Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 268)

Comments

• Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello there Chryedians

Well I for one and glad you got the ending I believed your characters deserved.
    For me they will go down as one of EE most memorable couples.
    Their intial SL was great and fascinating to watch.

Even with all their up and downs, their love for each other was too strong to let go of completely.
    I will now watch the last few months of their relationship knowing that they leave together.
    I'll admit I couldn't watch until I knew if the were gonna have their happy ending or not.

I hope for your sakes they never come back to EE ever again.
    Not because of not wanting to see them again on screen but knowing TPTB they will destroy them so much to the point that they could end up being unlike by their own fans like Kat and Alfie are and who wants that?!

Hope you can go back and watch their SL again (even the bad bits) knowing that at last they are onto a new life and journey, TOGETHER :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    When does Christian put hsi wedding ring back on then?

/another important question.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll get there, but at the moment, I'm just baffled.

Well, at least we got a happy ending I suppose.

Yeah, it was all a bit baffling :confused: but I just wanted them gone happy and in love - as they needed to be. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Not quite sure about the duff duffs. Think it would've been more poignant with something else, especially because it was such a simplistic ending.

The duff duff was a ridiculous decision. It kind of made it feel that it wasn't final rather then JT would have although SBM playing in the background was nice but still they should have slowly merged it into JT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can't have been?? It didn't feel as long as the wedding talk in the kitchen and that was about 5 minutes. Though maybe that's just my screwy perception of time.

Should've timed it. :p

I will when I watch on iplayer:D...I need to watch it again because it was all a bit quick and mad and rushed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I may have mascara running down my face as I got a little teary there, can't help it, when someone cries on screen I tend to join in!

I think on the whole I liked it, and happy with the ending and that they've got away and EE can't damage them any more.

Had a bit of whip lash when Syed was one minute pleading with Christian to be with him and then all 'oh no let's not' but I guess it was meant to be him reflecting on what he'd said about self-sabotage and worrying that he'd do it again to Christian so felt that he had to let him go so as not to hurt him again? I know it was actually so there could be the mad tube dash that seemed to be more of a gentle stroll and then an 'oh well I can't find him I'll just go home' but I'm trying to rationalise it somehow.

Seeing Marc say Syed's vows again made me experience a sudden urge to see him do some Shakespeare - I think he'd make a magical Romeo. It also made me cry.

Also, one quick question - in the AB scene was it my imagination or was Christian topless and Syed fully clothed down to still having his leather jacket on? I was slightly confused as to what they'd been up to. Strip poker maybe and Christian was playing to lose?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    OK. Off to get a life now. Lol. xx
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It worked!"

Oh Zainab I love you :D
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have been nice just to have SBM but I still loved it :')

They had the 'last tune' and it was playing just before the credits, so yes, good enough for me. I'm happy. And I felt the love, very, very much.

LOVED Syed re-saying his vows and Christian breaking down, that was a little stroke of genius - loved that. Re-deemed the wedding for me because I KNEW he meant it! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it. It was flawed but god did it save Chryed for me.

Now listening to SBM on a loop.

I am devastated that it's done.
  • Options
    sxcbaybee123sxcbaybee123 Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping in for a second for a shallow post because I just noticed that Christian practically GWANS on Syed's ear in the Argee Bargee after their sexy times. :eek: I didn't notice that the first time around. :D:D
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will when I watch on iplayer:D...I need to watch it again because it was all a bit quick and mad and rushed...

The whole thing was a bit rushed, yeah. They should've had the whole episode dedicated to them (or at least 90%, like the wedding), Christian should've come back in the middle, and then they should've had proper goodbyes with everyone. I did love it, though.

snowflaine while you're out getting a life, can you get me one? I have no idea where to start.
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening on a loop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADyiuOPflw

Perfect song and arrangement for their final scene :')
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    This was what I needed...I said what I needed was an ounce of self reflection from Christian because we never got that in previous arguments and we needed it because it should have happened and it made his love for Syed believeable..because he is worth loving as he is not some charity case who needs help. For me the episode was all Saint Christian to the hilt and the useless scrag end Syed trying to live up. Whoopy doo. Except that does not reflect them for me at all. Only this last month or so it does.
    We didn't even get Syed allowed to say goodbye to the people who were there for Christian, obviously not worthy enough.

While it was lovely to hear Masood say I'm proud of you it made no sense then. Maybe the missing scene would have helped. But we needed Masood to remember what he'd done to Syed, nearly killed him, but Syed forgave him, how Syed supported him when his gambling was found out for it to feel real.

But this wasn't about Syed really.If it was we'd have got that.

Plus sides...So glad they left in Nina's I love you. I thought Marc was amazing when he was saying the vows again.I can't watch the wedding it makes me cringe but I loved that this time. Really laughed out loud at Zainab and Lucy when Zainab peeked in.

