Options

Samsung Galaxy S - New to Touchscreen - Help!

ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
Forum Member
✭✭
Aargh! I'm brand new to touchscreens - bought a Samsung Galaxy S yesterday, and I mostly love it, but I am stuck with a couple of things that I just can't sort out.

Firstly, on my main start screen when I first switched it on, there was a green bar with a number (0 if nothing was running) telling me how many processes/apps/things were running, so that I could see if I'd accidentaly left something running that didn't need to be. I was finding it quite useful, but it's suddenly disappeared! I didn't think that I deleted it, but I suppose I must have done. I can't find it anywhere to re-add it to my Idle screen, and I can't find it in the manual, and I don't know what it's called! I would like to get it back if I can, if anyone knows how?

Secondly, I am trying to connect my phone to my laptop and having difficulty. If I connect them, there is a popup on the laptop saying that it's found new hardware and the wizard needs to search for drivers... and it searches... and searches... and ten minutes later it gives up and tells me there aren't any. I can't see anything in the manual about this, and there are no discs or anything. I would like to transfer some music to my phone, which I wouldn't have thought would be that difficult.

Comments

• Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignore me! I'm a dufus - solved both things now! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi

I am also a dufus and have yet to figure out where the green bar has gone. How do I get it back?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold your finger on a blank area of the screen till the pop up appears, select 'Add Samsung Widget' and then choose it from there.