RIP Jimmy Savile

Comments

• Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ007 wrote: »
    If it's on the net t must be true!:rolleyes:

Oh my, you're actually using the moron rolleyes 'the net lies' defence on this. When there's a certain amount of gossip, you know it has to be true, no smoke without fire and all that. Even after the Louis Theroux documentary, him all but admitting it on HIGNFY, and several print publications, websites, forums naming him, you still thought it was just silly Internet rumour?
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HIGNFY thing was a hoax - but it did make me wonder whether it was produced by someone who wanted him to be investigated.
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    The HIGNFY thing was a hoax - but it did make me wonder whether it was produced by someone who wanted him to be investigated.

I found an interview with the two people who wrote the hoax. They had no axe to grind, or any evidence, against Savile.

I think they wrote it with an eye to see how easy it would be to get the press to believe the hoax was true, though in the end they never tried to do it.
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A hoax? I saw the video on HIGNFY this week. I mean him on there, not the transcript that was faked. The appearance where they asked what he does in his caravan and he responds 'Anyone I can get my hands on'.
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I fear yes.....but for the time being let's not forget all those hospital visits he made without any publicity.

Hmm........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    I found an interview with the two people who wrote the hoax. They had no axe to grind, or any evidence, against Savile.

I think they wrote it with an eye to see how easy it would be to get the press to believe the hoax was true, though in the end they never tried to do it.
    Interesting, thanks for that! :)
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    A hoax? I saw the video on HIGNFY this week. I mean him on there, not the transcript that was faked. The appearance where they asked what he does in his caravan and he responds 'Anyone I can get my hands on'.
    Apologies - I thought you meant the transcript which had been doing the rounds.
    Sealeg wrote: »
    Hmm........
    Agreed - a definite Hmmm! :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Does this mean the can of worms can now be opened?

Well and truly
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »

Yes that was quite shocking. He really did hide in plain sight.
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shagging dead bodies stuff is disgusting. I truly wish this had all been exposed before he gleefully slipped away assuming everyone still thought he was worthy of being a Sir. Especially as so many people seemed aware of the goings on, but nobody did anything!!

Rotten to the core.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    For a man that openly admitted he hated children, he had no problem visiting care homes and hospitals to visit sick children. Very bizarre.

And nearly a year later we ALL now the REAL truth.

JS was a part of my childhood and it feels so weird that fond memories of that theme tune "Jim'll Fix it for youuuuuuuuuuuu!" well it's all just a sham and lies and evil. :(:(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBeeN wrote: »
    And nearly a year later we ALL now the REAL truth.

JS was a part of my childhood and it feels so weird that fond memories of that theme tune "Jim'll Fix it for youuuuuuuuuuuu!" well it's all just a sham and lies and evil. :(:(

He's starting to come across as having been a right arrogant swine, if all these reports are true.
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »

Thanks for this, Chris Morris was being named as the definite author on the other thread.So easy to spread false info!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow. This thread. Just amazing, the extremes of opinion...even before the latest wave of events.

I wonder if any of the original posters have changed their p.o.v. either way.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these videos of Jimmy Saville apparently being blatant about his paedophilic ways are a load of old arse, a classical example of seeing what you want to see.

The caravan and "anyone I can get my hands on". Doesn't mean a thing unless you substitute "anyone" to mean "children".

The other I saw which made me chuckle was a recording of him trying to convince a young girl that she should prefer him to Noel Edmonds! Predatory peadophile or old man ribbing a kid?

Not saying things haven't happened, I just struggle to believe that anything but a small percentage of the stuff put out there is actually even half true.

Was reading John Ronson's article when he followed Jonathan King's trial, and most of the charges brought against him were revealed to be cock and bull. And that was an actual trial brought against a living person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with that Charliesays, people are reading sinister motives into every throwaway line now.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with that Charliesays, people are reading sinister motives into every throwaway line now.

I agree. Someone was saying about him making innuendos on his show in front of kids. Most shows (films as well) that are popular with both adults and kids have two levels of enjoyment one the kids enjoy the other the adults and nothing should be read into that.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these videos of Jimmy Saville apparently being blatant about his paedophilic ways are a load of old arse, a classical example of seeing what you want to see.

The caravan and "anyone I can get my hands on". Doesn't mean a thing unless you substitute "anyone" to mean "children".

The other I saw which made me chuckle was a recording of him trying to convince a young girl that she should prefer him to Noel Edmonds! Predatory peadophile or old man ribbing a kid?

Not saying things haven't happened, I just struggle to believe that anything but a small percentage of the stuff put out there is actually even half true.

Was reading John Ronson's article when he followed Jonathan King's trial, and most of the charges brought against him were revealed to be cock and bull. And that was an actual trial brought against a living person.

But Jonathan King was convicted, so there must have been some substance to at least some of what he was charged with. As to reading things into Savile's outpourings, he may well have 'had' young girls in his caravan. The man who wrote this has also been filmed saying the same things.
    Richard Pearson1 October 2012 16:45

I was offered a contract to work on a radio programme presented by Savile, but after meeting himand hearing him boast of having 'had' four 14 year old girls in his trailer that morning, I declined it. When I challenged him, his defence was that it kept him young and that the 'man upstairs' allowed him these discretions, in return for his 'good works'.

Many years later I was having lunch with a friend, in a cafe in Scarborough. He came and, uninvited, sat at our table and introduced himself. I told him I didn't 'sup' with paedophiles and would he kindly f*ck off.

Why didn't I report him to the police? Because like most other people the only 'evidence' I had were his own boasts and hearsay, which in legal definition was no evidence.

After he died it was mooted that a statue of him should be erected in Scarborough, where I live. I wrote to the local paper saying that if such a statue be erected, I would deface it continually and offered my reasons. They didn't print the letter!

http://www.fleetstreetfox.com/2012/10/blinded-by-obvious.html

Video.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9605734/Jimmy-Savile-boasted-of-under-age-sex-during-BBC-meeting.html
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Intresting take on this thread since he died.

I wonder how many posters here were barred by DS for making allegations or telling their stories about him.

Im sure quite a few,

But is it just me or is everyone bored with this rotten pedo and his sorrid life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, me too. There is another link between Sir James and Mr Sutcliffe, but I really don't think this is the time or the place.

Let's just remember him for his contributions to charity, music and our childhood TV viewing for now. :)

I'm quoting myself, but.. BIB I think we can talk about it now, past self. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    , not just raising money by doing things he enjoyed such as running marathons , but actually working at hospitals and getting stuck in

Unfortunate turn of phrase there, David1955...
    Forum Member
    FBI wrote: »
    Savile said he had no recollection of visiting that specific care home in Jersey not the whole island. The abuse at that home was investigated and Sir Jimmy was never implicated in any way. He was guilty of no more than visiting the home in a charitable capacity - as he did for decades in hundreds of other hospitals, homes, etc. End of.

Feeling a bit silly now eh, FBI?
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    His job at both Broadmoor and both hospitals would have required stringent checks on him.

Feeling a bit silly now eh. milliejoe?
    Forum Member

I sincerely hope that none of Savile's victims have read your vile post... shame on you.
    Forum Member
    Had the pleasure of meeting and working with Jimmy on a project last year, very charismatic and generous man. Fare thee well our honorary Chieftain:(

Oh dear... hopefully the powers that be have removed the "honorary" from this predatory sex offender,
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling a bit silly now eh, FBI?

All the poster's strongly defending Savile are now keeping very quiet, as far as this thread's concerned.