I have maltesers to pick up.:( but I can wash and eat them later.:)

Yes, it was very unsatisfactory really,in terms of the conversations. It was one=sided and focused too much on the current sadnesses and the resentments Christian carries. Syed, bless him, does not carry those. He forgives and moves on - but this time, he was the mature and wise one. He is aware that nothing much will change, that this may be the nature of their relationship. Can they accept that, and really accept each other

But at least Christian stopped being so angry and allowed himself to believe in what Syed said. And that was lovely, the reminder of the wedding, that, as I wrote last night, the lie Christian meant, that Syed did not love him, the pain of that thought was taken away. And there was sex and kisses,always good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The duff-duffs did feel out of place, but SBM playing was more poignant. It would've been nice for it to segue into JT, but whatever.

At least Tanya didn't get them!

I really liked SBM actually (such a coincidence it was playing in the market at the same time) and you're right it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Syed's going to have to dump those cans on the way to the airport. I wanted to see a big fat pink bow on the luggage though, just like in MH's fics :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening on a loop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADyiuOPflw

Perfect song and arrangement for their final scene :')

I'm in mourning :cry:

Babas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing was a bit rushed, yeah. They should've had the whole episode dedicated to them (or at least 90%, like the wedding), Christian should've come back in the middle, and then they should've had proper goodbyes with everyone. I did love it, though.

snowflaine while you're out getting a life, can you get me one? I have no idea where to start.

BIB: Yep, I felt that it was rushed to. Again Chryed deserved better but I guess they let them to an extent be happy.
  • Options
    CarlaBorregoCarlaBorrego Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK we're going for a re-watch...
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please people go and post on the episode thread (you cowards) LOL - channelling Christian and Syed tonight - if you liked it - please post. Because I'm all alone out there :p

I agree there are imperfections and things to pick apart but I'd like to think that most are happy that they went. Syed found a bit of his voice, still not enough. Liked him calling Christian a coward, a bit of tit for tat there, (if we had to have it).

Just want to celebrate they went and loved the whole under the bridge thing with the luggage and the just married stuff! :D

I've been out, more than once - I did a bit during in the non Chryed bits an all. I think it would be nice to support dulaj. Trouble is I don't really know what to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww on the AB floor Syed doesnt want to ruin it or hurt Christian more. He's scared that whan it's good it messes up. Or he messes up, so it's kind of the reverse of the original SBM - he's letting Christain go?? Maybe?

LOL doesnt last long though.

And for the record Syed seems to be almost fully clothed but top undone and Christian has trousers on but no top - go figure!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are together and happy, and safe from the clutches of EE. I feel relieved it's all over and so happy that love prevailed, and I can now imagine them leading the lives they should, and being the people and couple they are:)

Ok, some of the ep didn't make sense, but I'd already given up on the plot, so I'm not upset. I've been feeling quite detached for a while now. I did get emotional and teary at the first convo in the AB, even though it wasn't perfect, until the contrivances took over again:o It was all very rushed of course.

I loved the reunion mirroring at the end, lovely touch. I did feel like the end was Johnny and Marc saying goodbye as much as Christian and Syed but I suppose that's only natural:)

I don't think Syed's going to be wearing much when he first gets to America, judging by the size of his little bag on wheels, but maybe that's the way Christian likes it:sleep:

They are together, that's all I could have hoped for, but very happy they specifically said about moving near Yasmin, which is what they would have done. It's ok, it's all ok:)

#vivachryed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #vivachryed. i loved it. i love it. they got their happy ending. I loved it, thank you chryed for bringing me so many wonderful things xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

I may have cried a lot:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla Borrego and I are going to watch again! Now, however, she is drinking tea. I should have brought more hot chocolate. !She didn't want to add the squirty cream to her tea, so she shall have to find other uses for it.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh guhhhhh the head/hair kisses on the AB floor.

WOW
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »
    Hello there Chryedians

Well I for one and glad you got the ending I believed your characters deserved.
    For me they will go down as one of EE most memorable couples.
    Their intial SL was great and fascinating to watch.

Even with all their up and downs, their love for each other was too strong to let go of completely.
    I will now watch the last few months of their relationship knowing that they leave together.
    I'll admit I couldn't watch until I knew if the were gonna have their happy ending or not.

I hope for your sakes they never come back to EE ever again.
    Not because of not wanting to see them again on screen but knowing TPTB they will destroy them so much to the point that they could end up being unlike by their own fans like Kat and Alfie are and who wants that?!

Hope you can go back and watch their SL again (even the bad bits) knowing that at last they are onto a new life and journey, TOGETHER :)

Thank you so much for popping in and what a lovely post. Your support of us in the MF during the baiting and trolling has not gone unnoticed by me and your efforts are much appreciated. I am so glad and happy our boys got a happy ending and they damn well deserved one!! :D
This discussion has been closed.