HBO Game Of Thrones S05 (NO SPOILERS)

Hi, here's where you can discuss the new GOT season :)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh good. The other thread is full of speculation and spoilers so i have been avoiding it.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this still be in Cult?
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season five is just a week away :)
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Is this US pace or UK pace ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably both, US from the Sunday broadcasts and UK from Monday broadcasts?
    Forum Member
    I think it would work better if there were speedster threads, despite there only been a day between broadcasts. Someone will probably make another before next week.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    What's a speedster thread?

Previous years have combined US and UK. All it takes is for UK viewers to remember not to read the thread from Sunday until after the show is broadcast on Monday
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »

Previous years have combined US and UK. All it takes is for UK viewers to remember not to read the thread from Sunday until after the show is broadcast on Monday

Damn you autocorrect. I mean separate threads.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Look Im a thicko when does ep 1 series 5 actually air on sky in the uk please xxxx
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    Look Im a thicko when does ep 1 series 5 actually air on sky in the uk please xxxx

Monday at 9pm :)
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »

There were problems on TWD thread when people discussed at. US pace after transmission and UK viewers saw it as spoilers. The thread was finally split which makes sense.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a weird one though because the series after the first episode will be simulcast so UK viewers will be able to see it at the same time if they're willing to stay up until 2am.

My brother is on a bit of a binge watch at the mmoment to try and get all 4 series watched ahead of Monday. I'm dipping in and out of it just to refresh my memory.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Snow at a Dinner Party :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabsgCQhpu4

(Sorry if it's been posted in the other thread but I'm avoiding spoilers.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a weird one though because the series after the first episode will be simulcast so UK viewers will be able to see it at the same time if they're willing to stay up until 2am.

My brother is on a bit of a binge watch at the mmoment to try and get all 4 series watched ahead of Monday. I'm dipping in and out of it just to refresh my memory.

Is it? That's the first I've heard...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got time to delve back into season 1-4 before season 5 begins. But i remember what happened so i don't need a refresher

One of the things I am happy about is Dame Diana Rigg is now a regular, and she is simply delightful as Lady Olenna, and is one of the best castings the show has done to date. I can't wait to see more of her than ever. I think it was hinted last season she may have been responsible for poisoning Joffrey, as she wasn't shy in informing Margarey that she was in charge of organising the food for the wedding.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Olenna quite openly stated there was no way she would leave her Granddaughter in the clutches of such a mad man?
    Anyway glad she's a regular, especially as we've lost the excellent Charles Dance.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope Gendry appears this season, I reckon he must be lost at sea!
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Can't wait :D

I've watched live online at 2am, and then again on sky atlantic for the past 3 series, but unfortunately won't be able to this series due to a shift change.

Up to s4e1 on my re-watch, will get 2 watched a day to time it perfectly with Mondays opener :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Is it? That's the first I've heard...

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/game-of-thrones/article/simulcast

The only reason episode 1 isn't is because of a deal Atlantic have with cinemas for the first ep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, so no waiting until Monday evening to catch up on demand!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope Gendry appears this season, I reckon he must be lost at sea!

If he's been rowing all this time he'll have arms like Thor!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First thing I do on a monday morning is watch GOT to start my day and week. I will be glad to get back to that routine for another 10 weeks.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    http://www.sky.com/tv/show/game-of-thrones/article/simulcast

The only reason episode 1 isn't is because of a deal Atlantic have with cinemas for the first ep.

Thanks for the link, they sure kept that quiet after their big statement about wanting all UK viewers to share the experience of watching together every Monday night. Slight backtrack but a good decision imo, though it could make that start of the week get-up even harder if I relent to temptation each week..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have a friend who works for Sky (this link appeared on his Facebook feed a few weeks ago) but I think even he was surprised
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First thing I do on a monday morning is watch GOT to start my day and week. I will be glad to get back to that routine for another 10 weeks.

Don't forget there's likely to be a week gap in that though.

Episode 4 will be my biggest challenge. staying awake for the 9pm broadcast (that's going to be a busy day)