiot wouldn't have got very far on it :D I always thought I was a strong person, but when something like this happens, it really shakes you up :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't let it up set you, It's not worth worrying about. Lay back and stick on your favourite tune, You'll feel alot better after. A bit of Coldplay usually sorts me out when I'm feeling down.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Arwen1972 wrote:
    ((((((((((((((((Barbarella81)))))))))))))))))

So, need cheering up? Well, my famous story about the time I got my fleece jacket out of the tumble dryer, put it on and went shopping down the high st for a couple of hours and then got home and found that I had been walking round with two pop socks & a pair knickers stuck from static to the back of my fleece jacket, that always goes down a treat :D

Oh bless you! You made me lol.

Barbarella, what happened is bound to make you feel down. My handbag was nicked in a restaurant and I gave chase and found myself in a cul-de-sac with the girl trapped in a corner. I stood there wondering what to do next and suddenly a man appeared from nowhere asking if he could help me. I think sometimes watching crime drama on TV subconsciously can help us because in the split second that I looked at him and wondered if he could help, I realised he didn't intend to.

I count myself lucky that my instinct told me to walk away. I lost a bag that I'd bought in Italy the week before and I was so in love with it I'd been putting it on the table and just gazing at it :o , my purse with quite a lot of cash and credit cards but worst of all for me - in the purse was a most treasured photo of my partner as a four-year old. I loved that photo so much.

I know it's not nearly the same as being mugged. It must have been terrifying and I feel angry on your behalf. All we can do is offer up words to try to comfort you.
  • padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    I just got home, been at the police station for 2 hours after being mugged :(:(:cry: feeling kind of down right now. I was having such a good night as well. Depressing story eh?! I gave chase, but wasn't quick enough....guess its probably for the best, as I didn't think of the consequences like whether the guy had a knife or something. Got my phone stolen and other less important stuff. But hey, at least I'm okay.

I can't say anything to cheer you up but you do definitely qualify for a big long {{{{hug}}}}

xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear that B. I hate hearing stuff like this, why the hell can't some people get off their ass and get a job instead of stealing from other people.

Hopefully one day the person who did this will get their comeuppance.
  • BellaaahhhhBellaaahhhh Posts: 19,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a dreadful experience that must have been for you! ((((((((((Barbarella)))))))). Hope they catch the b*stard who did it and I do hope that the sympathy that you're sure to get on here will help you feel a bit better too.