Options

Boxing Promoter Frank Maloney Sex Change

Comments

• Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    This has made my head spin. I don't understand how a guy can feel he is a girl and wants to chop his bits off.
    But it is 2014.
    I know by what I have just wrote will hurt those people with these feelings.
    I am Sorry. I am just pleased I don't understand.
    Just enjoy life, it's short, time goes so fast

At least you've stated it makes your head spin. It's not going to be truly understood by people who haven't found themselves in that position.

I think you can surely appreciate that mentally feeling you are a different gender isn't out of the question and that this would be a struggle to cope with and accept when your body and biology and society tells you everything different.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    This has made my head spin. I don't understand how a guy can feel he is a girl and wants to chop his bits off.
    But it is 2014.
    I know by what I have just wrote will hurt those people with these feelings.
    I am Sorry. I am just pleased I don't understand.
    Just enjoy life, it's short, time goes so fast

The fact you claim to be pleased you don't understand makes my head spin. It's nothing to do with simply "feeling you might be a girl". it's how you are born. on a very simplistic view, if some children can be born conjoined then it stands to reason that genders can be mixed up as well.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I saw it on BBC Breakfast this morning.

Malony was saying the great thing about being in sport was that as soon as you left the sport you were forgotten and that anonymity allowed Frank to stop living a lie and to become Kellie.

What amused me is that quest for "anonymity" only seemed to last until a tabloid newspaper came along with enough money. ;)

Hmmm yes, the cynic in me wondered whether CBB is beckoning.
    I just read the Mirror article and found it a bit disappointing that no acknowledgment was made of the previous homophobia. Seemed like an ideal time for her to say 'you know what in the past I have got it wrong, we're all different and I am finally ready to accept that'.
  • Options
    david_kenndavid_kenn Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this world is messed up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david_kenn wrote: »
    this world is messed up.

why ?
  • Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Hmmm yes, the cynic in me wondered whether CBB is beckoning.
    I just read the Mirror article and found it a bit disappointing that no acknowledgment was made of the previous homophobia. Seemed like an ideal time for her to say 'you know what in the past I have got it wrong, we're all different and I am finally ready to accept that'.

Exactly.

He /She is a disgrace to all the transsexuals.

He belongs in the gutter. go away.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    First Nikki Sinclaire, now Frank Maloney, how long before UKIP is led by Nigella Farage?

Not beyond the realms....
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3666155.stm

He/She might be regretting a few things perhaps?

I think these comments were indicative of his own personal turmoil. His way of coping, perhaps, and an attempt to deny his sexual dilemma.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm saying is She is gay.

Not necessarily.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    All these people commenting using the word "her" to show how understanding and modern they are. ;-)

Just for once it would be nice to see a woman that you cannot believe she ever was a man before.
    If it looks like Frank Maloney in a terrible wig...then that's exactly what it is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    All these people commenting using the word "her" to show how understanding and modern they are. ;-)

Nothing to do with being "understanding and modern" - simply acknowledging someone's transition from man to woman. Can't really see what the problem is.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Nothing to do with being "understanding and modern" - simply acknowledging someone's transition from man to woman. Can't really see what the problem is.

You may well be thoroughly understanding of any transitions...
    But it still looks like boxing promoter Frank Maloney in a cheap wig
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    DODS11 wrote: »
    At least you've stated it makes your head spin. It's not going to be truly understood by people who haven't found themselves in that position.

I think you can surely appreciate that mentally feeling you are a different gender isn't out of the question and that this would be a struggle to cope with and accept when your body and biology and society tells you everything different.

I do feel very sorry for him. At lest he has got money from the paper to start a new life. I do hope he enjoys his new self, well old self!!!! Just hope, no I am out of here.... I don't understand but I do wish him the very best.
    Life goes so FAST, enjoy
  • Options
    Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I think these comments were indicative of his own personal turmoil. His way of coping, perhaps, and an attempt to deny his sexual dilemma.

