Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 93)

Comments

• LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    I'm watching their first episode together just now, and I love that little smile Brendan has on his face when Ste's trying to bribe him.

Just before he knocks him out. :o

And similar to the way he'll suddenly get a taste for Italian food? ;)

BIB: Oh Brendan. ;)

A filleayssheo puhneeneh?
    Give me time...I will hatch up a plan. Mwhaha.

C&S tried. She failed.

I was coerced into liking Craig though.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    C&S tried. She failed.

Oh LMan. You do disappoint meh. :( You know, and I know, that you like JP's pudgy tummeh. There's no shame in admitting it. ;):p

ETA: LOL at an innuendo panini. :D:D
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    From the way he looked at him, I'd say instant attraction. But he started to think he might actually try to seduce him a few weeks later, when Ste was getting mixed up with the drugs. Before Rae, really. Rae was just yet another cockblocker.

You could almost see the light go on in his brain when Ste hid the package in his office for him. That was when he started standing close to him and doing the mouth staring even more :D
    This, yes. The plots were strong, but mostly, they were tied into character. For me, what made Brendan so amazing was his character was his story. The whole thing was driven by him being closeted, self-hating and controlling. And then developing feelings for Ste which blew all that out of the water. So brilliant.

Same. I loved the tragedy of it all, that here was a character who was so disgusted with himself (something observed by Ste, the only person besides Amy whose ever realised how much Brendan hates himself.) And yet he couldn't help falling in love despite that. My favourite thing was how it was built up so slowly and beautifully, from Ste's feelings turning from dislike and distrust to awe and then love. And Brendan not being able to stop himself from returning those feelings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh LMan. You do disappoint meh. :( You know, and I know, that you like JP's pudgy tummeh. There's no shame in admitting it. ;):p

I don't! I don't! :cry:
    Forum Member

Giving it a nice squeeze there.

C&S tried. She failed.

I can be persuasive when I want to be :cool:

One down, one to go.
    Forum Member
    You could almost see the light go on in his brain when Ste hid the package in his office for him. That was when he started standing close to him and doing the mouth staring even more :D

Same. I loved the tragedy of it all, that here was a character who was so disgusted with himself (something observed by Ste, the only person besides Amy whose ever realised how much Brendan hates himself.) And yet he couldn't help falling in love despite that. My favourite thing was how it was built up so slowly and beautifully, from Ste's feelings turning from dislike and distrust to awe and then love. And Brendan not being able to stop himself from returning those feelings.

:D And then went out and was really nice to Ste, and Ste looked all confused. :o:D

Love this description in bold. *Happy sighs*
    Forum Member
    :D And then went out and was really nice to Ste, and Ste looked all confused. :o:D

Love this description in bold. *Happy sighs*

He looked at him like he was mad! :D

Aw. Perfect pair. Love them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giving it a nice squeeze there.

The harlot.
    Forum Member

Methinks the lady doth protest too much ... :cool:

I just have to say again, btw, that THIS is my fave thing recently. Cos the man looks like a movie star. I love the slightly startled look into the camera. And the way the dresser is smoothing his lapels. The camera really loves him. :o
    Forum Member
    The harlot.

He did it just for you.

And you don't even appreciate it :mad:;)
    Forum Member

I just have to say again, btw, that THIS is my fave thing recently. Cos the man looks like a movie star. I love the slightly startled look into the camera. And the way the dresser is smoothing his lapels. The camera really loves him. :o

Doesn't he look amazing? The colouring of that makes it look even better.

I can so see him in films. I want someone to cast him as Rhett Butler if they ever do a remake of GWTW. He's already got the tache. He'd be perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: Absolutely.

I'll always remember Emmett talking, in one of his early interviews, about the subtlety he wanted the build-up to have. And it really did give so much to the SL, and characters, that it was allowed the time to grow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: :cool:

I'm trying to work out where it is, though. And what set has a removable hole in the wall.
    He did it just for you.

And you don't even appreciate it :mad:;)

Maybe I did. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gorgeous. :o

His hair looks quite long again there.

ETA: I thought it was maybe his office, because of the walls.
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    BIB: Absolutely.

I'll always remember Emmett talking, in one of his early interviews, about the subtlety he wanted the build-up to have. And it really did give so much to the SL, and characters, that it was allowed the time to grow.

All my favourite storylines have a slow build up - Hannah's anorexia, John Paul and Craig, Claire. It means that you actually have time to care about the characters, and the big moments (like Brendan kissing Ste in front of everyone in the club, ILY day etc) are even 'bigger', because you feel like you've gone on a journey with these people, and you want to know what happens to them.

