Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Who phoned fake Gav to tell him real Gav was dead?
    What happened to the blackmail money real Gav was given?
    Why doesn't fake Gav just leave the bistro?
    Does anyone really care about Sean and Billy?
    All good points. Where did fake Gavin come from in the first place? Why can't he go back there? Instead of changing national insurance numbers and making Gail commit fraud surely the safe thing is to leave that employment immediately. As for the blackmail cash, is it in the real Gavin's flat? Why not go and check. If it was in the car he crashed then aren't the police going to be interested in the fact he was carrying over £2,000 in notes like that which is not very normal behaviour?

Too many questions and I bet none are answered.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    How weak is supposedly tough Callum? One comment of: "I'm not scared of you" from the ginger shorter Chuckle Brother lookalike (Chesney) and he runs off with his tail between his legs.

Think he may have run off because he heard a police siren :)
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have kate and joseph been abroad before? If not, why would they have passports?
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Corrie being consistent in using old, clichéd storylines in tonight's episode with Emily "setting up" the two boys to sort out their differences *yawn*

Complete with the infamous line from Sean - "You set me up!"
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Hope Part 9 is as entertaining as the previous eight. :kitty:

Another 'chance' encounter tonight.......Beth crosses the road and guess who she sees? Chesney with Katy. At least she didn't go all guns blazing....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we really expected to believe that Gail, Michael, Nick, Leanne, Fake Gavin and his girlfriend would all stand around in the Bistro wringing their hands over the fact that Gail hadn't been paid for a couple of hours overtime?
  • Options
    Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another 'chance' encounter tonight.......Beth crosses the road and guess who she sees? Chesney with Katy. At least she didn't go all guns blazing....

Yes, thought Beth's reaction was quite realistic!
  • Options
    Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ffs with the password, Gail got it first time! (As usual.) Would a businessman really use their date of birth? And within a millisecond she was straight into fake Gavin's account.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ffs with the password, Gail got it first time! (As usual.) Would a businessman really use their date of birth? And within a millisecond she was straight into fake Gavin's account.

Wouldn't the tax office be a bit suspicious of gavin dieing whilst being employed by the bistro then continuing in employment with the national insurance number of Andrew carver?
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if Chesney would just agree to let Katy bugger off to Portugal with his son at a minutes notice. I think I would have bought it more if Katy went off & left Joseph with Chesney seeing as she's more interested in bonking drug dealers than looking after her son most of the time
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    emilyb wrote: »
    As if Chesney would just agree to let Katy bugger off to Portugal with his son at a minutes notice. I think I would have bought it more if Katy went off & left Joseph with Chesney seeing as she's more interested in bonking drug dealers than looking after her son most of the time

I was thinking she'd leave Joseph. ..thus repeating her mum's behaviour
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    I was thinking she'd leave Joseph. ..thus repeating her mum's behaviour

Yes I think that would have been quite interesting given the same happened to her but corrie doesn't do interesting at the moment
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter drivel tonight, I don't think it is only the chickens that need their necks ringing, how about the whole Nazir family! Dreadful. I just wanted to punch myself in the face after the chicken and eggs scene! Punching myself in the face would provide light relief to Weatherfield. I can't believe I watched two 22 minute episodes tonight, what a waste. I could have been doing something more productive, like cutting my toe nails. >:(

You lot need a medal watching this guff day in day out, either that or a blue peter badge! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Wouldn't the tax office be a bit suspicious of gavin dieing whilst being employed by the bistro then continuing in employment with the national insurance number of Andrew carver?

Well somebody somewhere would be on the case quite rapidly I would imagine. You could hardly change an employee's NI number during their employment, as they go with you from the age of 16 for life, so how could anyone think it sane to suddenly just write a new one in somebody's record. Gail must have been having a few off camera knocks to the head because she appears to have very few brain cells left considering how she has put herself in such a position so pointlessly.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Corrie being consistent in using old, clichéd storylines in tonight's episode with Emily "setting up" the two boys to sort out their differences *yawn*

Complete with the infamous line from Sean - "You set me up!"