I'd not thought of it like that to be honest, in doing so I now believe he should absolutely mention it and help others to overcome their situation. Being hurtful to other groups because you yourself are in turmoil is a pretty awful way to act and by showing remorse and admitting it was wrong could be a positive help for others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    You lot do realise that gender identity and sexual orientation are separate issues, right? Just because she "became" a woman doesn't automatically make her gay. Technically she was always a woman (neurologically/psychologically) so if she's attracted to men then that makes her a straight woman.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I'd not thought of it like that to be honest, in doing so I now believe he should absolutely mention it and help others to overcome their situation. Being hurtful to other groups because you yourself are in turmoil is a pretty awful way to act and by showing remorse and admitting it was wrong could be a positive help for others.

Exactly, the whole article was all a bit me, me, me, I'd have far more respect if the previous stance towards another minority group had got a mention.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croft wrote: »
    Confirmation that the biggest bigots tend to be the biggest hypocrites .

If he doesn't have those views now, it doesn't matter. What matters is what views people have in the present or not so long ago. Someone's opinions can change a lot in 10 years.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He/She is gay..... end off.

Good for him/her, we need more people like that in this world.

Im transgendered. And I do not conceder myself gay. The idea of two men together does absolutely nothing for me. I'm generally asexual. When I do get aroused I have to imagine myself as a woman with a man. It's some weird mind over matter shit, that's not easy to put off....

But it's not gay.....
  • Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to get into a debate with some of the idiots who have posted on this thread. You've never had any dealings with Frank/Kellie and your comments mean nothing to me, but let me state a few facts about this person:

- Even 10 years ago, Frank didn't 'hate' gays. He said he believed in traditional marriage and didn't think gays did a lot for society. He said he had a problem with them openly flaunting their sexuality. These are views shared by millions of British people. Most Christians and Muslims would go along with that. I also know members of the black community who tell me that homosexuality is a taboo amongst those of Caribbean or African origin.

- Frank expressed regret about these comments some years ago. He said he was brought up in a community where hotels and cafes had signs that said 'no blacks, no Irish' and that he knew what being discriminated against was like, having been brought up as the son of Irish parents in East London.

- Frank was deeply affected by Darren Sutherland's suicide in 2009 and went through a period of counselling.

- Frank challenged Nick Griffin to a fight in the boxing ring a few years ago. Frank is considerably older than Griffin and is in poorer health. He can't stand Griffin or anything he represents.

- Frank holds views which elitist snobs might regard as 'right wing', but they chime with millions of ordinary people of all social backgrounds: tough on crime, anti-immigration and anti-EU. He did, however, call for the legalisation and licensing of brothels, and for the abolition of the Greater London Assembly.

I suspect some of the people who are being most judgemental on this thread would describe themselves as 'tolerant'. Well, maybe you ought to take a look at yourselves in the mirror some time and think twice before someone you've never met.

Just get your facts right guys.........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He/She is gay..... end off.

Good for him/her, we need more people like that in this world.

They wouldn't have wanted to become a woman if they were gay.
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    I'm not going to get into a debate with some of the idiots who have posted on this thread. You've never had any dealings with Frank/Kellie and your comments mean nothing to me, but let me state a few facts about this person:

- Even 10 years ago, Frank didn't 'hate' gays. He said he believed in traditional marriage and didn't think gays did a lot for society. He said he had a problem with them openly flaunting their sexuality. These are views shared by millions of British people. Most Christians and Muslims would go along with that. I also know members of the black community who tell me that homosexuality is a taboo amongst those of Caribbean or African origin.

- Frank expressed regret about these comments some years ago. He said he was brought up in a community where hotels and cafes had signs that said 'no blacks, no Irish' and that he knew what being discriminated against was like, having been brought up as the son of Irish parents in East London.

- Frank was deeply affected by Darren Sutherland's suicide in 2009 and went through a period of counselling.

