I feel sorry for Kate Middleton

Comments

• PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Fantastic post... Agree with you entirely.

It makes me mad when we are told exactly how many thousands of pounds she has spent on an outfit. What sort of twisted country do we live in when people are dying from not being able to heat their homes and children are going hungry, yet some woman can spend five figure sums on a dress? :mad:

It's disgusting. Yet they think they are entitled to more.

Thank you. Have you seen this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/14/prince-charles-estate-tax-avoidance?CMP=twt_gu
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »

It's all mounting up, isn't it? People should really take the original often quoted cost with a large dose of salt, then quadruple it to be anywhere near the true cost to the UK taxpayers.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Why do the peasants lick the ar$e of the royals? It's nothing short of embarrassing. Do they really believe that Prince Charles or any of his family care one jot about the likes of us?

Some people actually bow or curtsey to the royal family, they go out and cheer them and wave flags at them. Why? They are just humans too. They were born the same way we all were, and they will die the same way too.
    Couldn't agree more. Any kind of sycophancy is nauseating and in the case of the Royals, it's even less warranted/merited. Shameless lot.:sleep:
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binger53 wrote: »
    Presumably these gifts weren't valuable enough for "Fawcett the Fence" to sell on ;)

Ah, Fawcett, the guy who used to squeeze toothpaste on Charles' toothbrush :p Some say the real love of Charles' life. He even got to keep his expensive grace and favour home when he was forced to resign the job. He soon found his way back, though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047195/Prince-Charles-hands-old-chum-Michael-Fawcett-plum-new-role-running-Dumfries-Estate-Scotland.html
  • The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I'm sure if someone was suffering with the same condition as Kate, they would be admitted to hospital..

In Denmark they are hospitalized, royal or not. My sister suffered from the same condition losing 12 kilos in two weeks during her first weeks of pregnancy. It is not something to joke about. She was admitted for as long as it took for her to become stable.
    My sister says she feels compassion for any woman having to go through what she went through.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dane wrote: »
    In Denmark they are hospitalized, royal or not. My sister suffered from the same condition losing 12 kilos in two weeks during her first weeks of pregnancy. It is not something to joke about. She was admitted for as long as it took for her to become stable.
    My sister says she feels compassion for any woman having to go through what she went through.

Well, she appears to be well enough to attend the Sports Personality of the Year tonight ... and present an award. So, perhaps it was just a bit of morning sickness after all!
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i feel really sorry for kate and williams because what should be a 'happy' time has been tarnished somewhat - forever the baby will be associated with the nurse committing suicide

i'm sure her and william were genuinely upset - afterall they are human afterall.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Well, she appears to be well enough to attend the Sports Personality of the Year tonight ... and present an award. So, perhaps it was just a bit of morning sickness after all!

exactly a complete drama queen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

And I wonder how pregnant women cope who actually have to hold down a job and who don't have tons of servants, assistants or counsellors to help them out.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »

There is nothing drama queen about the severe morning sickness she had... I don't think she wanted the world to know she was pregnant so early
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she did - to justify her lack of any work ethic.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Sports Personality of the Year and she looked sinfully thin, that girl must be oing through the mill
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very harsh!

A close friend of mine had hyperemesis with both pregnancies from start to end (she was pregnant with twins both times) and apart from her belly, she looked skeletal. She spent many days in hospital on drips and had a full-time job to contend with. With the second pregnancy, she also had twin toddlers at home to look after.

Kate didn't look particularly well when she appeared on tv last night.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought her appearing was in poor taste really considering that poor nurse hadn't even been buried yet :(

The Royals know no shame though
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her appearing was in poor taste really considering that poor nurse hadn't even been buried yet :(

You do realise the Royals' diary is planned months in advance?

Kate's not psychic and didn't realise that this would happen. Is she supposed to wear black for a year and never go out?
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do realise the Royals' diary is planned months in advance?

Kate's not psychic and didn't realise that this would happen. Is she supposed to wear black for a year and never go out?

I thought she was supposed to be that ill anyway? :rolleyes:

They should have sent someone else in her place like Sophie Wessex - she doesn't exactly seem to have a full calendar....
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing drama queen about the severe morning sickness she had... I don't think she wanted the world to know she was pregnant so early

Then why tell everybody ?

It is not as if the hospital had a bunch of blabbermouths who share patients personal details with anyone who telephones them
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was supposed to be that ill anyway? :rolleyes:

They should have sent someone else in her place like Sophie Wessex - she doesn't exactly seem to have a full calendar....

She may well have been ill at the time she went into hospital, was treated and now she's able to continue with her day to day life. From my daughter's experience of morning sickness, I know she wasn't able to do anything much for 3 months, but every woman's pregnancy is different obviously.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB - what a load of old sanctimonious rubbish.

Had she not shown up, I bet you lot that find fault with every single thing she does would be all 'what a slacker' and 'can't even make the effort for our Olympians' and 'she's really milking this so-called morning sickness' etc etc etc.

You know I'm right. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is unfair.. Why should she stay locked away.. She didn't cause this lady's death..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then why tell everybody ?

It is not as if the hospital had a bunch of blabbermouths who share patients personal details with anyone who telephones them

I don't think she had much choice..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    BIB - what a load of old sanctimonious rubbish.

Had she not shown up, I bet you lot that find fault with every single thing she does would be all 'what a slacker' and 'can't even make the effort for our Olympians' and 'she's really milking this so-called morining sickness' etc etc etc.

You know I'm right. ;)

Damned if she does damned if she doesn't... I didn't see Prince William being slated for going to the film premier ... Some people just want to attack for the sake of it
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is unfair.. Why should she stay locked away.. She didn't cause this lady's death..

Of course, if Kate hadn't become pregnant and required hospital treatment then none of this would have happened!! :sleep:

I think she's never going to be able to do right for wrong. To continue to tarnish her in this way is unkind and unnecessary.

The responsibility lies with the idiotic radio station; the hospital for not having appropriate telephone procedures in place and ultimately the nurse for taking such drastic measures to escape whatever turmoil she must have been in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Of course, if Kate hadn't become pregnant and required hospital treatment then none of this would have happened!! :sleep:

I think she's never going to be able to do right for wrong. To continue to tarnish her in this way is unkind and unnecessary.

The responsibility lies with the idiotic radio station; the hospital for not having appropriate telephone procedures in place and ultimately the nurse for taking such drastic measures to escape whatever turmoil she must have been in.

We don't know what the hospital phone procedure is.. We don't know if the nurse broke that procedure ..
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know what the hospital phone procedure is.. We don't know if the nurse broke that procedure ..

Indeed, but my main point was that whatever was going on in the outside world is not something that Kate can be held responsible for, i.e. some folk suggesting she should not be appearing in public just before the nurse's funeral was due to take place.