Yes but we did have some variation. Instead of - Let's go to the bistro - my treat. We got 'Let's go to the Rovers - my treat'. :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People in Corrie are often out for no reason at all except to witness something
  • Options
    *Baby*Blue**Baby*Blue* Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Where did fake Gavin come from in the first place? Why can't he go back there?

Andy was living with Gavin in the flat as they were flat mates. I'm guessing Andy could go back to the flat if he wanted to, but he seems to be living with Steph at the minute.

As for the blackmail cash, is it in the real Gavin's flat? Why not go and check. If it was in the car he crashed then aren't the police going to be interested in the fact he was carrying over £2,000 in notes like that which is not very normal behaviour?
    This week, Michael's Aunt comes to see Gail and we learn that Gavin actually died of a heart attack, not from crashing his car while under influence of alcohol. Maybe we can assume that the money is still in the flat? It depends if Gavin had a heart attack in his flat before he had meant to have left, if so then the money probably will still be there :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which means, *Baby*Blue*, that there is another SOR in that fake Gavin has not gone around that flat ASAP to at least try and possibly find that money if it is lying around and get it back to Gail. But absolutely no mention of it whatsoever, over £2,000! Crackpot or what.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Seriously, never mind 'suspension of reality' - the audience needs to have had a ****ing lobotomy to swallow the sheer amount of bullshit we've been fed during tonight's double-bill. What a complete load of bollocks from start to finish. As someone who has watched Corrie for well over 25 years, it pains me to see such piss-poor 'storylines' presented to the viewing public. Do the writers and producers think the viewers will continue to watch regardless of the shite being put out? I fear they are in for a very rude awakening given the general tone of comments from viewers on this site alone. They need to sort their act out sooner rather than later. I for one cannot deal with another episode hinging on whether the pet chickens of a family I couldn't give a shit about lays an egg...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    Are we really expected to believe that Gail, Michael, Nick, Leanne, Fake Gavin and his girlfriend would all stand around in the Bistro wringing their hands over the fact that Gail hadn't been paid for a couple of hours overtime?

Like it was really some big issue! When Michael asked Gail what she was doing in the office and she explained about the overtime, didn't he ask whether or not she had paid the overtime and she said 'no'? Why?!!!

Gail McIntyre - password cracker. As if!
    stevepjk wrote: »

What an utterly ludicrous scenario. Why doesn't he just LEAVE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, never mind 'suspension of reality' - the audience needs to have had a ****ing lobotomy to swallow the sheer amount of bullshit we've been fed during tonight's double-bill. What a complete load of bollocks from start to finish. As someone who has watched Corrie for well over 25 years, it pains me to see such piss-poor 'storylines' presented to the viewing public. Do the writers and producers think the viewers will continue to watch regardless of the shite being put out? I fear they are in for a very rude awakening given the general tone of comments from viewers on this site alone. They need to sort their act out sooner rather than later. I for one cannot deal with another episode hinging on whether the pet chickens of a family I couldn't give a shit about lays an egg...

LOL!

And Sean and Billy. Who actually gives a ....?!

I'm worried about Tony. What's he going to do with the house he bought for Jason and Eva now that she has buggered off to NY?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably forget he bought it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    LOL!

And Sean and Billy. Who actually gives a ....?!

I'm worried about Tony. What's he going to do with the house he bought for Jason and Eva now that she has buggered off to NY?

Didn't she go to France?
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Did Zeedan and Kal actually keep the "fake" eggs in the fridge for all to see? :confused:
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Didn't she go to France?

Did she? I thought New York too.

The timing was a bit off again tonight, wasn't it? Even if Chesney hadn't bumped into Drunk-one-minute-sober-the-next-Katy he still wouldn't have got to the hospital in time.
This discussion has been closed.