Options

Power Cut :(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Silence really did fall in my area, we had a sodding power cut at the point where the Doctor said 'Come on Ponds' - I shan't repeat what I said though.
It did come back on tho, 10 minutes before the end. Why can't it have done this AFTER Who, or during the the football tomorrow (I'm at work so won't see it anyway).

Right I'm off to iplayer, be back in an hour!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I remember this happening to me years ago when the first episode of series 2 was on. Drove absolutely potty, it did!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPlayer for you then.
  • Options
    ArnostaeArnostae Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel your pain. We got most of the way through, then our TV signal cut out just as Amy stood up to interrupt the speeches. Just caught the end on iPlayer, but I was swearing at things for a while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    my signal cut out just as rory came through the door in the police uniform grrrrr!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silence really did fall in my area, we had a sodding power cut at the point where the Doctor said 'Come on Ponds' - I shan't repeat what I said though.
    It did come back on tho, 10 minutes before the end. Why can't it have done this AFTER Who, or during the the football tomorrow (I'm at work so won't see it anyway).

Right I'm off to iplayer, be back in an hour!

Try it happening whilst watching The End of Time Part 2, and cutting off when Wilf waves goodbye to The Doctor. Pissed me off to no end that did.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost transmission for a short while between Amy being in bed and being in the church, but you've all made me feel much better about that now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rejazz wrote: »
    my signal cut out just as rory came through the door in the police uniform grrrrr!!!!

Where are you? I'm in Stanley, you can't be that far from me then?

It always seems to happen in 'finals' of things, happened in the last ep of S3 (but then that was a bit of a let down), I'd been at work tho, so came back to no recording of it, and the bbc hadn't updated iplayer, and then during BB10.
    If it had done it last year I'd have been well pissed off as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member

It always seems to happen in 'finals' of things, happened in the last ep of S3 (but then that was a bit of a let down), I'd been at work tho, so came back to no recording of it, and the bbc hadn't updated iplayer, and then during BB10.
    If it had done it last year I'd have been well pissed off as well.

newcastle, but iv just heard a few rumbles of thunder so thats probs why!

grrr i know its well annoying thank god for iplayer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newcastle, but iv just heard a few rumbles of thunder so thats probs why!

grrr i know its well annoying thank god for iplayer.

Yeah we've had some as well. Damn weather, how dare it be so evil. iPlayer had it up straight away as well, so well done them.
  • Options
    Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both BBC1 and BBC2 on analogue went off air during Doctor Who, not long after the "come on Ponds" line (above 17 mins in to the programme) mentioned in the first post. Not too long after there was a massive roll of thunder in the distance! ITV and C4 were still on air, C5 was also down. The channels were off air for about half an hour or so I believe.
  • Options
    D J KixD J Kix Posts: 307
    Forum Member

Stanley here too :) Dinner was in the (electric) oven as well, it couldn't have been at a worse time!

I think it also knocked the South Moor traffic lights for six, as I passed them later on (after the power was restored) and they were still off..

Saw the repeat on BBC Three yesterday, but would have been nice to see it properly on Saturday :)
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bum! How angry-making!

Luckily, it'll be repeated to death on BBC3, and there's Iplayer.

Still no fun though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    our telly signal went for our recording on saturday night, then again last night too.... aarghhh mucho swearing in our household..
  • Options
    tallordertallorder Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A transmitter power loss disrupted one of the episodes of Paradise Towers for me IIRC... I was jolly cross at the time (and also 13). Looking back, it didn't make that much of a difference ;-) No iplayer in those days though... unless you were lucky enough to own a VHS you had to wait on the target novelisation!
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    It was a security guard uniform.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D J Kix wrote: »
    Stanley here too :) Dinner was in the (electric) oven as well, it couldn't have been at a worse time!

I think it also knocked the South Moor traffic lights for six, as I passed them later on (after the power was restored) and they were still off..

Saw the repeat on BBC Three yesterday, but would have been nice to see it properly on Saturday :)

ooo now the lights going off can't have been good, Hope dinner wasn't ruined for you.
    I ended up watching it on iplayer, and then again on bbc3 yesterday.