- Frank challenged Nick Griffin to a fight in the boxing ring a few years ago. Frank is considerably older than Griffin and is in poorer health. He can't stand Griffin or anything he represents.

- Frank holds views which elitist snobs might regard as 'right wing', but they chime with millions of ordinary people of all social backgrounds: tough on crime, anti-immigration and anti-EU. He did, however, call for the legalisation and licensing of brothels, and for the abolition of the Greater London Assembly.

I suspect some of the people who are being most judgemental on this thread would describe themselves as 'tolerant'. Well, maybe you ought to take a look at yourselves in the mirror some time and think twice before someone you've never met.

Right we should "get our facts right." In that spirit:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/08/15/kellie-maloney-im-not-homophobic-but-i-dont-think-same-sex-couples-should-have-children/

Kellie still thinks that gay couples shouldn't have children, despite the fact she and her wife... Have children. These are not comments from ten years ago. They are from the other day.

Your first bullet point is a laughable "defence" of this individual as anyone who will read it will see, but picking up on one point, a lot of people say, "oh I'm fine with gays, I just don't want them flaunting it!!" "Flaunting it" can mean anything from a full on gay pride parade to, in my experience, someone simply mentioning their same-sex partner in conversation. Please imagine the opprobrium that would be heaped upon a gay person who said a trans person shouldn't "flaunt" their female identity.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No decent person that I know shares these views.

& he may not 'hate' gays - but saying they 'don't do a lot for society' is hardly a glowing endorsement either.
  • Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right we should "get our facts right." In that spirit:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/08/15/kellie-maloney-im-not-homophobic-but-i-dont-think-same-sex-couples-should-have-children/

Kellie still thinks that gay couples shouldn't have children, despite the fact she and her wife... Have children. These are not comments from ten years ago. They are from the other day.

Your first bullet point is a laughable "defence" of this individual as anyone who will read it will see, but picking up on one point, a lot of people say, "oh I'm fine with gays, I just don't want them flaunting it!!" "Flaunting it" can mean anything from a full on gay pride parade to, in my experience, someone simply mentioning their same-sex partner in conversation. Please imagine the opprobrium that would be heaped upon a gay person who said a trans person shouldn't "flaunt" their female identity.

I happen to agree with Kellie that homosexual couples shouldn't be able to adopt children. It's not a healthy or natural environment in which to bring up children and it should be banned in my view. I'll absolutely defend Kellie's right to say it.

By 'flaunt it', Frank probably meant these gay pride marches and people kissing on TV before the watershed when there are children watching. All things millions of ordinary people find uncomfortable.

The other interesting aspect a lot of people on here don't seem to understand is that a desire to change gender and one's sexuality have nothing to do with each other.

But like I say, I'd be willing to bet most people reading this thread have never met Frank/Kellie.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happen to agree with Kellie that homosexual couples shouldn't be able to adopt children. It's not a healthy or natural environment in which to bring up children and it should be banned in my view. I'll absolutely defend Kellie's right to say it.

By 'flaunt it', Frank probably meant these gay pride marches and people kissing on TV before the watershed when there are children watching. All things millions of ordinary people find uncomfortable.

The other interesting aspect a lot of people on here don't seem to understand is that a desire to change gender and one's sexuality have nothing to do with each other.

But like I say, I'd be willing to bet most people reading this thread have never met Frank/Kellie.

You insist on correlating these views with 'millions' of people.
    Perhaps 20 years ago it was thus - not now.

& what difference does it make if we have met Kellie or not? This is a discussion forum and the vast majority of the celebs commented upon have not been met by forum members.

If gays shouldn't adopt - what about transgenders?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thankfully, it's not then. I find it very telling that kids aren't bothered about who they're brought up by. It's only some adults that have a prejudiced problem with it.

Edit: I used to be a bit uncomfortable with males kissing each other on TV. Not anymore though. If females kiss on TV before the watershed, so should two men. I find your views unbelievably prejudiced.