Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^Yes I thought it was a bit strange carrying around a shampoo bottle full of poison. I assume she put it in her checked in luggage!!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This series isn't really doing it for me. Marshall is OK, but without Ben Miller there's no oomph.

In the scotch bonnet scene, I just kept thinking how much better BM would have been - KM reduced it to slapstick.

The plots have probably always been poor, but now I'm noticing it. Before, the Richard/Camille sub plot, and the charm of the other characters, plus the scenery of course, were enough to compensate. Now, they're not.

I'll probably watch this series, but I'm not bothered about future ones.

How are the ratings doing, compared to previous series, does anyone know?
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    This series isn't really doing it for me. Marshall is OK, but without Ben Miller there's no oomph.

In the scotch bonnet scene, I just kept thinking how much better BM would have been - KM reduced it to slapstick.

The plots have probably always been poor, but now I'm noticing it. Before, the Richard/Camille sub plot, and the charm of the other characters, plus the scenery of course, were enough to compensate. Now, they're not.

I'll probably watch this series, but I'm not bothered about future ones.

How are the ratings doing, compared to previous series, does anyone know?

They seem to be holding steady...

The first two episodes did well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Death_in_Paradise_episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    They seem to be holding steady...

The first two episodes did well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Death_in_Paradise_episodes

Thanks. :)

I'm glad it's doing OK, in spite of my personal disappointment - I hope it continues, if people are enjoying it. :)
  • RobbomanRobboman Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very well done to those that worked out the stamp, totally passed me by. Not well done to those who just "guessed" who did it.

I'm sure I'm going to work one out one week :confused:
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poisoned stamp?

I wondered if it might be the stamps too, ES. I watched Charade with Audrey Hepburn/Cary Grant at the weekend and that's what made me think of it.

I'm still enjoying this show; I quite like KM in the role and his relationships with the rest of the team. Those shirts though :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Death in Paradise continued its Tuesday ratings dominance by topping the night outside of soaps, overnight data reveals.

The BBC One crime drama rose by nearly 100,000 viewers from last week to 6.64 million (28.8%) at 9pm
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    What, for poisons
    Sure I have seen it done for arsenic and strychnine.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    The spicy stew scene really made me laugh
    Glad they didn't show the inevitable, follow up, middle of the night, Johnny Cash action on the loo as he tried to pass the offending item. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was ready to hate the change, but must say really enjoying this series. Kris fit's in well. And the dynamics with the character's still works well.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    I was ready to hate the change, but must say really enjoying this series. Kris fit's in well. And the dynamics with the character's still works well.

So was I, and even posted my fears about DiP's future on here (that proves how "good I am at predictions telly wise:blush:) but since KM took over the viewers have stuck with it.

Long live the Humph...
    Forum Member
    So was I, and even posted my fears about DiP's future on here (that proves how "good I am at predictions telly wise:blush:) but since KM took over the viewers have stuck with it.

[/B]Long live the Humph...[/B]

Watch now as the writers move from locked room/vindictive WPC combo and an ice pick to polish off poor Humph with a poisoned scotch bonnet pepper!!! Oh wait they tried that!!! :D
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch now as the writers move from locked room/vindictive WPC combo and an ice pick to polish off poor Humph with a poisoned scotch bonnet pepper!!! Oh wait they tried that!!! :D

Nah, Harry will get fed up and bite Humph's throat out in the night because the producers refused his demands of an on screen credit....:p

To clear the crime, the commissioner will draft in Sykes from Midsomer Murders (you know, the best actor in that show) and tout sweet Harry will be a goner.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about to move this out of my 'Current items - must-watch UK programs' folder into the 'Strictly for a Rainy Day' folder, along with Midsomer Murders, Rosemary and Thyme and re-runs of Wycliffe.

If it wasn't for Camille's shorts it would have gone some time ago.;-)
    Forum Member
    Nah, Harry will get fed up and bite Humph's throat out in the night because the producers refused his demands of an on screen credit....:p

To clear the crime, the commissioner will draft in Sykes from Midsomer Murders (you know, the best actor in that show) and tout sweet Harry will be a goner.

Hahah somehow I am tickled by the fact that Harry will give in to his inner Velociraptor
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fenlander wrote: »
    I'm about to move this out of my 'Current items - must-watch UK programs' folder into the 'Strictly for a Rainy Day' folder, along with Midsomer Murders, Rosemary and Thyme and re-runs of Wycliffe.

If it wasn't for Camille's shorts it would have gone some time ago.;-)

I'm only surprised she hasn't already launched her own fashion line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fenlander wrote: »

Ah... that must be a PVR thing. ;-):D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian2439 wrote: »
    Death in Paradise continued its Tuesday ratings dominance by topping the night outside of soaps, overnight data reveals.

The BBC One crime drama rose by nearly 100,000 viewers from last week to 6.64 million (28.8%) at 9pm

Was there any competition?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahah somehow I am tickled by the fact that Harry will give in to his inner Velociraptor

Which one's Harry:confused:
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am strangely addicted to this programme now. I absolutely love the soundtrack too!
    Forum Member

The Lizard!
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The green gecko! :)
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Must confess after the comments about how much make up she had I went with night cream containing the poison. Anything else could have been used too early but night cream would have covered the other stewardess being away.

Ah well - no Agatha Christie certificate for me today :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lizard!
    DJW13 wrote: »
    The green gecko! :)

Doh - of course:blush:

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Must confess after the comments about how much make up she had I went with night cream containing the poison. Anything else could have been used too early but night cream would have covered the other stewardess being away.

Ah well - no Agatha Christie certificate for me today :D

I thought it was the night cream too if that's any consolation. I was quite pleased with myself working it out again until those pesky kids ruined it with the reveal:D