I love Emmett's interviews, he always gives such considered and poignant answers. I completely agree with him.
    Forum Member
    It definitely looks like the Chez Chez office to me, because of the bricks, and the placing of the door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the door that threw me. I didn't realise the interior of the office door was paneled.

#signsyouwatchtoomuchHO
    Forum Member
    It was the door that threw me. I didn't realise the interior of the office door was paneled.

#signsyouwatchtoomuchHO

HA! Me too :D

And I didn't know it was filmed through a hole in the wall.
    Maybe I did. :cool:

See how easily my plan is working? I'm convincing you already :D
  • MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was! "Just anything to keep me mouth shut ..."
    ;)

From the way he looked at him, I'd say instant attraction. But he started to think he might actually try to seduce him a few weeks later, when Ste was getting mixed up with the drugs. Before Rae, really. Rae was just yet another cockblocker.

This, yes. The plots were strong, but mostly, they were tied into character. For me, what made Brendan so amazing was his character was his story. The whole thing was driven by him being closeted, self-hating and controlling. And then developing feelings for Ste which blew all that out of the water. So brilliant.

I was never really sure whether Brendan had intended on making a move on Ste or whether when Rae came on the scene Brendan's jealousy kinda made him do it.

I thought that the forced trip and staring at scene trying to will Ste in to kissing him was a very risky strategy for Brendan as what would have happened if Ste hadnt kissed him.
    Forum Member
    BIB: :cool:

I'm trying to work out where it is, though. And what set has a removable hole in the wall.

It has to be the office doesn't it? Because the dimensions make that place look too tiny to have a camera there. So they'd need the hole in the wall. But who knew?

Ready, yeah, I'm desperately missing the slow burn at the moment. It's like most of the stories seem to be on some strange rotation, but there's no real sense of any of them going anywhere. I really hope they sort it out. The whole show needs a bit more forward momentum. Not rushing, but building.
    Forum Member
    MissCeltic wrote: »
    I thought that the forced trip and staring at scene trying to will Ste in to kissing him was a very risky strategy for Brendan as what would have happened if Ste hadnt kissed him.

I think that's why he had to make it seem as if it was all Ste's fault, and why it was so important that Ste was the one to kiss him. Brendan would have known straight away if Ste didn't fancy him, because he would have pushed Brendan off him, or asked him what he was doing. But it was quite obvious from Ste's amazed, awed little face that he wanted to kiss him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See how easily my plan is working? I'm convincing you already :D

*shakes fist*
    It has to be the office doesn't it? Because the dimensions make that place look too tiny to have a camera there. So they'd need the hole in the wall. But who knew?

I'm not going to be looking at that side of the office to see if we can place the removable bit. :D
    Forum Member
    Ready, yeah, I'm desperately missing the slow burn at the moment. It's like most of the stories seem to be on some strange rotation, but there's no real sense of any of them going anywhere. I really hope they sort it out. The whole show needs a bit more forward momentum. Not rushing, but building.

That's why I hope that this Stug/Stendan stuff is a nice slow burn. I'd love it if Ste doesn't find out for quite a while that Brendan's the investor, and that they become closer in that time. Then I hope Pa Brady comes back, immediately takes a disliking to Ste (He's queer, Brendan. Oi don't want yer near him), and Brendan stands up for Ste, cementing his love for him once and for all. Then, they're just about to finally be together, and Ste finds out about Brendan's apperant manipulation, which is the last cockblock.

Cue angst and tears and kisses and the rest.

#Hasthoughtaboutthiswaytoomuch :o
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    *shakes fist*

I'm not going to be looking at that side of the office to see if we can place the removable bit. :D

Is it the rota board? I can't quite work out the angle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I hope that this Stug/Stendan stuff is a nice slow burn. I'd love it if Ste doesn't find out for quite a while that Brendan's the investor, and that they become closer in that time. Then I hope Pa Brady comes back, immediately takes a disliking to Ste (He's queer, Brendan. Oi don't want yer near him), and Brendan stands up for Ste, cementing his love for him once and for all. Then, they're just about to finally be together, and Ste finds out about Brendan's apperant manipulation, which is the last cockblock.

Cue angst and tears and kisses and the rest.

#Hasthoughtaboutthiswaytoomuch :o

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

All this. :cool:
    Is it the rota board? I can't quite work out the angle.

I think it is!

Oh you're good. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.