Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    1) The Ooops Tena Lady ad

2) The "I like the way you moo" dancing gravy bull.

3) The toilet paper ads with the dogs who take on human traits.

Such is the irritation caused by these ads that I only know one of the 3 above products they are advertising, and after all, I only know the tena lady one as there is only one company that advertises incontinence pads on TV, so doesn't take a lot of working out.

I just read the second one out loud - "dancing gravy bull". I mean, is that what someone came out with at the brainstorming sesh?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Not an advert as such but the Harry Harris War Dig promotion on Discovery History is on every damn break :mad::mad:
    We all must know who he is and what he is doing by now.
    Never heard of him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    i dont know why but i hate that vistaprints advert
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot stand the Ambrosia advert... the talking faces creep me out. Makes me cringe.

Also the Cheeky bingo... that woman cannot even make a cheeky face... and i just cant stand the questions... or the cheeky boom boom bit.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Medal of Honour Warfighters - This game is not out until 26th October yet they are advertising it NOW?! :eek:

OK, I just saw one for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and that's not out until 13th November. WTF? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Medal of Honour Warfighters - This game is not out until 26th October yet they are advertising it NOW?! :eek:

OK, I just saw one for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and that's not out until 13th November. WTF? :confused:

That's just unbelievable --- I mean, with game company's the way they are (GAME going in to administration) it isn't even worth pre-ording as the shop might have closed down by then
  • Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »
    I cannot stand the Ambrosia advert... the talking faces creep me out. Makes me cringe.

Also the Cheeky bingo... that woman cannot even make a cheeky face... and i just cant stand the questions... or the cheeky boom boom bit.

The Ambrosia advert scares the crap out of me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the advert for J2O and OMG I had no idea WHAT the message was other than, if you like this drink then your a cat? maybe? has anybody else seen it?
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the advert for J2O and OMG I had no idea WHAT the message was other than, if you like this drink then your a cat? maybe? has anybody else seen it?

Just saw it yesterday... no idea it was for J2O, thought maybe someone had spiked my drink
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that stupid NatWest ad where the dopey girl loses all of her money while backpacking around India ,or some exotic place, and phones her Dad who cheerfully sends her £1,500 so that she can go on her merry way.

In real life the Dad would go mental with the girl and shout,"You daft b*tch ! How could you be so careless? Do you think money grows on trees etc." He certainly wouldn't wander off down the street smiling to himself like the idiot in the ad.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Lillith wrote: »
    I hate that stupid NatWest ad where the dopey girl loses all of her money while backpacking around India ,or some exotic place, and phones her Dad who cheerfully sends her £1,500 so that she can go on her merry way.

In real life the Dad would go mental with the girl and shout,"You daft b*tch ! How could you be so careless? Do you think money grows on trees etc." He certainly wouldn't wander off down the street smiling to himself like the idiot in the ad.

Nothing irritates me more than rich hipster students on gap year adventures.

Especially when they are in adverts.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It reminds me of that Pingit(?) advert where the voice-over says something like 'That man is sending his son £200 for university books; I know his son, it won't be spent on books'.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm.. I dunno. Some parents are so ignorant of the carelessness of their little darlings they probably would do it without a second thought...

... Suffice to say that many of these little darlings will be travelling on mummy and daddy's cash as well, which makes it worse.
  • Options
    Miss_MaladroitMiss_Maladroit Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Nothing irritates me more than rich hipster students on gap year adventures.

Especially when they are in adverts.

Amen.

If I was that chick's mother, I'd have taught her a bit more common sense too! I worked through 2 gap years and went abroad for the first time EVER as a 24-year-old uni dropout (turns out I hated art students despite being one), and by Christ did I keep a close eye on my money!
  • Options
    PemblechookPemblechook Posts: 2,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Parkinson.. Sunlife.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once and for all Julie Walters GO AWAYY!!!!!!!!!! learn the words "NO I don't want to do your new advert" come on Julie not difficult try again "NO Thank You let someone else do the voiceover to this one".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Once and for all Julie Walters GO AWAYY!!!!!!!!!! learn the words "NO I don't want to do your new advert" come on Julie not difficult try again "NO Thank You let someone do the voiceover to this one".

You must have been reading my mind :D
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Santander - You s**t, you save, you p**s, you save, you kick the TV, you shout expletives as loud as possible whenever this ad comes on, you save. SHUT UP!! :mad:
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it :D maybe I'd have more sympathy if she was mugged but she just drops the money on the street!
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just saw it and I like cats but jeez that is a weird advert!!! :eek:
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha yes Pops just happens to have a spare £1500 to help her out of her predicament!! rubbish!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Ha yes Pops just happens to have a spare £1500 to help her out of her predicament!! rubbish!

And what happens if she loses that amount, does he send her another £1500?

Pingit advert: why is everyones mobile stuck to that funny shape thing?, what is it supposed to be anyway? then the voice over says, aah she just sent her part of the bill from last nights meal to her friends mobile (mobile lights up stuck to thing) what, where is the friend? are they there too, if so why not just give them the money in person, must have had chance to go to the cash machine by then...

I don't understand :confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Trainline is the one which infuriates me the most! Followed by the Oak Furniture one... I mean what sort of absolute 'tard picks a table up with stuff on it in a show room? And if it's 'real oak wood' then how did that wimp lift it?

Still can't get my head around how a business centered around just oak keeps trading... surely that is racist against beech/maple wood :p
  • Options
    Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely. It gives the impression that their customers are careless (we've had a young female leaving her cash in a taxi, a dad losing his wallet returning from holiday, and now a girl carelessly losing everything in one bag.) Not to mention she already had a phone to ring the bank but instead relied on 'daddy' to bail her out.
    If I was wanting to join that bank it's not been a good incentive so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Netflix advert with the talking hamsters.We're not five,FFS! Why do so many companies treat their customers like kids or idiots or both?
This discussion has been closed.